Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

burner 2.0 us or asian spec?

Go down 
+2
TheFocalPoint
thesleepingforest
6 posters
AuthorMessage
thesleepingforest
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

burner 2.0 us or asian spec? Empty
PostSubject: burner 2.0 us or asian spec?   burner 2.0 us or asian spec? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:43 am

Hi guys as a newbie looking to pick up my first driver this weekend, have narrowed down to the burner 2.0 for its forgiveness..after checking it out at the store seems the usa spec and the asian spec is a difference of 100 bucks for a different shaft and grip..
would like to find out if u guys think the extra for the fubuki shaft over the matrix ozik is worth it and necessary? Cant wait to pick up my new toy cheers
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: burner 2.0 us or asian spec?   burner 2.0 us or asian spec? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:26 am

all not worth it.. TM stock non-TP all crap..
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: burner 2.0 us or asian spec?   burner 2.0 us or asian spec? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:23 am

Wahaha, but bro TFP, let's give our newbie bro a good lift.

Personally, bro, US is "1-step" stiffer as compared to Asian specs. Meaning a US regular will feel like Asian Stiff. If you think that US stiff will be too stiff for you, then go with the US regular, and use that spare $100 and buy a wedge lor. Times are bad now bro Shocked

Enjoy ur journey!
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: burner 2.0 us or asian spec?   burner 2.0 us or asian spec? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:36 am

have narrowed down to the burner 2.0 for its forgiveness..a
where did you try out the club and can you check the shaft on what spec is it on?
the market have all the BULLS about american spec and jap spec, just borrow the driver that you feel most comfortable and ask the sales person to match it exact, else dont buy.
Batman got the easy explanation for the diff, save the 100 , can use for a 3 wood to match.
Back to top Go down
thesleepingforest
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: burner 2.0 us or asian spec?   burner 2.0 us or asian spec? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:39 am

Woah TFP bro! gimme chance la haha! i probably wont be good enough to utilize a shaft swap so i would like to use a stock driver to hone my swing first!
Thanks alot batman bro for the headsup, uncleP i went to view the clubs at golf and leisure in Fareast. Spec wise i saw quite a few but i cant remb already only remb the "jap spec" was Mitsubishi Fubuki shaft and the "US spec" one is on the matrix ozik.
so i'm guessing to pick up the US spec for some price saving, work on my own skills and when i'm up for it upgrade the shaft shud be the best bet.. An alternative which i saw was a cobra S3 off ebay which would work up to be abt 250sgd with shipping.
Back to top Go down
fulloption
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: burner 2.0 us or asian spec?   burner 2.0 us or asian spec? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:43 am

Golf house having promo... $299 for us and $399 for japan. gd price. U can buy US and change the shaft.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: burner 2.0 us or asian spec?   burner 2.0 us or asian spec? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:23 pm

I have a spare fubiki shaft in S flex that I can release to you cheap if you want to experiment.
Back to top Go down
thesleepingforest
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: burner 2.0 us or asian spec?   burner 2.0 us or asian spec? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:59 pm

hey guys, i went to isetan mini golf sales to take alook and went to try the US stiff shaft and the salesperson say my swing speed still slow so advise me to go for the asian or regular flex but they ran out of stock on the regular US spec one so i bought mine from GolfnLeisure cant wait to try it out at the range!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: burner 2.0 us or asian spec?   burner 2.0 us or asian spec? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

burner 2.0 us or asian spec?
Page 1 of 1