Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)

Go down 
+28
Dstruc
golf_new_comer
alvin7379
Ssquirrel
mowen
JonL_TK
mloy
mUAr_cHEe
Derek
slinger
nientsu
drawbias
DGman
mizzy
shamusan
jimmychoo
pocketace
Winston
asahi
4dtoto
zhenxua
chinchiachun
Tituman
duffader
Technospaz
eiji
golfool2009
kian
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) Empty
PostSubject: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 9:52 pm

everyone who has played with me knows im a short hitter...im always 30-50m behind my regular kakis off the tee (dont count par 3 la hor)...and for iron shots im always at least 1.5 to 2 club lengths shorter (4 club lengths if u compare me to shams)....

my trusty g15 (loft 10.5) fitted with a 60s graman signature series gives me decent control my tee shots - mainly baby fades to babde draws nowadays....if it fades i hit it <200M and if it draws unintentionally i can hit it between 201m-210m....

so nows the deal....i hit all my shots HIGH (and i mean it realli high).....and with the occasional slices i cant past 200m....so backside itchy ordered in a G20 (9.5 degrees) with a tour ad DJ 6...

my review on the g20 goes.....

its the indian....not the arrow.....whahhahahahhaa

my ball still balloon and now i hit it with big fades or big hooks....

the g20 face feels hot! hotter thn the g15 but a reason could be becuz its a brand new face....the feel might be the same if i had bought a new g15...i dono....

the head at address looks diff from the g15..but it sort of promote better confidence becuz it looks bulkier and kinda hard to miss the ball.....(unless u do a chirpy and throw your driver longer thn the ball)....the g15 looks closed-face to me and in this case...the g20 looked kinda neutral....but still with a very very very minute close face....prolly to counter the slice.....as my coach tendy pointed out...ping clubs have very low MOI which promotes high launch.....so i should haf taken my shifu's advice to take the 8.5 degrees instead....

now onto the GD Tour AD DJ....whn i collected the club....it felt damn heavy......but it could be because i skipped breakfast and lunch.....and true enuff.......after i had some snacks before hitting the range.....the club felt like a feather.....i ordered in d3 swing weight but it came D5 (length is 45.25 inch)....i compared it side by side the with graman 60s....the tour ad dj felt like 10 grams lighter....at first i was worried D5 was a tad too heavy....but whn i swing the club...i cant even feel the head.....and the shaft felt too whippy for my liking.....but i have a preference for a stiff tip....but on the other hand, the lighter shaft (raw weight is 66g on the webby, current weight at 45.25in i dono how heavy) promotes a faster swing for me.....so much faster i totally lose my tempo....which is why i feel the shaft to be whippy at the tip and i keep slicing the ball....and whn i go for a stronger grip to square the face....i pulled my shots......

before going for the tour ad dj...i tried the tour ad di 6R...and it felt like a piece of wood and stiff (even though its regular)...it kinda felt similar to the prolaunch red.....with a mid/high kick....in comparison i would say the tour ad DJ feels more of a low/mid kick shaft.....

i will game my g20 for the next 1 month.....and if thgs dont turn up well......thn my loss is your gain...please put down your name to Q for it.....

and i also learnt somethg from my coach....some club manafacturers have diff target audience...i dono....the mass retail market kinda of stuff...so pls dont flame me if ur talking about those tour issue.... so i guess my next target driver will be the one which has some special alignment aid (*looks at chipmunk) and hopefully i can be on my way to drive 220M....

thanks for reading my rant....

Last edited by kian on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:01 pm

i understand your problems, kian......we should set up a separate league for those 200m and below.....cannot fight with the long hitters liao......requirements are:
1. cannot carry more than 190m
2. cannot roll more than 210m
3. cannot simply sky ball and throw driver
4. minimum buy-in is 50-50-100
5. all play even.......
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:06 pm

actually my drives now...got backspin...i go to my ball...and see my ball 2m behind the pitchmark.......
pictures are comin in soon guys for u to compare g15 and g20
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:07 pm

Kian u wanna try my G15 with Kai'li?

or u wanna swap my kai'li on the g20 to try first?
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Oooh... G20. Let me know if this goes up for sale Smile
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Its your swing, you swing too steep and with out to in swing path, like me...i am trying hard to change it. got one period i manage to change it for 3-4games, but all my old habits back again, and now i totally lost the sensation of how to swing my driver correctly.

Going to see my coach brett again, last week saw him to fix iron swing...wah instant fix after 1 lesson, now back to compressing and hitting it well on the range mats, need to see if the same is true on course. As range mats hide duff shots really well, i feel like i am compressing the ball, but will really need to hit it on grass to tell.

hopefully after lesson on wednesday can have some sort of semblance to a decent driver swing.

Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:30 pm

btw i got my custom G20 direct from Ping USA with an upcharge for the aftermarket GD Tour AD DJ

my GD Tour AD DJ6S shaft
my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) 56104492

my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) 58000015

Comparing the head

my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) 29362869

you can see that the G20 head looks more muscular and bulkier thn the g15

my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) 33908135

The clubs at address....u can see that the g15 has a closed face while the g20 has a more neutral face

Another perspective

my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) P7ai

Comparing the Face

my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) 35553252

somehow i feel the G20 has a slightly shallower face thn the g15 to make it more forgiving perhaps.....

kinda disappointing for me cuz i would prefer a deeper face

another perspective....

my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) 40292944

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:43 pm

Did you guys realise.... firstly... a saat saat car at the background and its landed.... 2ndly, the flooring.. top notch ceramic which cost more than the marble in his shifu's house... and lastly... what happens when you have extra chengai wood.... you make a cupboard out of it...

And which KKB put a G15 on top of a G20 headcover and vice versa and take picture???? My fav Kaki Kian loh........ Smile

Anyway, i think you can go for a stiffer shaft for the G20 cos its more shallow so you shouldnt have problem launching it...... You should practise more with the G20... tee up your ball like 1/4 (max) above the driver clubface..... you are stand to level to your tee shot like your irons so half the time, you are hitting down on the ball.... Give the driver a few more tries and best not to bring it to the course until you get what you need.... like what i told you earlier... I would want the shaft if you were ever to let it go......

@Asahi.... you have out to in swing???? with your back swing so flat?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:00 pm

kian wrote:
actually my drives now...got backspin...i go to my ball...and see my ball 2m behind the pitchmark.......
pictures are comin in soon guys for u to compare g15 and g20

Kian I have the same tendency as you. Usually drive 180-190m. When the wind behind me, maybe then get a 200m drive. However, with the "K" shaft. 60R I have at least have better dispersion. I have given up on trying to get a longer drive by hitting harder which everytime only resulted in a slice or fade. Now happy just hitting a straight 180-190m drive. I don't have your short game prowess so I resigned myself to a constant 90s game. Hi low depends on mood of the day. And when the stars and planets aligned in a straight line, I will dipped below the 90 mark. At the moment, I would count myself lucky if I can have a game once every month or 2 due to some outstanding personal issue. Waiting for this to resolved so that I can have more regular weekly golf. Guess its the Indian and not arrow. Have been blaming the arrow on the pretext so could try new equipment but as age crept up, I get wiser ha ha. Even the Indian Shaman have given up on me.

titu
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:39 pm

@duffy my fav golf kaki: lol u so sharp! reminds me last time ZX took some pictures to sell sumthg u also commented he secret putting training at home with the fans, water, etc..lol....i missed out the driver cover thingy lol.....

@eiji: i also ordered in a 910 on kaili heehee...let me try a few more rounds and see how ba....this sunday i can let u try my new toys too...i tink you will like the tour ad dj

@titu: las few games have been better for me...coach tendy corrected me and i have been hitting baby draws...so the ball finally can roll liao haha

@gf: bro....this is a big set up aka buaya trap ley.....!!!! i can onli foresee your special fund growing bigger and bigger!
Back to top Go down
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chinchiachun

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:40 pm

duffader wrote:
Did you guys realise.... firstly... a saat saat car at the background and its landed.... 2ndly, the flooring.. top notch ceramic which cost more than the marble in his shifu's house... and lastly... what happens when you have extra chengai wood.... you make a cupboard out of it...

And which KKB put a G15 on top of a G20 headcover and vice versa and take picture???? My fav Kaki Kian loh........ Smile

Anyway, i think you can go for a stiffer shaft for the G20 cos its more shallow so you shouldnt have problem launching it...... You should practise more with the G20... tee up your ball like 1/4 (max) above the driver clubface..... you are stand to level to your tee shot like your irons so half the time, you are hitting down on the ball.... Give the driver a few more tries and best not to bring it to the course until you get what you need.... like what i told you earlier... I would want the shaft if you were ever to let it go......

@Asahi.... you have out to in swing???? with your back swing so flat?
1 KKB calling another KKB, no wonder you 2 KKB are each other fav kaki.......firstly his flooring is not ceramic lah, its granite....... 2ndly, the one who say he swing out to in is eiji lah, not Asahi....... and lastly what kind of birds of same feather flock together? KKB lor! albino lol! White Flag Peace
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:47 pm

its not granite la....its marble...zzzzzzzzzzzzz
the focus is on the g20 ley.....
Back to top Go down
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chinchiachun

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:50 pm

kian wrote:
its not granite la....its marble...zzzzzzzzzzzzz
the focus is on the g20 ley.....
Where is our bubble tea? Hahahhaha.
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:52 pm

I seen thru bro kian's ploy to lure me to bet big with him this sunday
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:57 pm

zhenxua wrote:

affraid like this also can????

Back to top Go down
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chinchiachun

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:04 am

zhenxua wrote:
ZX, actually kian never learn any golf skills from his shifu, otherwise he got no problem hitting the DJ6 liao, what he did learn was mindF skills before any games to lure bets.

Separately i was looking at something more interesting unlike Duffy, i notice kian got very nice hands and slender legs in that sexy orange FBT shorts, no wonder he always wear pants in golf to cover those legs in case Bob see liao steam steam then RAM him. Hahahahha.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:04 am

kian, thanks for the offer, but i have to pass, i might leave a sky mark, been swinging very steep lately.

when my driver swing is better, than i try.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:40 am

Waulau! Out of nowhere i also kena drag in...kian ithink shaft hvn't run in lah..so you are swinging out in. The d5 swing wt make you think it is soft..let me run in for you at svc and you will luv the club. It look like g10 but longer face. Also it ia a new club and you probably too eager to see where your ball goes and not turning enough causes all those slices and pull shots..play as if it is g15 and whip it and i think you will not be driving 200 or 210 but at least 230...believe me...n most importantly yourself.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:10 am

Nbzz.....out of nowhere, I also kena dragged in but rightfully so coz my driving distance is the same as kian also......no GF, we are not playing yr bets and level with you. Down, boy!
Twisted Evil

Think Duffy not yet recovered from his panda orh bak kak yet lah.......forgive him.

And 25 kid, how many times have I told you not to follow Kumar style and make open declaration like that?!!?

Now, everyone will know you were looking at shoomaker's thighs everytime you all golf.

lol!

p.s. Kian, I take head, Duffy take shaft. Swee?
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 4:26 am

I've realise one thing, with how big driver heads are getting, the old notion of teeing 1/2 the ball above the crown no longer applys.

I tee my ball no more than 1/4 above the crown and I am using a Cobra ZL which i already feel that the head is too big alas have no money to buy new driver. I have a friend who tees the ball level with the crown of his K15.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:12 am

Kian, very cheeky subject title you used, Lol! Well done on the honest review and even more awesome pics
I must say the g20 is one of the most handsome looking driver ping has made in years! More muscular as you said, and almost space age looking. Can't say the same for the headcover though
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:25 am

Early morning , open this thread and saw Winston's Avatar, then his signature especially the first one, now i am confused, dunno to comment driver head or fairway heads..Kian you bought G20 Fairway....

Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:17 am

Thank you for all the encouragement Smile
I will come back with more FR after I gAme it this week ...
It was hard to judge at the range due to the lights as I couldn't see where the ball go/land properly...so the best is to test on the ground Smile

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:27 am

Before that happens, let me know when you going range hor. I join you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:48 am

kian wrote:
Thank you for all the encouragement Smile
I will come back with more FR after I gAme it this week ...
It was hard to judge at the range due to the lights as I couldn't see where the ball go/land properly...so the best is to test on the ground Smile

Kian, I think you just need to work on your ball flight..... when you drive a slight draw, you are long!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)   my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my humble journey to drive 200m....with G20(warning: picture intensive)
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next