Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer?

Go down 
+4
Lee36328
asahi
eiji
CPT.WONG
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CPT.WONG
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer? Empty
PostSubject: left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer?   left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:41 pm

Hi there,

It's very hard to be consistent when my wrist feels strain after hitting only 100 balls. Is this normal? Do you guys suffer the same symptom?

Thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer?   left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:45 pm

you might not be hitting them the correct way, see a coach to fix your swing, if not, in the long run you might be causing more hurt and harm to your wrists.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer?   left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:51 pm

Nope. Could be smtg with yr swing that you need to get sorted out.

Rest and take care
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer?   left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:58 pm

CPT.WONG wrote:
Hi there,

It's very hard to be consistent when my wrist feels strain after hitting only 100 balls. Is this normal? Do you guys suffer the same symptom?

Thanks for the advice.

Hi Cpt Wong.

No, it is absolutely not normal, although it is very common esp among beginners.

I hit a few hundred balls every day.

My left wrist does not hurt AT ALL.

Beginners typically flip their left wrist at impact, because the body is subconsciously trying to find more speed. This happens when you pivot (turn) incorrectly, and are unable to generate enough speed, which leads to the inevitable flip, ending up as a chicken wing of the left arm in the follow through.

See a coach as eiji said, and learn the correct set up, alignment, and the correct move through impact.

And you might want to do so as soon as possible, before your flip becomes a permanent move. Every 100 balls makes your flip more permanent and harder to remove later.
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer?   left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Or the opposite of flicking would be that u could just be hitting down too much on the mat and your wrist is absorbing the vibrations from the impact.. from the shaft up to ur wrist. be careful.. or it may get worse and u end up getting golf elbow.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer?   left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:50 pm

not sure if this will help...but since the wrist start to strain after 100 balls...maybe you can stop at 100 balls or less.

this is also good as it condition one to play less than score of 100
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer?   left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:03 pm

or try to take more breaks in-between and massage ur wrist. Smile
Back to top Go down
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer?   left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi I personaly feel that the range mat maybe a bit too thin or veyr old mat ,
if is too old or thin . hard on the surface of the range matt will hurt

try so other range ,nsrcc have a few new matt bay .

cheersssss
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer?   left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:16 pm

CPT.WONG wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks for the advice.
My wrist doesn't hurt but my torso feels kinda tired, probably I don't do much stretching.

As for my hands, its more callused~
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer?   left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Newtogolf wrote:
CPT.WONG wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks for the advice.
My wrist doesn't hurt but my torso feels kinda tired, probably I don't do much stretching.

Always helps me to stretch thoroughly before, and especially important, after.

I can feel my muscles in the calves and back of my thighs feeling very tight after a session, and stretching helps to loosen them up, and I can feel the circulation improve after that, which helps to clear the lactic acid, and I recover faster.
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer?   left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:31 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
Newtogolf wrote:
CPT.WONG wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks for the advice.

Always helps me to stretch thoroughly before, and especially important, after.

I can feel my muscles in the calves and back of my thighs feeling very tight after a session, and stretching helps to loosen them up, and I can feel the circulation improve after that, which helps to clear the lactic acid, and I recover faster.
Noted and thanks. Guess I'll do more warming up thereon for future games.

My mates don't seem to do warm ups though, but I kinda suspect they hit the gym after they wake up to warm up first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer?   left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

left wrist strained aft 100 balls. do you suffer?
Page 1 of 1