Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My embarassing moment in golf

Go down 
+4
dmateo
r510tp
haragolfer
Duval_S
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

My embarassing moment in golf Empty
PostSubject: My embarassing moment in golf   My embarassing moment in golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:56 pm

sometimes I hold my finish too long

and.....

still cannot ON...for Par3
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: My embarassing moment in golf   My embarassing moment in golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:07 pm

Wah lau, good one. got me for the first part la. Give me Premature

expectations.

kekekekek
Back to top Go down
r510tp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My embarassing moment in golf   My embarassing moment in golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 11:06 pm

Just a few months after I started playing golf, I topped the ball teeing off from a temporary white tee box.

The red tee box was slightly raised. My ball hit the step behind the red tee box, bounced back over my head and landed at the blue tee box behind me!

To make things worse, there was a flight waiting right beside the blue tee box..... They tried so damn very hard not to laugh..... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My embarassing moment in golf   My embarassing moment in golf I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 11:19 pm

well at least it was a good laugh and one of those unforgettable moment in golf.. Smile
Consider yourself as a job welldone on coming up with new ways to achieve Phil's backward shot.
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My embarassing moment in golf   My embarassing moment in golf I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:28 am

I'm not too sure if it would qualify as 'Embarrassing' but it was my first time on the 18-hole and I stood at my first white Tee, looking dead ahead and telling myself, "Ok man, THIS IS IT. This is what you'd smacked your ass out on the driving range for the past 1 year for. Give that ball a good wallop and land it on the Green in a single drive."

I tee-ed up the ball, a proud, white, shining new TaylorMade Burner TP Ball, raised my proud silver VR Driver and told myself, "One shot to the Green. Its now or never" (BTW, its a 360 yard drive to the hole).

Set up, turned my upper torso back and swung like I've never swung before with a WOOSH............ Swing

I'd smite the air instead. ROFL ROFL ROFL

So I acted like it was a practice swing instead. Of course there's no bullshitting to my boss (who's also my mentor) who knew I'd hit a fluke. He just kept quiet.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: My embarassing moment in golf   My embarassing moment in golf I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:54 am

For me, I tee'd off on the 11th hole at Warren. It's the short Par 3. Played off blue. Tried to be a hero. Topped the ball. The ball ran forward, hit the skirting of the buggy track squarely and ran back exactly to where I tee'd off from. I promptly stepped on the ball to stop it. If I didn't, it would have been the first hole where I would have played a negative distance upon tee-off.

Needless to say, I bought a jug. Had to drown my sorrows and embarrassment in something!!

Sigh... Sad
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: My embarassing moment in golf   My embarassing moment in golf I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:55 pm

Hole 5, Glenmarie, Valley Course.

Blue 469m
White 440m
Red 411m
Index 13
Par 5

My embarassing moment in golf Hole05-DSC_0121copy

Teed off from the blue tee with 3 wood, and landed right at the left corner, the green another 210m to go to the tempting island green, just tantalisingly within reach in this short par 5 if you get a good lie.

Ball sitting up nicely, a chance to get it on in 2 and be a hero going for eagle, or lay up to the landing area on the right like a chicken.

Right, time for a hero shot I thought as I pulled out my 3 wood. The caddies were watching intently, preparing to clap, because I had done this before.

Using every ounce of my concentration, took some deep breaths, and whacked every single molecule out of the ProV1. The ball flew in a nice 200m trajectory in the air. Unfortunately, it was not a straight line 200m, but a very curved one. I have never seen a ball curve like that, almost like a boomerang, it went up, toward the island green, changed its mind, and started turning back and going right.

It landed smack in the middle of the lay up area, having advanced no more than 100m forward in total.

"Have you ever seen someone layup on this hole with a 3-wood?" I asked my caddie.

She did not answer, she was convulsing and could not speak. I handed her a towel to wipe the tears from her eyes.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: My embarassing moment in golf   My embarassing moment in golf I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:09 pm

It all happened like it was yesterday... In fact it was just last week!!!
Had a game with Eiji, Slinger & PinkPanter at NSRCC (Changi)

So it was the last hole... Cheekily PinkPanter said... okay longest drive hole...
Which all of us knew who the winner was anyways!!!

So we thought for awhile... and said closest to the buggy track as well!!!

So i tee'd up and did my best impression of Bubba Watson and completely chunked my shot!

It was such a dreadful shot that i did win the closest to buggy track but also for the shortest drive as my ball merely trickled across the blue tee box and on to the rough before the white tee box...

All in all... we LOL'ed and had a great time!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My embarassing moment in golf   My embarassing moment in golf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My embarassing moment in golf
Page 1 of 1