Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?

Go down 
+26
enwee
wizardofoz
garylin
beehome
Slicer51
Begbie
Derek
S70B
Duval_S
Schulo
bkll
hkhamateur
pushslice
meia07656
blee67
asahi
zhenxua
duffader
TLHENG
chien
AC
LousyGolfer
mloy
TDO
mUAr_cHEe
buweeza
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? Empty
PostSubject: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:49 am

I have two incidents in mind:

Incident 1: 2-on a Par 5 (allamanda, Palm Resort), 4-Putted for Bogey.

Incident 2: Golf bag was not secured properly. Drove off, it dropped, new driver snapped. 1st Tee.

Result/consequence:

For incident 1: I raged so hard on the next tee-box that I snapped my driver (after a bad tee-shot) against the floor.

For incident 2: I was so angry I ran almost 200m uphill just to lose steam... only stopped after a few minutes of feeling stupid (brother was trailing me with buggy and I felt funny afterawhile)

You guys? Any incidents to share?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:53 am

and i thought i had issues....
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:08 am

Mine was at Poresia. 3 balls straight into water after nice laid up hoping to hit 3rd shot to Par 5 green. Can't remember whether it's Sakura or Orchid but have to cross 2 canals. Instead 1st ball went for drink. Played 2nd ball, it went for a dip, 3rd ball went for a swim. End result, from a potential 5 to 9 strokes. Mad I was cursing myself for the continued duff shots and it stay with me for 2 holes. I let it go after that and regroup.
Back to top Go down
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:09 am

You do have issues MC Smile
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:11 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
and i thought i had issues....

@muarchee - Compared to Buweeza's frustrated action yours is mild. At least you let go club.. still can pick it up and continue play. Razz

@buweeza - how long ago was this?

As for me I have lots of frustrating moments to even mention. Hahahha.. but I try not to get too frustrated though its easier said than done. When I make mistakes, which is alot (*&%#$!). I just say to myself...stupid stupid stupid. One thing for sure, when we are angry our game will get worse.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:13 am

I had one lah... technospaz was witness to it...

Sat Game at MBGC Morning... usual bets with GMan and Siaw8... had a bad run so far..

was at hole 11... duffed my tee shot, then went up to my ball... I had to play about 190 some to the pin.. perfect distance for my trusty hybrid... took out the hybrid... duffed it again!!!! Even the club i was most reliant on...

I proceeded to scream, vent my anger whilst taking the club in hand and keep wacking the same spot on the group... I had to use the whole sand canister to patch up that hole...

these was years ago.... surprised that technospaz still does not mind playing with me...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:14 am

mloy wrote:
@muarchee - Compared to Buweeza's frustrated action yours is mild. At least you let go club.. still can pick it up and continue play. Razz

I had my moments... but i have not reach the point of breaking clubs... although i have seen many broken clubs playing with Gman all these while...
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:21 am

my most fustrating moment was when i realised all my flightmates were snoring away while waiting for me to finally reach the green... sigh.
Back to top Go down
AC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
AC

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:22 am

Happen more in the past whereby my irons keep duffing and I do not know what is wrong and how to adjust and correct (Imgaine at least 12 holes of duffing and pointless chipping)

Went to Perth once and I had 2 games like dat.... really whacked my holiday.

Those were frustrating times man....

Now-a-days, frustration more from 3 putts
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:22 am

Most frustrating is when I played well and still lost $3k on one game due to some strokes of luck of other players... Stretcher HELP
Back to top Go down
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:24 am

After you break a club and have to go through all the trouble of getting it replaced etc. You usually think twice/thrice about breaking your club again.

If you do smash your club a second time.. it is best you seek out a therapist. Serious.

As for mua chee creating a "hole" on the course.. this is quite a comment vent.

I had a near fringe chip shot. I declared "I'm gonna put this in Da Hole". Proceeded to shank it and it went into the fringe side bunker. As usual, my golf kahkees are A*****s. One commented "Good Shot! Near green" and another commented "NEAR PIN !"

Well.. that released the Buweeza! I was like "Yeah Man ! Near PIN". Went into the bunker... smashed the sand non-stop with my SW. Proceeded to dig a hole with my bare hands.. went to green... pulled out the flag and planted it in the "man made" hole in the bunker. Turned to my kahkees and said "so.. is it given?"

Of course I patched it up after that la...
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:27 am

After traveling almost 2 hours including Jam at causeway to Pulai Spring, Tee off at first hole,
then thunderstorm and course close for the day! No chance to ht even 2nd shot.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:30 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:

Sat Game at MBGC Morning... usual bets with GMan and Siaw8... had a bad run so far..

was at hole 11... duffed my tee shot, then went up to my ball... I had to play about 190 some to the pin.. perfect distance for my trusty hybrid... took out the hybrid... duffed it again!!!! Even the club i was most reliant on...

I proceeded to scream, vent my anger whilst taking the club in hand and keep wacking the same spot on the group... I had to use the whole sand canister to patch up that hole...

these was years ago.... surprised that technospaz still does not mind playing with me...

I would never mind if you play like that when you play with me.... I will be laughing to the bank...."KA CHING!!!!"
Back to top Go down
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:31 am

Thereafter, you proceeded back to the counter and they said "oh .. since you tee off already no raincheck" ? Ultimate.

TLHENG wrote:
After traveling almost 2 hours including Jam at causeway to Pulai Spring, Tee off at first hole,
then thunderstorm and course close for the day! No chance to ht even 2nd shot.
Back to top Go down
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:34 am

You should be declaring "air shot" , "duff", "air shot", "duff" for everytime muar chee smashes the ground next to his ball. Then after that ask him innocently "eh bro.. not sure was it +13 or +14 strokes back there?" then proceed to recount again.... mimicking his action in slow mo...

duffader wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

I would never mind if you play like that when you play with me.... I will be laughing to the bank...."KA CHING!!!!"
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:34 am

my most frustrating moment happened to me in one game ... i took out 9-iron, hit it 150m without delofting or adding lag, walked back to my buggy smugly, then realised ... nbz, it's my 6-iron ...
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TLHENG

Thereafter, you proceeded back to the counter and they said "oh .. since you tee off already no raincheck" ? Ultimate.

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:39 am

Seeing inadequate drivers of ball tee off from blue tee when they can barely carry 150m.
And I am right behind them! !$#@%@&
Back to top Go down
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:42 am

Huh?! That's your most frustrating moment? You have had a blessed golf career.

If give me, I will actually make full use of that moment. I will turn to my kah kees and Mindf*** them. "My 9-iron can hit 150m... can you?" quickly hide your club after that..

zhenxua wrote:
my most frustrating moment happened to me in one game ... i took out 9-iron, hit it 150m without delofting or adding lag, walked back to my buggy smugly, then realised ... nbz, it's my 6-iron ...
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:43 am

asahi wrote:
Seeing inadequate drivers of ball tee off from blue tee when they can barely carry 150m.

Don't worry Asahi, Next I let you tee off first.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:10 am

blee wrote:
asahi wrote:

Don't worry Asahi, Next I let you tee off first.. Very Happy
Being out driven by Blee.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:10 am

asahi wrote:

cheers cheers

Cant agree more too!

Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 am

buweeza wrote:
After you break a club and have to go through all the trouble of getting it replaced etc. You usually think twice/thrice about breaking your club again.

If you do smash your club a second time.. it is best you seek out a therapist. Serious.

As for mua chee creating a "hole" on the course.. this is quite a comment vent.

I had a near fringe chip shot. I declared "I'm gonna put this in Da Hole". Proceeded to shank it and it went into the fringe side bunker. As usual, my golf kahkees are A*****s. One commented "Good Shot! Near green" and another commented "NEAR PIN !"

Well.. that released the Buweeza! I was like "Yeah Man ! Near PIN". Went into the bunker... smashed the sand non-stop with my SW. Proceeded to dig a hole with my bare hands.. went to green... pulled out the flag and planted it in the "man made" hole in the bunker. Turned to my kahkees and said "so.. is it given?"

Of course I patched it up after that la...

Note to self... if I am ever going to golf with buweeza, remember to shut my mouth and wear armor protection

Seriously bro... I think you might need some help. We have to just accept that we have lousy shots (or like me, just plain lousy) and move on. We must remember that outburst like this could spoil the game of all your flightmates and it is quite unfair for their game to be ruin for your mistakes (unless if you all are betting big big and you did this intentionally to mindFxxk them)
Back to top Go down
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:25 am

Nowadays I don't outburst liao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:28 am

Good to hear that... if we ever have the chance for a game, me no need to buy armor liao...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next