Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?

Go down 
+26
enwee
wizardofoz
garylin
beehome
Slicer51
Begbie
Derek
S70B
Duval_S
Schulo
bkll
hkhamateur
pushslice
meia07656
blee67
asahi
zhenxua
duffader
TLHENG
chien
AC
LousyGolfer
mloy
TDO
mUAr_cHEe
buweeza
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:31 am

chien wrote:
asahi wrote:
Seeing inadequate drivers of ball tee off from blue tee when they can barely carry 150m.
And I am right behind them! !$#@%@&

cheers cheers

Cant agree more too!

Sorry guys... next time, I play off the red tees.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:38 am

so far, it's missing those 3-4 footers when I need to sink it to half the hole. Let me down, let my partner down. Sigh. Sad

then I'd do a pose like B Langer on my avatar. I don't do outbursts...just a sinking feeling of "i dunno what to do"
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:39 am

LousyGolfer wrote:
chien wrote:
asahi wrote:
Seeing inadequate drivers of ball tee off from blue tee when they can barely carry 150m.

cheers cheers

Cant agree more too!

Common... After your 270m drive that left all of us struggling behind?? Oh maybe not chippy, but me... I had to take out 3W for 2nd shot and you what? 9i ???

HELP HELP

Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:40 am

LousyGolfer wrote:
chien wrote:
asahi wrote:

cheers cheers

Cant agree more too!

I agreed. Bt alvin blue tee still. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bkll
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bkll

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:43 am

Common scenario at my club:

Just hit your second tee shot, siren comes on. Look at the sky and weather seems fine.

Sit around wait for 2 hours. Drink kopi, and watch neighbouring OCC golfers continue whacking golf balls.

2 hours later, NEA warning system goes off, but Strike Guard system comes on, course close extended. Look up, weather is indeed bad now, but could have been playing the past 2 hours. Finally, go home after spending 6 hours completing 1.5 holes.

I am sure members of Seletar CC can relate to the above where the club decided to use 2 independent systems. Human common sense is removed from the equation. As a result, we are all still alive, but hardly get any golf.

To quote a famous poet: 'For God's sake, let us be men not monkeys minding machines"
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:43 am

meia07656 wrote:
blee wrote:
asahi wrote:

Don't worry Asahi, Next I let you tee off first.. Very Happy
Being out driven by Blee.

Nope, so that he cannot see that my drives are short.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:50 am

chien wrote:

Common... After your 270m drive that left all of us struggling behind?? Oh maybe not chippy, but me... I had to take out 3W for 2nd shot and you what? 9i ???

HELP HELP

But then hor, your 3W goes near pin for birdie chance, my 9i goes for a swim (actually several swims) Smile

Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:51 am

hkhamateur wrote:
LousyGolfer wrote:

I agreed. Bt alvin blue tee still. Very Happy

Onz... next time, we partner together vs. Chippy and chien. We play off reds, they play blues. They give us 3-3 or more.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:52 am

LousyGolfer wrote:
chien wrote:

HELP HELP

But then hor, your 3W goes near pin for birdie chance, my 9i goes for a swim (actually several swims) Smile

Sala person bro.. U mean Chippy...? Mine still not on yet... lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
Schulo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Schulo

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Final hole, short par 3, max 120 meter, need to make double bogey for new personal record...
End up making triple bogey!!!!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:04 pm

My frustrating moment happen frequently..... I par, opponent birdie
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Career is something you do as an occupation or profession, dun think it applies to 95% of the general public.

@MC, I tot you broke some tee marker at keppel the last game u had with Asahi and Kian?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Duval_S wrote:

but u par, i bogey...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:09 pm

S70B wrote:
@MC, I tot you broke some tee marker at keppel the last game u had with Asahi and Kian?

That wasn't tantrum throwing.

I did not break it, it wasn't secured properly in the first place and I just knocked it out of place...
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:13 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
S70B wrote:

That wasn't tantrum throwing.

I did not break it, it wasn't secured properly in the first place and I just knocked it out of place...

Yah... when he is dulan, he always starts his war cry and "talking to himself". Which I always enjoy seeing......
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:18 pm

be fair lah... sometimes i talk to the ball... what do u think i am? insane?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:19 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
be fair lah... sometimes i talk to the ball... what do u think i am? insane?

Erhhhhhhh......... Yes Razz
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:59 pm

Quote :
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

but u par, i bogey...

hmmmm....we should play more often
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:01 pm

did we even play together before?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Quote :
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
did we even play together before?

we played twice la....its was memorable

#1 at Eden's farewell....I see you hit boomerang shot at MBGC.....driver hit ball...the ball make u turn at 52m mark.....awesome shot making!!!

#2 at GR charity event at NSRCC........par 3 hole....you use MP68 to hit on the tee box.....after....err.....

such memories...how to forget

I cant wait for the 3rd time we play..
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:29 pm

no wonder i dont remember... all bad memories...

its doesn't matter what shot i made before... the next shot is all that matters...
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 5:57 pm

I remember the first year I started golfing, trained 5-7 times a week, at least 4 hours each time, longer on weekends (maybe 8 hours), worked on short game, worked on putting, went to Turf City to hit off grass, went to exec course NSRCC to work on irons, went to Tanglin to work on pitching, saw my coach regularly.

Each sat morning as I got ready for my regular game, was pumped up, thinking to myself, "I've put in the hours, I've trained so hard, I DESERVE a good score and a good game!"

However, reality seldom meets up to expectation. More often than not, something would happen during the game to make me snap. Either a drive pulled or snap hook OB, or push-sliced straight white, or a bad duff, or a series of duffs, or repeatedly missing short putts. I would literally see red and vent in some way. Resulted in 4 broken shafts and kaki's who did not really want to play with me anymore.

Perhaps I stubbornly believed that I was special, that although everyone says that Golf is difficult, I could be that special breed of player that can become a scratch golfer after 1 year even though taking up the game at the age of 35. As long as I worked hard enough, it could be achieved. On hindsight, my expectations were probably my biggest enemy.

Over time, I have convinced myself (perhaps it is a coping mechanism) that improvements in the golf can't really be forced, and that while we should still train hard and aspire to improve, we should not be too hard on ourselves when things don't seem to be getting better as quickly as we want. Golf is a journey, for some it will be smoother, for others, longer and more winding, but we should try to enjoy the journey as well, not just focus on the outcome.

Back to top Go down
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:46 pm

There are many reasons why we play golf. There are some similarities between Derek's approach and mine. When I embark on something, I go fanatical. Self expectations are naturally sky high. Job is stressful and when you wait 6 days for that 1 game of golf, I find myself easily frustrated when things don't go my way.

Recently I've been mellowing down on my course tantrums. Some humor during the game is a big help. Understanding flight mates is another. It is hard for characters like us and a constant struggle to cultivate our emotions/temper. In that sense, golf trains people like us to accept failures and setbacks, gentlemanly.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:10 pm

No offense guys, but I will never play with somebody who curses and swears and black face and blames the whole world during the game... I do business meetings on course sometimes, and I attest that your clients and bosses judge you on the course more than you imagine.. Similarly for me, I judge them on the course as well..

Thats why I always carry around a few cans of Heineken during my game !!!

cheers Beer Beer

Cobra Smiley
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:44 pm

To spend 4.5 hours of my time and spend my money with someone that I have to watch what I say coz he is having bad game causing them to blow like a buffoon regardless whatever reason is. Nor would I play with someone who tells me abt how bad I'm swinging or pass sarcastic remarks unnecessarily...

Your life so short, still wanna waste 5 hours on the course.... Rather spend it scratching my b#$%s ....

There are many nicer ppl out there... That's worth ur time and mine... peace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?   What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the most frustrating moment you had in your golf career?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next