Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

golf dilemma on irons

Go down 
+5
james
nutty88
eiji
Technospaz
Duval_S
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

golf dilemma on irons Empty
PostSubject: golf dilemma on irons   golf dilemma on irons I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:09 pm

After playing with a 'players iron' for my past 6 games, I recently switched to my old faithful...a Game improvement set of irons.....

Wah piang..... surprised....quite easy to whack the ball with irons...

now I am in dilemma...

will try the GI set of irons for my next game end Sept as litmus test...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: golf dilemma on irons   golf dilemma on irons I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Duval, I think you're good enough a golfer to play either. But personally, I think you should move into the players irons. It's time to move to the big league Smile
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: golf dilemma on irons   golf dilemma on irons I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 2:00 pm

whatever gives u better confidence and a lower score.

4Dtoto played better using his old set of irons....with very good RAM-ming effect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: golf dilemma on irons   golf dilemma on irons I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Is it an image thingy that one chooses to go for player clubs as opposed to game improvement clubs? Personally I think it is because a lot of golfers tend to feel more "pro" or advance when using player clubs. Question is whether one has the consistencies and the abilities to shape the shots on demand to justify the use of player clubs.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf dilemma on irons   golf dilemma on irons I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 3:56 pm

Quote :
nutty88 wrote:
Is it an image thingy that one chooses to go for player clubs as opposed to game improvement clubs? Personally I think it is because a lot of golfers tend to feel more "pro" or advance when using player clubs. Question is whether one has the consistencies and the abilities to shape the shots on demand to justify the use of player clubs.

thanks bro....I agree....I cant shape the ball .....usually the shaping of the ball is by accident...

but I really hope and like to play with my 52s one day. In the meantime, will stick to GI clubs...
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: golf dilemma on irons   golf dilemma on irons I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Bro Duval,

There is really nothing wrong with GI clubs. A lot of the GI clubs today do enable golfers to shape the shots. In my mind, I would rather use a GI clubs to beat the crab out of a fellow competitor who uses player clubs. More often than not, I see golfers going for player clubs when they don't have a solid ball striking ability. There is also another group of golfers who go for everything X Flex when they don't have the swing speed. Very Happy:D:D

Back to top Go down
james
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
james

PostSubject: Re: golf dilemma on irons   golf dilemma on irons I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 4:22 pm

nutty88 wrote:
Bro Duval,

There is really nothing wrong with GI clubs. A lot of the GI clubs today do enable golfers to shape the shots. In my mind, I would rather use a GI clubs to beat the crab out of a fellow competitor who uses player clubs. More often than not, I see golfers going for player clubs when they don't have a solid ball striking ability. There is also another group of golfers who go for everything X Flex when they don't have the swing speed. Very Happy:D:D

I couldn't agree more. Was using nspro shaft which I played ok with it and changed to DG s200. Thought I can handle it but I was so wrong. Took the poison pill and sold my clubs and got another nspro clubs. Back side itchy is costly!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: golf dilemma on irons   golf dilemma on irons I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 4:25 pm

I just used a players irons last Saturday after a long lay off. the club has thin, narrow sole, sharp leading edge, little offset...WAH LAU....I couldnt hit a single good shot.

Going back to my friendly Pings this week and hope they can forgive my funky current swing just enough so I can enjoy the game.

it's no fun to cangkul the course for 18 holes...even on a tee!!!!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf dilemma on irons   golf dilemma on irons I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 5:10 pm

Quote :
nutty88 wrote:
Bro Duval,

Thanks bro...the only problem with your advice is ME.

you see...the kaki who I play with who uses Player irons.......KNS...they really good...

if you know of any kaki who like you mentioned, don hesitate to recommend me and our fellow Bros/sista here.....hahahaha
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: golf dilemma on irons   golf dilemma on irons I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Duval_S wrote:

Thanks bro...the only problem with your advice is ME.

you see...the kaki who I play with who uses Player irons.......KNS...they really good...

if you know of any kaki who like you mentioned, don hesitate to recommend me and our fellow Bros/sista here.....hahahaha

I see.... So what is probability of you winning them when you use GI clubs vs. player clubs? If you use GI clubs and still can't win them, ASK FOR MORE STROKES!!!
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: golf dilemma on irons   golf dilemma on irons I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 5:19 pm

I have been using Mizuno MP-32 for many years, have been trying to change to a more forgiving iron like MX-19, Cally X16 and Titleist 775CB but end of the day I still go back to the MP-32. It's not because I am a better player but it's the getting use of it at address.
How I wish to find a much forgiving club that look the same at address.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: golf dilemma on irons   golf dilemma on irons I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 6:32 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
I have been using Mizuno MP-32 for many years, have been trying to change to a more forgiving iron like MX-19, Cally X16 and Titleist 775CB but end of the day I still go back to the MP-32. It's not because I am a better player but it's the getting use of it at address.
How I wish to find a much forgiving club that look the same at address.... Rolling Eyes
bro, been thinking of taking the honmas out from storeroom lately. Still the nicest topline at address. Very Happy hmm.. maybefor our game. Hahaha
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: golf dilemma on irons   golf dilemma on irons I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:53 pm

Go for blade irons... they are good for your arms... if its still intact after 18 holes... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: golf dilemma on irons   golf dilemma on irons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

golf dilemma on irons
Page 1 of 1