Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges Empty
PostSubject: Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges   Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:39 am

Am considering signing up for comgateway because I feel that the shipping charges for the reknowned US online golf stores have increased quite a bit recently.

E.g Wanted to buy 3 puma polo tees for 19usd each. But decided not to because shipping charges the the 3 polo tees would cost me around USD45!

A fren of mine who recommended me to use comgateway. He used it for purchased most of his bicycle parts and other triathalon stuff from US. However, he said comgateway uses volumetric weight to charge their customers.

So for volumetric weight charges, i wud gather that if your purchases are bulky, it would cost more regardless the weight.

Sadly, for the game of golf, most of the eqpt purchased is bulky. But how much would the charges be? Has anyone used comgateway or vpost to purchase say.... a few shafts or a driver, and was charged volumetric weight before? How much were you charged?
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges   Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:50 am

Bro, almost all channel will use volumetric weight as an alternative - that is, they usually have in their T&C that they will use either volumetric or actual weight, whichever is higher.
I do not think this is up to comgateway, as this is also always the case with any shipments esp via air - including those of industrial products. So (while I haven't checked one by one personally) I would think vpost etc would also charge the same way.

Btw you wan to do puma maybe u check with methanolic as he also thinking about buying one - maybe if grouping togehter will get less charge?
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges   Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 11:08 am

I'm keen for Puma too bro! Count me in.

My personal experience with comgateway (as I'd used them once a few months back) is that it is a bit long and in the end, I do not save much. I bought 1-2 clubs from tgw.com and then use comgateway to ship it back. took almost 2 weeks and the savings is <10%.

In my opinion, I'd rather pay a little bit more and have my new toys within 3-5 days Smile
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges   Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:32 pm

I use comgateway a lot...my wife and I do a lot of our shopping online and we consolidate our orders at my comgateway address and i ship them back together for savings. Yes it may be slow, but if you are not in any urgent need of the items, the savings do add up.

Tips include your orders into as little seperate shipment as possible. Tell the seller to pack it in the smallest box possible to reduce the shipping cost. Shipping with Comgateway earns you CGW dollars, which can redeem on your next shipment. just a comparison, i ship a full set of irons with Comgateway for about <70 usd, direct from TGW might cost 80-90 usd.

As the above comments, yes it will probably take 2-3weeks if you take the comgateway route, but there are several advantages if you are shipping several items or are shipping things that are US delivery or free-shipping within US only.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges   Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:33 pm

to add on, please do due diligence on making the comparison, its not always cheaper or the savings may not be significant enough to warrant using it.

Last edited by eiji on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges   Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Thanks nick. Cleared most of my questions about comgateway. Just sign an account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges   Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comgateway : How does volumetric wt calc affect shipping charges
Page 1 of 1