Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???

Go down 
+5
Yarra
RngRover
eiji
Ashen
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Ashen

Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of getting a new hybrid to replace my present one and came to know that GD is selling the new Callaway RAZR Hybrid at quite a good price (promotion ending soon I tink)..

With this hybrid getting into the Hot List of the Golf Digest this year, was wondering if anyone have any first hand account on how this hybrid performs?

I'm open to other brands of hybrid too so please kindly advise

Thank you Very Happy

Long story: Current hybrid I'm using is a 23 degrees 4 hybrid. My 5 iron have a loft of 24 degrees and the next club that I have in my bag is a 3 wood (which is at 15 degrees). So thought of getting one which can slot in between at around 20 degree loft)
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:05 pm

The cleveland mashie is also available at GD and its cheaper and the shaft on the hybrid makes it really worth while..authentic miyazaki shaft all for 139.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Ashen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Ashen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:06 pm

Thanks eiji for your recommendation! Will go down GD n have a look. Did some research on the mashie and it definitely seems like a nice hybrid. Found the design to be similar to a baffle too...

Still holding the space for more comments thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:29 pm

cleveland makes good hybrid for sure. I am using the hi-bore xls 2 and 4 hybrid and they are very reliable. At times when my driver dont work, I tee off with my 2i.
Back to top Go down
RngRover
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
RngRover

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:36 pm

I like the Callaway FT-iZ older model larger face. Go down to pan-west at Sembawang Country Club. I think they have mashie, ftiz, razor and diablo.

They are quite willing to let you demo so you can try first and then decide. Cool

Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:07 pm

Callaway is catching up with Adams in the hybrid, that's for sure. Put a properly fitted shaft onto the head and you'd get an instant weapon...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:27 pm

sorry i cannot post picture but the new legacy black irons in the Den is making me drool....

so too were the new legacy black drivers and fw. i am sure the new legacy black hybrids are going to be a hit too.

its embargoed until the official announcements are out.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:32 pm

^
the great poison master
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:48 pm

Asahi told me you are learning fast Nicholas......
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:15 am

The teacher will appear when the student is ready...

apparently Asahi doesn't know my background, i was a poison master in many other forums. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:19 am

because of u eiji.....asahi now has to give strokes to many people liao....his last game was 80 at poresia.......wif the watermelon shaft....
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:50 am

kian wrote:
because of u eiji.....asahi now has to give strokes to many people liao....his last game was 80 at poresia.......wif the watermelon shaft....

he just sms just now for the price of the shaft.
Back to top Go down
Ashen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Ashen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 4:19 pm

Thank you all for your valuable feedbacks! Will be more confident when hunting for my hybrid!

Cheers! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ashen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Ashen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Sorry, anyone have an idea if GD will usually retain their offer price after their sales is over or it will be reverted back to normal?

Tot of taking of the advise of the members here to go try out the hybrids first before making the purchase and I understand that their sales is going to end after tomorrow ...

Thank you for your advise Very Happy

Back to top Go down
morganoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 5:04 pm

High chance the price will remain the same.
Cos I have never seen the a price increase
Back to top Go down
Ashen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Ashen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:53 pm

Thank you eiji and everyone for your valuable advise. Have finally gotten my hybrid and the choice is the Cleveland mashie.

What I like about the mashie is the nice compact head design, great shaft and of course the price as compared to my previous choice.

Only down point about this is the head cover, which to me looks like a "pom pom".

cheers everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
Leo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi guys, i'm thinking of getting the mashie too to replace my old hybrid but i donno what specs to get. My swing speed at club fitting was recorded at 88mph. Can anyone advise me whether i should get the flex S or flex R?
Back to top Go down
Ashen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Ashen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:47 am

Hi Leo,

I would suggest you get the R. Their mashie are US Specs.

For your consideration Smile

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:37 am

depends if 88mph is your driver or hybrid swing speed.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:07 pm

oh ok its my 6iron swing
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:10 pm

88mph for 6iron swing speed, you should be looking at XS, don't think golf direct has much stuff in XS shafts.

Back to top Go down
Leo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:13 pm

icic but XS are really heavy right? i had that on my driver last time and really struggled with it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???   Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone Tried Callaway RAZR Hybrid???
Page 1 of 1