Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to buy Scotty Cameron

Go down 
+23
babolat
Technospaz
enwee
andrew-golf
nyisoe
iceflight
bogeyman72
DGman
asahi
blee67
Duval_S
golfool2009
michael yong
haragolfer
simoner
DimWit Kid
peace2903
ttkm
jersti
dmateo
bb2
freddoho
idrahus
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 10:56 pm

Try vinc golf. They have a good range
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:17 am

nyisoe wrote:
hi all, very sorry to dig out an old post.

Which shop keeps the most number of current models for Scotty putters? 

Is Greenfield still the cheapest place to get Scotty?

Thank you.
Brand new, Vinc golf quite good. But second hand, gr marketplace is the best.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:39 am

nyisoe wrote:
hi all, very sorry to dig out an old post.

Which shop keeps the most number of current models for Scotty putters? 

Is Greenfield still the cheapest place to get Scotty?

Thank you.
I think Golf House has a decent selection too but that depends on the outlets.
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 9:31 am

Actually what makes a Scotty putter so special and costly?
I have practice putt with a few Scotty putters, it feels rather soft and feedback to the hand is good. But why can't other putters match this kind of feel?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 9:41 am

babolat wrote:
Actually what makes a Scotty putter so special and costly?
I have practice putt with a few Scotty putters, it feels rather soft and feedback to the hand is good. But why can't other putters match this kind of feel?
Can. U tried edel, tp mills, gauge design etc....so many milled one out there.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 9:44 am

Plenty of Scotty Cameron are available right here at this forum. Just keep a lookout and you will find many sellers.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 9:45 am

Nope... I haven't try any of those you listed. Only Scotty and the latest odyssey
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 10:37 am

I think its a good deal ... For $420, I've got a putter with
1) the deep milling and heavier head weight that I like
2) perceived better quality workmanship and material
3) nice headcover
4) better resale value
The Odyssey black milled putter is pretty close in terms of 1&2 though …
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 10:47 am

Thou I m currently using a SC putter but I felt that odyssey putter provides a better feedback as compared to SC ones.

You can also find Used SC putters at creative joe or FESC
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 11:30 am

Buying a SC is like buying a Rolex watch. It's value appreciate with time. It's a very desirable putter (in my opinion). But like Rolex, it's out of my budget to own one. I wish I can buy without feeling the pain in my pocket.Sad 
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 11:37 am

TDO wrote:
Buying a SC is like buying a Rolex watch. It's value appreciate with time. It's a very desirable putter (in my opinion). But like Rolex, it's out of my budget to own one. I wish I can buy without feeling the pain in my pocket.Sad 
Actually unless it's those collectors' piece it does not. But the value just does not drop as so fast like most of the major brands out there.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 7:45 pm

TDO wrote:
Not really that ex, I got mine at a huge discount from a fellow GRian bcos the putter is cut down from 35" to 33" which suits me perfectly.
Back to top Go down
babolat
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
babolat

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:01 am

TDO wrote:
Join sg-roc.
There are some good deals from some grey dealers.
Sometimes, you can get very mint condition rolex which is already depreciate from previous owner.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:30 am

Cannot understand golfers, Scotty $400 plus said ex, driver $500 never complained. In comparison of usage, the putter u use more times than a driver hor.
Back to top Go down
cglim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
cglim

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:54 am

Guys, any tips on where to get Scotty headcovers locally? If there's an online store, please advice as well. TIA.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 7:28 am

cglim wrote:
Guys, any tips on where to get Scotty headcovers locally? If there's an online store, please advice as well. TIA.
Get here lor, look for Luke aka Scottycollector
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 8:12 am

cglim wrote:
I also have a used one for sale if you are interested. Check my WTS.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 8:17 am

I'm currently gaming the Golo S and have found it to be a fulfilling putter. Its deep milled face makes it very soft and it's well-weighted. The craftsmanship is pretty good, as can be expected from SC putters. I believe that it's worth the money I paid for.

But, are there other putters which offer the same feel for a lower price? Yes, I believe there are. I used to play Yes! putters and my recent Sandy was a great putter.

That said, I'm sure the SC will retain its price for much longer than the Yes!, although it won't go up in price (not that I was expecting it to).
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 8:31 am

enwee wrote:
Cannot understand golfers, Scotty $400 plus said ex, driver $500 never complained. In comparison of usage, the putter u use more times than a driver hor.
Eh bro, as for me, all my drivers are experienced ones from either Grians here or elsewhere and at below $80 for the past 5 years plus. Even my putter cost me only $40 from, you know who Bro Begbie. And it's still serving me well after about 1.5 years of use. For semi-retiree like me, especially with not enough savings for full retirement, I have to watch my pocket. Not only that, my wife is also helping me watch my pocket. No more new equipment for me from now on. 
Speaking of Begbie, have not seen him post here for a while...
Beer
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 8:50 am

Bro TDO, you remind me of gofnut. Flashy new equipment does not excite him. He plays with an older Callaway set and does so very well. Goes to show that when you have talent, equipment becomes somewhat secondary.

So, to those who aspire to play with SC putters, give them a shot but know that they are not magical equipment. They may OR MAY NOT work. I know many of my golf friends who play with lesser known brands and whip me silly (yay!).

As for bro Begbie, he's doing well.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 10:31 am

Technospaz wrote:
Bro TDO, you remind me of gofnut. Flashy new equipment does not excite him. He plays with an older Callaway set and does so very well. Goes to show that when you have talent, equipment becomes somewhat secondary.

So, to those who aspire to play with SC putters, give them a shot but know that they are not magical equipment. They may OR MAY NOT work. I know many of my golf friends who play with lesser known brands and whip me silly (yay!).

As for bro Begbie, he's doing well.
Ha! Ha! My Mizuno irons are more than 10 years old. If look at my bag it will look like this.

Driver - Callaway Octane (Latest purchase from a GRian here)
Fairway woods - Titleist 3w 904F and Titleist 5w 906F (From Grians here)
Fairway woods - Gosen 7w and 9w (From Gumtree) Locked my 6i and above away.
Irons - Mizuno Grand Monarch 7i - Pw (From a friend)
Sandwedge - Nike 56o  and 60o (From Grian here)
Putter - Taylor Made Rossa Blade (From bro Begbie)

These are the clubs that help me with my average score of 92. 
Swing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to buy Scotty Cameron   Where to buy Scotty Cameron - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to buy Scotty Cameron
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2