Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity

Go down 
+14
Gray
winx19
dodo
Schulo
pushslice
bian1980
Loudmouth
musashi75
Oracle76
bogeyman72
Noodleball
DGman
mengteck71
nrafee
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:54 pm

After PGA Show, I am VERY sure the collection will grow again lol! ROFL
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:00 pm

pushslice wrote:
Jon...any 9064 LS 9.5? Very Happy
Have a couple left... Brand New though...
PM me for details... Don't disrupt the goodness of this thread
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:00 pm

eiji wrote:

I not donating old things...think in the stack of waiting to be donated stuff includes, Ping G15 Hybrids, TM R580 Driver, Cleveland XLS Monster Driver, Titleist 906 5 wood. You with your larger storage and club whoring should have some nice stuff that even I myself might want to RENT! Twisted Evil

Wah. I want to rent the cleveland XLS Monster driver. Nrafee. reserve that for me! rent already if like, I will buy hahaha
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:01 pm

eiji wrote:
After PGA Show, I am VERY sure the collection will grow again lol! Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity - Page 2 793680
Luckily the current plan is not to go for the PGA Show in 2012...
Hahaha
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Gray wrote:
eiji wrote:

I not donating old things...think in the stack of waiting to be donated stuff includes, Ping G15 Hybrids, TM R580 Driver, Cleveland XLS Monster Driver, Titleist 906 5 wood. You with your larger storage and club whoring should have some nice stuff that even I myself might want to RENT! Twisted Evil

Wah. I want to rent the cleveland XLS Monster driver. Nrafee. reserve that for me! rent already if like, I will buy hahaha

Next issue on hand, I also dunno how much to charge for rental....

Any volunteers to help valuate the clubs and help to price them for rental and sale?

Need someone who is Damn Good and a MAN who knows the value of clubs.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:17 pm

nrafee wrote:

Seeing so many offers, i too have to show some support,
I will throw in my Nike sumo2 sq5900 driver into the loan pool then. Smile

I will tidy up the list of equipment and donors tonight. cheers..

For the longest time, i have been trying to sell my Nike sumo. Just decide to donate it away and then a buyer SMS me andconfirms the sale..haha.. good things happen when it is charity!

I officially announced that we have made our First $85 for Our Club for rental/Sale initiative!

PS: we need a name of it...
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:51 pm

Bro nrafee,

Thanks for bringing up a brilliant idea. When I first read your post, I have a few concerns. The first being where to store the stuff and the second, who to administer and gauge the pricing. The third, I hope that it does not become a dumping ground (I hope I did not open a can of worm by saying this). Now that DGman has agree go store it, I believe that it will work. However, we will have to take note Eric is also running a business enterprise and if possible, can I suggest that some of us volunteer to help out as well?

Btw, I have also a few pieces myself to contribute and hope that these are not too old to be used!
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:18 pm

nrafee wrote:

Although Master DGman offered to help storage and collection, I am not sure if it is a good idea to have too many old club sitting in the House of Zen should the take up of the old clubs be slower than the rate of donations. Not very visually pleasing. (think Far East 2nd hand shop)

The Salvation Army spends tens thousands each year disposing their donated items which they deemed are not fit for sale or use. Storage becomes a problem for them. I may be jumping the gun here but will need to address this eventually.

Bro blee2007, not sure if you have read my earlier post. Your concern are the same as mine. Smile

let me address one at time,

1) who to store - Keppel and BFG Bukit Merah will only be use as temporary storage and drop off point for ease of Donation and Pick up. Cannot expect DGman to keep all of the clubs when it gets too big a collection. (DGman sir, if you are reading this, Do let me know how much space you can spare Smile )

another bro, suggested that the old clubs be kept with the donor until it is rented or sold. I am trying hard not to do this as an incentive for donating other than doing a good deed, is also to clear space and to please the OC.)

2) Administration - I will do most of the liaising work for now. Currently we one volunteer winx19.
more are welcomed.

3) Gauging of prices: this one.. a bit tricky. May need to go far east and get a feel of the sale prices.
rental would probably be a nominal sum, just for charity. maybe $50 for 3 months for a full set of clubs. $10 or $20 dollars for a weekend of the latest Demo clubs. not such market for me to benchmark against, we will see how the market forces react.

For those who are donating your clubs, kindly Pm you your contact. i will get in touch with you.
Thank you for your generosity.

Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Oh, I guess i miss that part. It's good that we can share the same concern. All the best to this initiatives! bounce
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:42 am

Dear all, thank you for your support and comments!

This idea is now official and having the name Project 2nd chance. We have now already made $105 dollars in sales and rental with more donated clubs on it's way in.

Thanks to all the kind donors and BFG for logistic support!

See my signature for the link to Project 2nd chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2