Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity

Go down 
+14
Gray
winx19
dodo
Schulo
pushslice
bian1980
Loudmouth
musashi75
Oracle76
bogeyman72
Noodleball
DGman
mengteck71
nrafee
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity Empty
PostSubject: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:03 pm

How often do we see newbies looking around to buy a second hand set and dunno what to get?
How often do we see postings like what club should I buy? Does a regular shaft suit me etc?

What if we have a few set of beginner club readily for loan or sale?

What I am thinking is to get old club donations from fellow grians and loan them out for a nominal fee, say 30 or 50 dollars. Newbie can try out clubs and to have to practice without investing couple of hundreds dollars.

Aim is to promote more golf take up and more importantly raise some money for charity.

Other ideas includes getting new clubs for backside itchy folks to try, eg bring in tm r11 and rent out for a week. Seeing the great responses from SSN club demo loans gave me the idea. This one a bit tricky as it includes investment of buying the club unless we can get demo clubs. Hoping that Folks will be happy to take money out and try new clubs.

Have to admit that I have not thought through the whole thing, just raising a charity idea to discuss.

Charity will made in the name of GR as per the anniversary charity games.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:56 pm

I support the idea. I have a couple of spider-webbed clubs. I can donate:

1 x Cleveland HL 9.5 Driver, Stiff

1 x Cleveland CG15 Wedge

1 x Super Old Mizuno Wood

No one will want to buy these clubs. So am ok to donate and contribute to charity

Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:43 am

Thank mengteck. Let's wait and see if there any more comments or offers. will have to scrap the idea if there is no support. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:04 am

Nrafee you have our full support and we can also help with storage and drop-off and collection point.

Best wishes for your project.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Noodleball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:13 am

i have 1 set of maruman blade for the project
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:15 am

I'm for this wonderful initiative too!! Very Happy

Being a newbie, got not many clubs to donate but the following:

1 X ADAMS Idea Pro Gold #5 hybrid Embarassed

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Oracle76
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 10:07 am

I have a set of touredge driver, 3 & 5 woods, 3iron-SW to contribute. Ideal for beginners.
Back to top Go down
musashi75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:56 am

I've got a TM bubble 4 hybrid, old Cleveland 5 wood and old left handed SeeMore brass putter I can contribute.
Back to top Go down
Loudmouth
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Loudmouth

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:33 pm

I support the idea...i have few clubs to contribute to the pool...

I think the supply should not be an issue rather how to promote it to the newbies...
Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bian1980

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:37 pm

i have 2 old putters and 2 hybrids.

can let me know if need the clubs.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:44 pm

One suggestion is to lower the fee for rent.

If this project materialize, I will donate the following for sale (charity) or for rent.

Storage in Jakarta, must pick them up first (eta mid Sept):
- 1 Cleveland CG14 50 degree gap wedge
- 1 Cleveland CG14 56 degree sand wedge
- 1 Ping G10 10.5 driver

1 golf set for Ladies including a Nike stand bag, containing:
- Cleveland W 12 deg Driver for ladies
- Callaway Big Bertha 2008 Iron set 5 to SW for ladies
- TM Miscela Mid Mallet Putter for ladies
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:02 pm

Woah! Great response from so many charitable brothers here! and with master Eric offering storage and collection point, half the problems are solved.

Next issue on hand is accountability. I will keep an inventory of clubs collected, rented and sold. Need some reputable GRian to help audit this to avoid dispute. Any volunteers? (arrow?)

Also must check with miss moon how send the money in under GR's name.
Back to top Go down
Schulo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Schulo

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:21 pm

I have a very rusty putter... It was my first club!
Don't know if it's too old or too rusty, but am willing to donate.
Back to top Go down
dodo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dodo

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:57 pm

No need to buy la, the OEMs should be happy someone else store their old demo clubs and take care of the demand for demos for them. If they sell them away how much can they get anyway? This is for a good cause and can generate some sales for them; I am am sure many itchy backsides (yup describes me well) would be willing to rent a demo club for a week.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:09 pm

Ok all we all good to go then.
I have just volunteered to be in charge handling the inventory online and have obtained MissMoon's blessing.

Seeing so many offers, i too have to show some support,
I will throw in my Nike sumo2 sq5900 driver into the loan pool then. Smile

I will tidy up the list of equipment and donors tonight. cheers..
Back to top Go down
winx19
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
winx19

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi Guys,

it is a very good idea, as i believed tat many beginner like myself, would like to try out the clubs 1st before deciding on getting them. Likewise, the pro or more seasoned golfer in GR could offer there point of view on various clubs available. Giving us pointers on how to select the right or most suitable one, this would certainly increase the exposure for this project.

I truly believe golf is a game whereby players get together to exchange views and of course make new friends, to be able to contribute to charity at the same time, sounds like a great plan.

Though, i do not have extra clubs to donate, but i am willing to offer my time (as limited as it is) for this project. Just wanna do my bit...

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:18 pm

if after test already, like it, can buy?
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:26 pm

As the title states, as long as the contributors know, that all proceeds whether for the loan or sale will be going to Charity.

I have a few things available for this. Once this is finalized, brandon please contact me, got drivers, hybrids, wedges, irons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:35 pm

winx19 wrote:
Hi Guys,

it is a very good idea, as i believed tat many beginner like myself, would like to try out the clubs 1st before deciding on getting them. Likewise, the pro or more seasoned golfer in GR could offer there point of view on various clubs available. Giving us pointers on how to select the right or most suitable one, this would certainly increase the exposure for this project.

I truly believe golf is a game whereby players get together to exchange views and of course make new friends, to be able to contribute to charity at the same time, sounds like a great plan.

Though, i do not have extra clubs to donate, but i am willing to offer my time (as limited as it is) for this project. Just wanna do my bit...

Cheers.

Thanks for supporting the idea.
Current still dunno what help I need. Will rope you in when I am clearly on what needs to be done.

Although Master DGman offered to help storage and collection, I am not sure if it is a good idea to have too many old club sitting in the House of Zen should the take up of the old clubs be slower than the rate of donations. Not very visually pleasing. (think Far East 2nd hand shop)

The Salvation Army spends tens thousands each year disposing their donated items which they deemed are not fit for sale or use. Storage becomes a problem for them. I may be jumping the gun here but will need to address this eventually.

Gray,

the loan can of course be converted to sale. Smile Anything to bring in more money for Charity.

Eiji,
just saw your post.. so generous!.. Drivers, wedges, irons and hybrids!

we now have a complete set to loan out! Cheers Jump

Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:41 pm

I have some pretty old clubs to donate/sell...
Will need to do a search & rescue the store room though
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:43 pm

yeah storage could be an issue, so I hope this generate a Sale transaction than mostly rents

not trying to limit anyone's good intentions but maybe the clubs donated should be "marketable" i.e. not too old or in poor condition.

or the stock kept with original owners until a sale occurs.

etc etc

we need more thought to keep inventory manageable.

unless nrafee has a big warehouse ofcoz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:46 pm

JonL_TK wrote:

I not donating old things...think in the stack of waiting to be donated stuff includes, Ping G15 Hybrids, TM R580 Driver, Cleveland XLS Monster Driver, Titleist 906 5 wood. You with your larger storage and club whoring should have some nice stuff that even I myself might want to RENT! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:48 pm

eiji wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:

I not donating old things...think in the stack of waiting to be donated stuff includes, Ping G15 Hybrids, TM R580 Driver, Cleveland XLS Monster Driver, Titleist 906 5 wood. You with your larger storage and club whoring should have some nice stuff that even I myself might want to RENT! Twisted Evil

tongue 🤤 eagerly anticipating
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:51 pm

eiji wrote:

You with your larger storage and club whoring should have some nice stuff that even I myself might want to RENT! Twisted Evil

No idea... I would think its more of my Dad's & Brother's clubs...
I know got some Honma's (Made in Japan)... But if its too old... i will probably WTG on the forum for newbies to pick up instead

I have managed to streamline my "collection" the last couple of months... So basically whats left is just what i want still use
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:53 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
eiji wrote:

You with your larger storage and club whoring should have some nice stuff that even I myself might want to RENT! Twisted Evil

No idea... I would think its more of my Dad's & Brother's clubs...
I know got some Honma's (Made in Japan)... But if its too old... i will probably WTG on the forum for newbies to pick up instead

I have managed to streamline my "collection" the last couple of months... So basically whats left is just what i want still use

Jon...any 9064 LS 9.5? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity   Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas: Clubs for loan and sale, proceeds goes to charity
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next