Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My bad shopping experience

Go down 
+35
wangph
mengteck71
tohsk8
Lee36328
DimWit Kid
stagedbrute
etoh
Gray
ParTee
garylin
Salty Dog
clau
blee67
ping golfer
shamusan
DRGjr72
duffader
golfchowmk
simoner
pocketace
Khorkar
iron eagle
glespaul
solarpop
Right_sided_coach
DGman
poresia
TourSwing
golf_snowman
dodo
wilier izoard
Duval_S
pushslice
TheFocalPoint
morganoh
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
morganoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

My bad shopping experience Empty
PostSubject: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:06 am

3 weeks ago, I went to a shop and wanted to buy a pair of Sync G shoes.
Shop owner A attend to me and measure my foot , and told me that they have to order my size.

5days later the shoe arrive and I went to try the shoes,
Owner A was not there , so sale staff show me the SyncG and the shoe does not fit.
He said that he would need to change it with FootJoy and got to wait for few more days.
And so I told him that I would have to consider. cos its just too troublesome .

What if the exchanged shoes does not fit too.
Buying a pair of shoes may take more than 2-3 weeks.

and so I left the shop and practice my golf outside the shop.
5mins later , Owner B walk to me furiously told me if I'm not serious to buy the FootJoy dont buy from them.
he also said they paid cash for the shoes and now that I do not want it. and HE WALK AWAY before I even speak up.

1st I wanted to buy the FootJoy, but they do not have my size, they order it and paid for it.
Is it my problem? cos they did not tell me that.

When someone buy a Pants, Shirt, Shoes , of cos they would want to try out different size just to make sure.

Would u go to a shop, and the owner tells u they dont have your size , ask u to come back 5 days later to try.
and if it does not fit, u have to come back 4 days later again cos they have to do a 1 for 1 swop.

------------------------------

I recently bought another pair of FootJOy, this time with Golf Direct.
They let me try out size 9, 9.5, 10 and tell me to take my time trying them.
After 10mins of trying I decided on the size and bought it.
This should be the correct way.
-------------------------------
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:12 am

Next time buy Adidas.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:21 am

it's not the shoes leh, it's the shop (or the shop owners) Razz
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:25 am

Guess if a manufacturer keeps recruiting authorized retailer who does not carry stock , such things will bound to happen....and then the brand gets affected.

well FJ is on this forum and lets hope they can help to mitigate.

I like FJ.....and don get into this coz I get the most std off the shelf shoes

Back to top Go down
morganoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:32 am

Yes its the shop owner,

I bought a set of Ping G15 irons Yellow from them, total 10 pc

cost me $1900.

I collect the irons play them for 1 mth and found out that my ball always draw to the left.
and so I went back to the shop and try out the demo Blue dot G15 irons and all my ball goes straight.

Shop Owner told me that he had fitted me correctly , and he is a certified Ping Club Fitter.
and I ask then why is it the all my ball draw left with fitted irons Yellow dot , and the ball goes straight with the demo Blue Dot.

He said that I can bend the irons to Blue , but have to pay for it .
I told him Ping should offer a 2nd adjustment, cos I believe that fine tunning should be provided.
I told him that I'm a SIA pilot and travels to USA frequently and I can buy the 10 pc G15 irons at 35% less than spore price (at $1300).
But I choose to buy it in Singapore cos I dont mind paying extra for the service.

The Owner said theres nothing they can do cos RE-Bending is not free.
and so I left, call Ping Distributor and complain to them.
The next day the Ping call the shop and the owner call me that they will Re-Bend for me FREE.
I paid Extra for the Shop service and the Shop did not even "Fight" for me to get a Free Re-bend. ALL They said is theres nothing they can do and all adjustment will be charge.

YES ITS THE OWNER.
Back to top Go down
wilier izoard
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
wilier izoard

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:40 am

Yes I believe is the owner .I have the same problem when I went to there to fit driver .
Back to top Go down
dodo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dodo

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:47 am

I agree, it's the shop owners. In the US, there are also bad apples, but by and large, they will honour the quality of service specified by the brands like Ping and Callaways. For brands who don't have any policy on after-sales, Golfsmith has 90-90, play for 90 days, not happy, return them for 90% credit. And re-bending for Pings - never heard of charging extra, a callaway shaft break at hosel - no question asked you get a replacement. The killer is most brands are 20% to 30% cheaper - so who keep that extra margin? You look around the various shops and figure out yourself the reasons why.

O, buy Adidas? They don't even carry the MWT weights here at that shop at Cathay, give me all the flaming you want, but that I think is something Adidas should have sorted out with its local distributors since several years ago but just sat on the issue despite complaints. That is why I never bot another MWT thingy from them since the R7.

Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:48 am

should lodge a complain to FJ...this shop or the owner is making FJ losing customer....
Back to top Go down
wilier izoard
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
wilier izoard

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:54 am

golf_snowman wrote:
should lodge a complain to FJ...this shop or the owner is making FJ losing customer....
Ya I agree ..this are the arrogant people. FJ should do something ..if not they will lose their customer .
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:03 am

morganoh wrote:
Yes its the shop owner,

I bought a set of Ping G15 irons Yellow from them, total 10 pc

cost me $1900.

I collect the irons play them for 1 mth and found out that my ball always draw to the left.
and so I went back to the shop and try out the demo Blue dot G15 irons and all my ball goes straight.

Shop Owner told me that he had fitted me correctly , and he is a certified Ping Club Fitter.
and I ask then why is it the all my ball draw left with fitted irons Yellow dot , and the ball goes straight with the demo Blue Dot.

YES ITS THE OWNER.

we're of the same height, I'm fit to blue dot bordering black dot, by two different Ping fitters. Yet he fit you to yellow?

he may be certified but his fitting on you was off. I'm guessing he didnt use a launch monitor or fit you on the range.

but after this experience, you still came back to him for shoes? You must be a very loyal customer, and I know you dont mind paying for stuff you value.

His loss lah
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:05 am

morganoh wrote:

Just curious, what was the fitting process??
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:32 am

can u pm me name of shop so i wont go there to buy?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:14 am

poor Morgan Oh...if its any comfort i just send another set of irons to Ping directly cos the owner do not want to go to the shop he bought from...same story and same shop...haiz

in this case its 1 and half degree too flat.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:35 am

DGman wrote:
poor Morgan Oh...if its any comfort i just send another set of irons to Ping directly cos the owner do not want to go to the shop he bought from...same story and same shop...haiz

in this case its 1 and half degree too flat.

DGman

I have also experienced many students with incorrectly fitted PING clubs from this place. The worst was a lady left hander who was fitted with Rapture heads that had mens S/R shaft in them. I guess her swing speed would have been all of 50 mph. My thoughts were that they had the L/H clubs in stock and wanted to get rid of them rather than ordering another set. Either that or the fitter got it completely wrong
The worst thing about getting the PING lie angles wrong is that bending them is extremely difficult, almost impossible due to the type of material they are made from

The cost of PING is also very high and I believe there are much better value for money clubs on the market.

If you really want PING, I would suggest getting fitted elsewhere and then just give the specs to them

Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:07 pm

So sad about the lousy fitter destroying Ping's good rep. They're well known here in the US for their excellent customer service.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:30 pm

TourSwing wrote:
morganoh wrote:

Was it dynamic fitting followed by nFlight ...

or was it static fitting

Back to top Go down
wilier izoard
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
wilier izoard

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Wish Sammuel from Ping is reading this ...told him before about sn incident
Back to top Go down
morganoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 3:26 pm

TourSwing wrote:
morganoh wrote:

The fitting process was as indicated on the ping website

1st measure height, + dist from palm to gnd + hand size

2nd hitting different clubs with the launch monitor.

anyway after I complain, I did not even brother to RE-Bend it (even when its free)
I just sold it away at a low price . (much less than half price)

and I at the same time I bought a set of Taylormade Burner irons at isetan at super low price of only $399.
guess what??? I play much better with $399 Taylormade than the $1900 Ping.
Back to top Go down
morganoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 3:43 pm

I always practise my golf at a particular Bay
, and every time this OWNER B always walk pass like I kill his Father.

All this happen after what he had Shouted at me
(and I did not even have a chance to speak up/defence myself, after HE shout at me telling me dont buy from them if I'm not conmitted).

Now every week when I go to practise my Golf I will still have to sell the OwnerB ugly Face,

Last edited by morganoh on Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 3:54 pm

where is this shop?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:00 pm

Quote :
poresia wrote:
where is this shop?

i got a feeling ......

let me see...fitting place is in range.....if I am not wrong, I know
Back to top Go down
glespaul
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
glespaul

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:32 pm

Ping+Range? maybe got Jap food too? heehee!!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:40 pm

Retailers...need to not underestimate the power of social media.......

errr...where did i hear this before.......
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:26 pm

cyclops

Last edited by iron eagle on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:32 pm

morganoh wrote:
I always practise my golf at a particular Bay
, and every time this OWNER B always walk pass like I kill his Father.

All this happen after what he had Shouted at me
(and I did not even have a chance to speak up/defence myself, after HE shout at me telling me dont buy from them if I'm not conmitted).

Now every week when I go to practise my Golf I will still have to sell the OwnerB ugly Face,

Morgan,

I sympathize your situation. You should name and shame the retailer and let them know the power of consumer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My bad shopping experience   My bad shopping experience I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My bad shopping experience
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next