Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon

Go down 
+7
mizzy
blee67
jurongtiger
Birdman
Dan5
mloy
hwdq
11 posters
AuthorMessage
hwdq
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  Empty
PostSubject: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi,

Plan to play in Bintan lagoon, would like to seek some advice in terms of the courses.... Jack Nicklaus Sea view course and Ian Baker-FInch woodlands course, which is a better course in terms of course design and condition ?

Many thanks. -Hwd
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:39 pm

hwdq wrote:
Hi,

Plan to play in Bintan lagoon, would like to seek some advice in terms of the courses.... Jack Nicklaus Sea view course and Ian Baker-FInch woodlands course, which is a better course in terms of course design and condition ?

Many thanks. -Hwd

Hi hwdq, for me I prefer to play the Jack Nicklaus course. Its more scenic. If you are planning for a stay and play package should try both.
Back to top Go down
Dan5
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dan5

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi, do they required valid Handicap to play in Bintan??
Back to top Go down
hwdq
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:30 pm

Thanks Mloy.

Is the level of difficulty the similar for both courses?
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:51 pm

hwdq wrote:
Thanks Mloy.

Honestly, I normally play at Jack Nicklaus because I find it is an easier course.

@Dan5 - You don't need handicap to play at Bintan Lagoon.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:07 pm

Jack Nicklaus has wider fairways and is a more straightforward course designed for the recreational golfer. Much easier to play.

Ian Baker Finch has lots of undulations with extreme sloping fairways left or right. Your ability to hit off uneven lies will be tested as much as your course management. With the forest just off the fairways left and right, please bring more balls.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:25 pm

Finch course is very interesting. Lots of mature trees lining the sides and like what birdman say, its undultaing fairways is a big challenge. On a few holes cant see flagstick at the second shot!

Jack seaview plays by the sea on that signature par 3 only I recalled. Not much sea after that... fun to play both and rent the nice bungalow for the family! comes with your own buggy!
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:57 pm

I just came back from Bintan over the weekend and played only in the Jack Nicklaus's course. Whilst the green are good, some the fairways are pretty bad. The staff there says that they are trying to rectify the problems there but it may take a while. So be prepared.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 6:10 pm

blee2007 wrote:
I just came back from Bintan over the weekend and played only in the Jack Nicklaus's course. Whilst the green are good, some the fairways are pretty bad. The staff there says that they are trying to rectify the problems there but it may take a while. So be prepared.

now i know you go mountain training.. 2-2.. thank you
Back to top Go down
Dan5
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dan5

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:05 pm

mloy wrote:
hwdq wrote:
Thanks Mloy.

Honestly, I normally play at Jack Nicklaus because I find it is an easier course.

@Dan5 - You don't need handicap to play at Bintan Lagoon.

Thank you Mloy!!! Now can start planning for a trip to Bintan.... cheers
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:50 pm

mizzy wrote:
blee2007 wrote:

now i know you go mountain training.. 2-2.. thank you

Not mountain training. More like risk survey. ROFL
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:25 pm

I normally play Jack Nicklaus but recently tried Ian Baker & I liked it almost immediately. It's a lot more interesting in terms of layout, and the condition of the course also better.

Will be playing there next week. Monday pm on JN and Tuesday am on IBF

Swing
Back to top Go down
hwdq
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:32 pm

Many thanks Mloy, birdman, Jurongtiger, blee2007, simoner for the info!
Back to top Go down
jing77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi, i haven never been to bintan to play golf.. When checking in the golf bag, do we need to hav golf travel bags to protect the clubs? or normal golf bag will do? and need to lock up the golf bags?

Thanks =)
Back to top Go down
stagedbrute
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
stagedbrute

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 3:57 pm

I think its best to use a golf travel bag with a lock, to prevent any "accidents" from happening. After all, your entire set probably cost you more than 1k, why not protect it?
Back to top Go down
jwing
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
jwing

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:03 pm

If got nice cart bag or stand bag, having some protection will be better as the bags need to go thru conveyor belt...
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Course Updates (my humble opinion only):
1. Played JN on Monday - the fairways need major maintenance, quite "botak" already. The greens are also quite uneven.
2. Play IBF on Tuesday - still very playable and nice but course is more challenging than JN.

My 2 cents worth Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon    Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question: Which is a better course in Bintan lagoon
Page 1 of 1