Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's happening with Tiger?

Go down 
+9
missmoon
mUAr_cHEe
watermyforrest
nientsu
chinchiachun
Ssquirrel
Khorkar
S70B
Technospaz
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

What's happening with Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:34 am

Of late, I've noticed that Tiger's driver and putter have not been serving him well. I'm not sure what has caused it but it's affecting his scores. He's not taken a single Eagle in the Deutsche Bank tourney while folks like John Senden were able to record an albatross.

It seemed to start at the PGA Championship. I'm not referring to his loss there but even when he was playing, it seemed that he wasn't quite himself which then lead to him losing to Yang.

I wonder what's gone wrong. I don't think he's always been superb at driving or putting (he usually weaves much better magic with his irons) but even then, it's almost as if most of his drives go wayward and his putting has been way too erratic.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:41 am

They have some talk about it on the Golf Channel here about how Tigs doesn't seem to be enjoying his golf of late.

I guess its about his schedule of events. You don't see him play so many events back-to-back in previouse years and he always prep alot for the majors by skipping the events the week before. I guess he will look into his list to go at it again the next year.

Don't forget that he is a father of 2 now. There are other priorities in life now besides gunning for the mythical 19.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:47 am

S70B wrote:
They have some talk about it on the Golf Channel here about how Tigs doesn't seem to be enjoying his golf of late.

I guess its about his schedule of events. You don't see him play so many events back-to-back in previouse years and he always prep alot for the majors by skipping the events the week before. I guess he will look into his list to go at it again the next year.

Don't forget that he is a father of 2 now. There are other priorities in life now besides gunning for the mythical 19.

Good points. He has been playing a lot. Perhaps he needs a rest particularly since he is a father of 2. That's why I also found it odd that he's been playing so many games back-to-back. He just doesn't seem comfortable and as a result, doesn't look like he's enjoying his game.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:38 am

I guess in a competitive gaming, it is hard to be the best all the time. Not forgetting, tour and all the pressure is hard.... Tiger needs some R&R la...
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:13 am

Some club throwing action from Tiger!!!
Article link

Back to top Go down
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chinchiachun

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:19 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
Some club throwing action from Tiger!!!
Article link

TSS master, Tiger probably chanced upon this site and saw the hugh TSS following and he damn T L, not easy to perform well when one is T L isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:36 am

Wow... that club did a somersault. He's under so much pressure and golf is a tough game, the more you are frustrated, the worse you'll play. It's a vicious circle.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:40 am

Have you guys seen his wife??

I am actually damn surprise he got time to play golf!!

Jokes aside, I am actually enjoying the fact that Mr Woods is losing to less players. It sort of freshen things up to me.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:35 am

I kind of lose interest in watching the PGA tour now that Tiger is not there to pounce on the leaders...
It used to be really exciting watching him playing catch up and his flair in the short game (chipping/putting).
It is also absolutely thrilling to watch other players either lose their nerves or show their nerve of steel (like Yang did).
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:37 am

I kinda agree with nientsu. No Tiger means others get a chance Smile Perhaps TW just needs a break... during this time, the rest of the field can flex their muscles Smile
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:40 am

Yea...

I think everyone in the tour sort of acknowledge he is the bestz there is at this moment. But that doesnt stop them from trying to win.

Everyone wants to be associated witht the best. But we should also give credit to those who try (against all odds) to match the best, and sometimes, be the best. They deserve our support as well
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:58 am

He threw in a 63 just to make it interesting. Had more birdies than pars. Mix in an eagle and 2 bogeys and I think that is pretty impressive. Tied 10th. Not too bad.

Steve Stricker is Mr September by winning. Overtakes TW as #1 in the Fedex Cup. Getting interesting.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 7:02 am

Technospaz wrote:
Wow... that club did a somersault. He's under so much pressure and golf is a tough game, the more you are frustrated, the worse you'll play. It's a vicious circle.

i m so sorry. i will promise never to throw my club again.
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:02 am

Tiger is brilliant what.. He played 63 at Deutsche Bank Championship.. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:12 am

You mean he threw in a 63 and still threw his club?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:01 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

i m so sorry. i will promise never to throw my club again.

Throw'lah. Just don't aim at me Razz

On a more serious note, I think TW needs a break. He's been going at it far too aggressively. I'm sure it's exhausting more physically as well as mentally. And, the pressure on him is tremendous.

For Steve, kudos!! Like Rex said... this is getting really interesting Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:03 am

MC, throw to me.

Catch liao dun return you. Razz
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:08 am

S70B wrote:
MC, throw to me.

Throwing is one thing. MC can spear you nicely with his driver.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:38 am

Technospaz wrote:
S70B wrote:
MC, throw to me.

the boy is a menace...i meant the local javelin champion.....

i can understand your fear Jason. i would have push the whole bag to the water edge and let him do the honors. after a earful from me, i hope the act will not be repeated.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:43 am

DGman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
S70B wrote:
MC, throw to me.

the boy is a menace...i meant the local javelin champion.....

i can understand your fear Jason. i would have push the whole bag to the water edge and let him do the honors. after a earful from me, i hope the act will not be repeated.

DGman

Haha. MC is fine, actually Smile He's quite a great golfer to play with. A lot of fun and very helpful. If he throws his club, I'll be sure to duck and run to pick it up Wink
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:05 am

ok. transfer the $50 to u later...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:06 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
ok. transfer the $50 to u later...

Sounds good Wink
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:28 am

did i say it was MC.....

without prejudice....

i was talking about the Rage....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:33 am

DGman wrote:
did i say it was MC.....

without prejudice....

i was talking about the Rage....

LOL! I kinda guessed you meant G but I didn't wanna assume Smile
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:00 pm

ass out of u and me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's happening with Tiger?   What's happening with Tiger? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's happening with Tiger?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next