Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Game of Golf Can Help the Game of Life

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

A Game of Golf Can Help the Game of Life Empty
PostSubject: A Game of Golf Can Help the Game of Life   A Game of Golf Can Help the Game of Life I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:51 pm

By Zig Ziglar

To take a little literary license and paraphrase Tim J. M. Rohrer of WSOC FM 103 radio in Charlotte, North Carolina, in golf the objective is to hit each shot well and to get into position to hit the next one effectively. Tim says this is the smart way to approach a demanding game. Concentrating on hitting each shot forces the player to focus on the current shot and to forget about past mistakes. Unfortunately, in golf and in life, we do hit some “bad shots” or things just don’t go “our way.” It is important, however, that we not let a missed shot or a bad break today keep us from doing our best tomorrow.

Failure is an event, it is not a person; yesterday really did end last night. A bad shot or a bad break should not influence the next shot or the next action we take. As a matter of fact, on the golf course when we miss a shot we should say to ourselves, “I can’t believe I did that! That is totally out of character for me. I just won’t do that again.” Then, as we step up to make the next shot, we should be saying, “Remember how you hit that last seven iron on number eight? Here’s your chance to do it again!”

If we’ve missed a sale or fouled up a relationship or made a poor decision in the past, we should not let that be the measuring stick for future behavior. We should, in fact, step up to the next opportunity and remind ourselves of our past successes, painting a new picture of success and accomplishments in our lives. The combination of mental imaging and self-talk can make a difference. Paint the picture of success before the next shot in golf or the next step in life. You will find it to be helpful. Think about it. Do it, and I’ll SEE YOU AT THE TOP!

Failure is an event, it is not a person. ~Zig Ziglar
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

A Game of Golf Can Help the Game of Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Game of Golf Can Help the Game of Life   A Game of Golf Can Help the Game of Life I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:52 am

Wah. I didnt know golf can teach me such good lesson. I thgt golf only help me spend money.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1