Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers.

Go down 
+8
DRGjr72
sob
Winston
dtan
duffader
TourSwing
Khorkar
S70B
12 posters
AuthorMessage
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers. Empty
PostSubject: RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers.   RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers. I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Interesting and exciting day for Singaporeans but a sad day for all golfers worldwide.

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/story/15037644/sadness-on-two-continents-with-news-of-ballesteros-decline
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers.   RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers. I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:34 pm

Sad to see the passing of a legend. Seve RIP...
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers.   RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers. I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:36 pm

RIP Seve ... you are the reason I started playing golf!

check this out ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmawDlePgu0&NR=1

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers.   RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers. I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:33 pm

He was the one that inspired me to pick up the game. Sad
Back to top Go down
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
dtan

PostSubject: Re: RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers.   RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers. I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:33 pm

Seve you are the reason why i'm playing golf today....

You are able to make the whole golfing world stop and look at you when you played..

such a FIGHTER and a GENTLEMAN that make golf so

interesting to follow.

You will always be remember as "THE KING OF IRON"

R.I.P SEVE BALLESTEROS
Back to top Go down
http://davidtnm@yahoo.com
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers.   RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers. I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:11 am

One of the greatest golfers ever. expecially for the Ryder Cup.

Rest In Peace Seve............
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers.   RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers. I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 8:20 pm

Was watching Golf Center earlier today, they were doing a tribute to Seve.
Really touched when they interviewed Nick Faldo and he broke down in the middle of the interview.
Most of the current pros looked up to Seve when they were younger and everyone wanted to be him.

To quote Graeme McDowell "Apparently God needed a short game lesson."

Adios Seve!
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers.   RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers. I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:52 pm

Had a good friend die of the same type of brain cancer and it really hits home in a bad way. Seve was a one of a kind competitor. He exuded class and a game that no one else could comprehend. Hit it all over the map..yet figured out a way to be competitive. The same mind that ultimately took his life was the same driving force of his success.

Seve you were a magician and ambasedor of the sport like no other. I wish there were more like you today in the game of golf as it would be a better place and home to a better future. Bottom line....there will never be another like you...and that is a shame as the golf world was a better place with you in it.

RIP Seve...you were not only a great competitor, but an amazing man and ambassedor of the game. You will be missed.

Beer
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers.   RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers. I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:39 am

My uncle said Seve one had an eagle on a par 5, without ever landing his ball on the fairway. its was like right side rough, left side rough, in the hole!

Anyone got clips on that?
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: The legend will be missed   RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers. I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:50 am

RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers. Itr__1268055545_seve_ballesteros_1976_British_

He was truly legendary.

How about never finding the fairway on the front 9, yet losing to Tom Lehman by only 1 stroke, in the 95 Ryder Cup at Oak Hill? Lehman calls it the greatest nine holes he ever saw.

Or slicing into the car park, took a drop, punched a wedge to the green, and made birdie, on the way to winning his first major (Open 79)

On his knees, hooking his wood back into the fairways.

Just some of his many stories

“I always thought it strange,” said Hale Irwin, “that Seve Ballesteros was more accurate from the trees than from the tee.”

Typically, give him a ball on the tee, and he will send it into trouble. And from there, he will find a hole in the tree line, and somehow, find the hole with his 3 wood, and bend the shot back onto the green.

How about greenside bunkers, using a 3 iron? Or fairway bunkers with a 3 wood? He hit shots in competition few of today's pros would even dare to try.

His imagination and skill out of trouble coupled with deft touch around the green made him perfect for Augusta, resulting in him being the youngest Masters winner at 23, a record broken only when Tiger came along (21).

Unfortunately, the style of the modern game (long rough, favouring length and accuracy over shotmaking, the 60 degree wedge) means that there will never be another player like Seve.

The game owes him an eternal debt of gratitude. He will be missed, but his legend will live on.
Back to top Go down
mickey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers.   RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers. I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:41 pm

I was fortunate to have picked up the game in his era. I learned by trying to emulate him and was totally inspired by him.

I remember when he came here to play the Johnny Walker Classic many years ago. I followed him for the 36 holes that he played. Seve didn't make the cut but boy, was it a thrill to watch him play. More often than not when he drove it on the fairway, he'd miss the green with the next shot. But almost every time he drove it into the rough, he'd stick it on, and very often within birdie putt range. It was one of the most exciting spectacles i ever witnessed, even tho he didn't make the cut. Just to see him walk the fairways was thrilling. He walked to his ball like he was stalking a prey, the eyes, the gladiatorial gait, the intensity...

Severiano Ballesteros. He was my hero, and I will always remember him.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers.   RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers. I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 3:24 pm

RIP, Seve. You have inspired more than you can imagine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers.   RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Seve. You have been inspirational to a lot of golfers.
Page 1 of 1