Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got a little pissed off today

Go down 
+12
jaketang
shorthitter
peace2903
tronos
pushslice
watermyforrest
mUAr_cHEe
samT
Master
Kopi Towkay
Gray
thehacker
16 posters
AuthorMessage
thehacker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Got a little pissed off today Empty
PostSubject: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:07 am

After more than a months layoff from golf, I went down to driving range with a colleague to try and re-find my swing.

Just went we were about to wrap up our practice session and chit chatting by the side, somebody from the level above us dropped an iron onto the ground before us (we were at the ground level).

A short while later, this youngish and good looking Caucasian boy (probably in his late teens) came down and asked me "excuse me, can you pick up my club for me please?"

"I beg your pardon? You asking me to pick it up for me" I asked.

"Yes please" the boy replied , slightly irritated that his request is not getting through me.

"Why don't you ask the workers, or go pick up yourself?"

"What workers? Where?" he retorted.

"Go to the front counter and also! who do you think you are? You don't just come here and order people about!" I countered.

I was pissed, although the words please and excuse me were used, it's bad form to ask the wrong person, like another golfer who is also a paying customer to attempt to do things which are risky.

Maybe his parents did teach him some manners, but failed to teach him common sense.

Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:25 am

Poor education from parents. Got quite a few in my office.

Dont worry, these people, due to dis service to them by their parents, will go through life like that and wonder why people around them don't like them.
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:11 pm

Why even mention that he is caucasion boy? What on God's green earth difference does that make about anything?
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:13 pm

Kopi Towkay wrote:
Why even mention that he is caucasion boy? What on God's green earth difference does that make about anything?

note that he said YOUNG, GOOD LOOKING caucasian boy.

maybe it serves to differentiate that boy from YOUNG, GOOD LOOKING, chinese boy --- ME!!

ROFL
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:49 pm

I read it in the same light as you did MT. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:51 pm

Master wrote:
note that he said YOUNG, GOOD LOOKING caucasian boy.

maybe it serves to differentiate that boy from YOUNG, GOOD LOOKING, chinese boy --- ME!!

ROFL

mUAr_cHEe and 2 others like this.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:30 pm

while reading it, I had exactly the same question as KT...

Master: +1
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 2:34 pm

im more interested to know why "youngish" (i mean a boy is surely young lor) and "good looking" (who would notice a guy is good looking and write about it) was mentioned, then "caucasian" clown
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:12 pm

good looking guy trying to hit on you, u must have been giving out some signals.... next question after you pick up will be "my shaft is a bit dirty, can you clean it for me?"

i have never seen any one drop an iron from above.
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:16 pm

tronos wrote:
good looking guy trying to hit on you, u must have been giving out some signals.... next question after you pick up will be "my shaft is a bit dirty, can you clean it for me?"

i have never seen any one drop an iron from above.

so usually, what do you see young, handsome boys drop?
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:13 pm

You guys are FUNNY!!! Brighten my tiring and stressful day in the office!

Anyway, funny question on why mention that the boy is a Caucasian.
thehacker was just reporting his experience ... the boy was a caucasian so he reported caucasian... if its chinese, then it will write chinese, if malay, will write malay ...and so on.
Back to top Go down
thehacker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:28 pm

Errrmmm... the boy was just young, good looking, none Chinese, not Malay, Not Tamil, light coloured hair, so should be a Caucasian. Not sure why should that be an issue with some people. It's just a description about the boy, no more no less.

It could well had been a Malay boy, a Chinese boy, or a boy from any other nationalities, but it just happens to be a Caucasian.

Nothing wrong with seeing him as young and good looking, except that his mentality is scratch
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Dude..we're all just pulling your leg. I was reading that Fukushima is now category 7 like Chernobyl, and then I saw your rant. Aint worth getting so worked up lah, hope we can cheer you up
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:42 pm

I am not so surpirsed the "caucasian" was mentioned, I am really surprised that a kid... politley... asked you for help and you got pi****ed about it.....

We try and teach our kids if in doubt ask an adult for help....

Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:51 pm

be it any race or nationality.....

maybe the boy shld apologize the 1st thing when he is down.. "Sorry guys, i drop my iron. can some1 please help me? "

i think tht wld make a big difference.....
Back to top Go down
drizz0
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:00 pm

think this thread is getting a bit out of hand.... maybe shld be locked or closed...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:30 pm

this is out of hand?

you have seen nothing yet...
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 10:33 pm

Yah...no big deal.

this is what i call out of hand....

MC.... F you!!!! hahahhaha

Last edited by duffader on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:19 pm

Ohh...Touchy...touchy... seems like a few ang mos nerves have been tickled.... Defence up...hope no war follows.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Yamaha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Yamaha

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:55 pm

What if is a pretty young ladies ask for your help to pick up her club??? I believeits a different story huh!!!
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:56 pm

So thehacker got pissed off because the boy thought he was one of the workers?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:34 am

I was wondering why thehacker got pissed off? The kids did politely asked and there is probably good reason why he dare not enter the area to pick up the clubs... No reason to be worked up at all and be over-reacting.

When I go around with my kids in shopping centre, all I ever hear is EXCUSE...ME EXCUSE...ME. Hell, its EXCUSE ME PLEASE, didn't we teach manners in school. Is it so hard to say please? Should I be worked up and start blowing my top with rude comments?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:39 am

I got a very nice Scotty X... Ai mai.. he he he....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got a little pissed off today   Got a little pissed off today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got a little pissed off today
Page 1 of 1