Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will you be pissed if ....

Go down 
+12
Uncle Lau
jimmychoo
Seiko
S70B
22tang
Technospaz
slinger
freedrop
ughly
Duval_S
jurongtiger
JohnBGLee
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

Will you be pissed if .... Empty
PostSubject: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:01 pm

Will you be pissed off if a ball landed within 2 meters away from you, and rolling, ...while you are about to take a second shot.
Well, I got pissed off at OCTVILLE this afternoon.
No shouting of "Ball" or "Fore".
No apology ... Where is the golf etiquette.

Give that guy a good dressing down. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:05 pm

JohnBGLee wrote:
Will you be pissed off if a ball landed within 2 meters away from you, and rolling, ...while you are about to take a second shot.
Well, I got pissed off at OCTVILLE this afternoon.
No shouting of "Ball" or "Fore".
No apology ... Where is the golf etiquette.

Give that guy a good dressing down. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Wah Fierce.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:06 pm

Wah....I think pissed is a way understatement....... just curious, what was the reply or excuse the joker used? was it ' I forgotten other folks lives are as important as mine'
Back to top Go down
ughly
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
ughly

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:18 pm

Happened to me last weekend at mandai. Cant remember which hole but i just teed off and a ball literally flew across my face. I looks at where the ball flew from and no one seems to be lookin at my direction. I was quite tempted to pocket that ball but it was so screwed up it flew into the bush at the side.

ZiAn
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:19 pm

If it's a Pro V1, the rule says you can pick it up as souvenir.
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:24 pm

My first Question to this guy is: Hello .....

Are you from Golf Republic ?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:53 pm

things like these happen when u play golf often, not saying that such acts should be waivered........ question is: what would u do if u play the ball within 2m of the flight in front

personally, i got more balls hit within my comfort zone than vice versa, and i heard the fair share of lousy reasons golfers dished out......should i bring my wrath onto such golfers, hoping that they will be more patient n learned in their game....mayb, dun really want to be more frustrated on the golf course, i got a lot of grief from work already, just want to enjoy my walk in the park

a true n rewarding incident: ball too close for my buddy comfort as he tried to hit his 2nd shot, the golfer actually drove up n offer his apology profusely, no cheap reasons, just a thousand sorry, end of game when we had our drinks, that golfer bought us a jug of beer, pure class..... i learned a lot that day
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:00 pm

I've had that happen to me before and yes, I was upset. However, I wasn't too angry since I've been in the firing position myself. Just remember, sometimes the message is best conveyed without the yelling.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:04 pm

TS, we know u can............. please please please put the gun down

or u can switch the safety on
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:08 pm

slinger wrote:
TS, we know u can............. please please please put the gun down

or u can switch the safety on

Safety? What's the saf... *boom*

Ouch!
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:43 pm

slinger wrote:
a true n rewarding incident: ball too close for my buddy comfort as he tried to hit his 2nd shot, the golfer actually drove up n offer his apology profusely, no cheap reasons, just a thousand sorry, end of game when we had our drinks, that golfer bought us a jug of beer, pure class..... i learned a lot that day

I had that before. Apologise and a jug of beer.
Many months back.
We saw the players from the front flight had finished their second shots.
Buggy had driven forward ...

My flight ...
1st Player hit followed by me....then
Suddenly one of the two buggy make U turn and come in from the side.
(Why? to look for the Driver "Condom")
We shouted "fore". Too late my ball hits their buggy. Very loud "Piang".
Deep depression "Ball mark" on the buggy.

Whose fault ? I don't think it's mine but I still apologise even they say it not my fault.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
22tang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
22tang

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:51 pm

The story very familiar, still live with me till today!

slinger wrote:
things like these happen when u play golf often, not saying that such acts should be waivered........ question is: what would u do if u play the ball within 2m of the flight in front

personally, i got more balls hit within my comfort zone than vice versa, and i heard the fair share of lousy reasons golfers dished out......should i bring my wrath onto such golfers, hoping that they will be more patient n learned in their game....mayb, dun really want to be more frustrated on the golf course, i got a lot of grief from work already, just want to enjoy my walk in the park

Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:30 pm

Haha, Mr Tang, you still remember? Laughing

I have forgotten about it liao but I guess our friend Slinger never forgets a beer treat. Beer
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:45 pm

Hi! I got the similar experience when I was playing Palm Villa this wk. There are 2 flights (3 balls each) in front of us. They are really slow but however me n my buddy waited patiently for them to clear the green or at least beyond our striking distance b4 we hit. During one particular hole, the flight infront was still putting at the green and we are in the middle of the fairway. I was searching my ball at the rough while waiting for the flight infront to finish putting. The flight behind us (2 balls) become impatiently start to tee off even though we are just infront. One guy start to hit his ball, distance abt less than 50mtr behind us and the ball landed in the rough. Exactly the same spot when I was searching 5mins ago! He appeared apologetic and I told him that "Bro, be patient! There are still pple at the green putting so y u so impatient?"

I think he apologized but my buddy is very angry abt it! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:28 pm

I got pissed off before....

The same story, I was waiting for the front flight to clear the green when the joker behind start to tee off. The ball landed behind me and roll to about 5 m from me. I get very pissed off and step the ball into the fairway. After that the guy behind came and apologize to me, I felt very malu and point to him where his ball is Embarassed

Nowadays if the same situation happen, I will yell back at them and make them understand. After that I will continue with my game. If they do it again, they will be seeing me doing putting on the fairway. clown
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:32 pm

Hmmmmm bro JohnBGLee. think if you are in local course you could get TS to sued that guy... Shocked But if i were you in JB, better be carefull as that guy will call his gang from some Kampong and looked for you, hey no joke bro, i heared about this case before in Malacca years back !

Unless you have Kung Fu master or golf kakis like Sunny, TS, Roystonn, sekio, Chris Ong, MC and ahem Myself than you could give a dressing down to that guy !

Keep cool bro and enjoy your game, don't let such moron spoil your game lor !

Cheers !

Beer
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:34 pm

yeah.. nothing good happens if you get angry. but if he doesn't come and apologise then the safety is coming off! ENEMY LEFT! CHARGE!
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:42 pm

I was abit of a hot head in my teens.

There was 1 time in Batam, eons ago (forgot which course) where it was a particularly slow day. Same scenario. Waiting on the fairway and saw a ball drop behind me about 10m. Looked back and saw 1 guy picking up his tee. No shout or anything from the tee box and the 2nd guy proceeded to get ready to tee off.

I got pissed off and took out my 3 wd and launched his own ball back at him. My dad was shocked and shouted at me but the ball alr landed back at them near the tee box. The guy took a step back and waved his hand.

I was waiting for a showdown alr but they never caught up after that.

I also got an earful from my dad and I have since learnt to be less crazy.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:35 am

wah nice shot.. haha
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:25 am

S70B wrote:
I was abit of a hot head in my teens.

There was 1 time in Batam, eons ago (forgot which course) where it was a particularly slow day. Same scenario. Waiting on the fairway and saw a ball drop behind me about 10m. Looked back and saw 1 guy picking up his tee. No shout or anything from the tee box and the 2nd guy proceeded to get ready to tee off.

I got pissed off and took out my 3 wd and launched his own ball back at him. My dad was shocked and shouted at me but the ball alr landed back at them near the tee box. The guy took a step back and waved his hand.

I was waiting for a showdown alr but they never caught up after that.

I also got an earful from my dad and I have since learnt to be less crazy.

Wah! This is a gd one... cheers
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:03 am

S70B wrote:

Wah... 3 wd in exchange for driver. That'll show them.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:25 am

Quote :
who8168 wrote:
S70B wrote:

Wah... 3 wd in exchange for driver. That'll show them.... Will you be pissed if .... Icon_twisted

3wd fm fairway and land near tee.....NB...if I have such talent...I will tell that flight to overtake me and then wish them 'good luck'....now 'u scratch mine, now i scratch yours...ROARRRRrrrr '
Back to top Go down
22tang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
22tang

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:29 am

Beer

S70B wrote:
Haha, Mr Tang, you still remember? Laughing

I have forgotten about it liao but I guess our friend Slinger never forgets a beer treat. Beer
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:30 am

These days, it's better not to get too aggressive. The world is filled with messed-up individuals. You never know what the other person might do if you take him on in a fight.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:21 am

Wa seh... Rex, how I wish I have that skill leh.
If me, I cun even launch that ball back to the tee wor... keke.

But tat's really dangerous as well neh.
Scary... wat if kenna that group of people.. dieeeeeeee..

Sometimes people just duno that the flight in front is waiting for another flight infront of them. Usually, it feels as if the front flight is taking their own sweet time to hit their balls...

Anyway, REX IS MY IDOL!!! Very Happy
Woooo hoooo!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will you be pissed if ....   Will you be pissed if .... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will you be pissed if ....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next