Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I got my PC today, what's next?

Go down 
+6
garfield
sunny
Shwong2003
golfjoy
mloy
goGoffy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
goGoffy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

I got my PC today, what's next? Empty
PostSubject: I got my PC today, what's next?   I got my PC today, what's next? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:39 pm

I got my PC issued by BCA after playing 9-hole at the Mandai executive club. It is part of the package. I am still not confident with my driver. Throughout the game I used only the 7-iron, putter and pitiching wedge. What should I do next towards my goal of getting a handicap other than practice and practice at the range.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: I got my PC today, what's next?   I got my PC today, what's next? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:20 am

goGoffy wrote:
I got my PC issued by BCA after playing 9-hole at the Mandai executive club. It is part of the package. I am still not confident with my driver. Throughout the game I used only the 7-iron, putter and pitiching wedge. What should I do next towards my goal of getting a handicap other than practice and practice at the range.

Hi goGoffy, congrats! A first step to a challenging sport.

Can't you apply through BCA for a handicap test after your pc? Your next move would be to practice at the range and at the golf course to get a feel of the game (that is if you have not been to the course before). Btw what does BCSA stands for? Are they a club or some golf society?
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I got my PC today, what's next?   I got my PC today, what's next? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:41 am

mloy, so fast ah?!!? Razz tsk tsk tsk .... Laughing

goGoffy, gongxi gongxi!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Shwong2003
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I got my PC today, what's next?   I got my PC today, what's next? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:35 am

In my opinion, try to play alot more on the green to improve. Try playing in Malaysia courses on weekdays with 1-2 experience players. You will pick up pointers from them. Malaysia courses are less pack than SG ones, so you will have a better time. Emjoy the game.
Back to top Go down
goGoffy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I got my PC today, what's next?   I got my PC today, what's next? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:21 am

The PC was issued by BGA Golf Network registered in Bukit Batok where CDANS is. Do you have any recommendation of specific courses that I can play or a place where I can meet other players for practice. Do I have to join a club to get my handicap. If not from where do I get my handicap.

That's quite a lot already. I really appreciate your suggestions.

Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: I got my PC today, what's next?   I got my PC today, what's next? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:39 am

You need 5 scorecards for a hdp test. Just join us for some games and you will be on your way soon
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
garfield
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
garfield

Location : Latitude: 1º22´ North of the Equator, Longitude: 103º48´ East of Greenwich

PostSubject: Re: I got my PC today, what's next?   I got my PC today, what's next? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:51 pm

goGoffy wrote:
The PC was issued by BGA Golf Network registered in Bukit Batok where CDANS is. Do you have any recommendation of specific courses that I can play or a place where I can meet other players for practice. Do I have to join a club to get my handicap. If not from where do I get my handicap.

That's quite a lot already. I really appreciate your suggestions.

"Only PC holders with PCs issued by SGA associated and affiliated local golf clubs are allowed to play in MBGC (please refer to www.sga.org.sg for the full list). They are allowed to play on weekdays before 2.00pm only, subject to booking and availability of tee times. PCs issued by other golf academies/entities/bodies will not be recognized by MBGC. There shall be no more than two (2) PC holders in each flight." - Quotation from MBGC website

As you can see, there is quite a fair bit of restriction on PC holders and the pace of play (locally) is fast, it can be a stressful outing.

Most courses in JB don't impose strict ruling on handicap, so anyone can play there. However, as long as you observe basic golf etiquettes such as allowing faster flight behind to overtake you etc, you will be fine.

Keep a look out in this forum for weekend getaway. Join the flights available. The people here are nice. Welcome

Handicap test
Typically, the handicap test will include
a) a theory test on Rules of Golf
b) courtesy round where you play 9-holes. (9 Holes: Within 53 strokes for Men & within 58 strokes for Ladies.)
c) Submit 5 x 18-holes score card

Since you are issued with a PC from BGA network, they are in a position to issue you with a USGA handicap index. Why don't you check with them on the requirement and the fee?

Happy golfing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I got my PC today, what's next?   I got my PC today, what's next? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Mandai is a good training spot, can play solo and any day. no need to book or chio ppl to play. No need to prepare much. If u play during the 'off peak' timing (lunch time...but also very hot!!! good for conditioning), if nobody behind you, you can 'practice' a few more hits.

2 hole can tee up the driver or even the 3 wood off the deck. Walk a bit, drop a ball and practice the hybrid. The par 3s can practice the short and long irons. while walking towards the hole, can drop a ball and practice the delicate 30-40m chip. Got "over the water" hole, elevated hole, dogleg ........

All provided there is nobody behind you....it would be terrible if there is a flight behind watching you hit many balls. Sometimes i will just let them pass if there is nobody behind them. Even if you stuck behind them, the previous green can practice chipping and flop shots etc.

MBGC can play all PC flight (played before), just they will keep a close eye on your flight for the first 9 holes (also before hand a prep talk).....expect to be asked to skip a one or two holes even ur flight show a slight delay. We just submit all the names (all PC- but all from the MBCG school) and they accept it with no questions.
Back to top Go down
dkk
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
dkk

PostSubject: Re: I got my PC today, what's next?   I got my PC today, what's next? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:10 pm

After i got my PC from CDAN i threw it away. Go JB doesnt need any PC or HCP at all.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I got my PC today, what's next?   I got my PC today, what's next? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:22 pm

WAH !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
zixter
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I got my PC today, what's next?   I got my PC today, what's next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:08 am

Mandai, NSRCC, JCC for training =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got my PC today, what's next?   I got my PC today, what's next? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got my PC today, what's next?
Page 1 of 1