Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Golf places in Bangkok?

Go down 
+6
slinger
Tituman
G_Man
Master
Khorkar
apSG
10 posters
AuthorMessage
apSG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
apSG

Best Golf places in Bangkok? Empty
PostSubject: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:27 am

Heading to land of smiles this May Day holiday, anyone got recommendation for good golfing places in BKK???

Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:30 am

BKK many golf courses.... What's yr budget? How many golfers? What is yr logistics as transportations?
Back to top Go down
apSG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
apSG

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:31 am

Still in the midst of planning.

2 Balls, self drive !!!
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:45 am

self drive there are many courses within 1 hours distance from central BKK... I think main problem is after getting off the highway, there are many roads which you have to turn here and there etc...

u can try BRC, lam luk ka, muang keaw...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:52 am

Lum Lukka is a good course. I like it alot. Try to go there during Sports day which is Tuesday. this when you get cheapest rates.

Another is Royal Thai. I find Bangkapong good and the greens is rather fast. But some folks may not like the course.
Back to top Go down
apSG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
apSG

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:54 am

Thanks for the inputs.
Can I check What are the green fees like?
Back to top Go down
G_Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
G_Man

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:58 am

Unless you are really really familiar with the outskirts of BKK, I would recommend against a self drive.

But as Mr Bates has mentioned. the list of good golf courses is fantastic...

Muang Keaw: Fairly long, wide fareways. Flat course. Bunker well positioned...
Played there recently... Playing Kaki found bunkers on 11 out of 18 holes.

Lam Lu Ka, Water... .. moderately long, Nice course. Caskata is very similar and is just next door...

Amarta Springs: A must play if you can get a flight: Its a members only course... but you can try to book; as you could be intending on buying membership... :p

Try www.thailandgolfing.com for more info...

Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:22 am

Green fees depending on the courses that you play. It can range from 500 to 3000B. Lum Lukka is about 1200B with walking. Add 600-700B for buggy. Tips for caddy 200B.

http://www.thaigolfer.com/courses/review.phtml

Rating with 2.5 above is pretty decent courses.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Green fees depending on the courses that you play. It can range from 500 to 3000B. Lum Lukka is about 1200B with walking. Add 600-700B for buggy. Tips for caddy 200B.

KK, it seems you are a Bangkok King here so must ask you for advice. I am going for a short holiday with my wife from 2nd to 5th April in Bangkok. My wife says I can have a round of golf while there. Any issue of playing single and not too far from Bangkok? Your expertise is required here. Thank you so much.

titu
Back to top Go down
G_Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
G_Man

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Tituman wrote:
Khorkar wrote:

KK, it seems you are a Bangkok King here so must ask you for advice. I am going for a short holiday with my wife from 2nd to 5th April in Bangkok. My wife says I can have a round of golf while there. Any issue of playing single and not too far from Bangkok? Your expertise is required here. Thank you so much.

titu

Dont fall into the trap bro... they all say that... then its hours of nagging: "how could you leave me alone like that??? you should have known this trip was important to me.... etc etc"
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:24 pm

G_Man wrote:
Tituman wrote:
Khorkar wrote:

titu

Dont fall into the trap bro... they all say that... then its hours of nagging: "how could you leave me alone like that??? you should have known this trip was important to me.... etc etc"

titu, i agree with gman..... its a test, dun fall for it lol!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Cannot agree more with G_man... either you go with the boys or just go there with mrs and stay with her all the time... if not, you will get some serious smacking.... ha ha ha

Look on the bright side, when you pass the test, you will have many good days of uninterrupted golfing......
Back to top Go down
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:57 pm

OT abit, but still on bangkok. I heading there for holiday on the 8th April. Anywhere i can get Golf stuff in Bangkok?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:06 pm

G_Man wrote:
Tituman wrote:
Khorkar wrote:

titu

Ha ha, tks G Man, Slinger and KK. Will heed your advices... *Lun ah* lol! There are more golfing days ahead though the Lum Luk Ka Course sounds so tempting with waters nearly everywhere on nearly every hole....sigh. Ok, just go and enjoy the shoppings and foods there lor.
Anyway, this trip was diverted from Fukuoka due to the unforeseen circumstances due to the troubled Japanese affairs. Still got June period to Aussie Land and followed by Barcelona in Sept and then Dec US....wah llan eh...BK soon liao. Wanted to tell wife you take the kids there yourself and I save the money spent on me and then I could sneak out for golf everyday alone in Singapore. Sure saved a lot of moolahs that way. But in the end, really realised that no balls to suggest my ideas...ha hahahhahahha ROFL ROFL ROFL

titu
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:25 pm

My last trip there, I played in in Lum Lukka course B and D. I was told that they just had a Thai Tour event there over the weekend. Total yards were 6800, and the rough were at least 3-4 in thick.....on green side... The green speed was about 11ish.... To me it was challenging just to even play on yellow...
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:27 pm

hoppie wrote:
OT abit, but still on bangkok. I heading there for holiday on the 8th April. Anywhere i can get Golf stuff in Bangkok?

can go to Taniya plaza...
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:13 pm

My personal favourite golf course in BKK is:
Thai Country Club
followed closely by:
President's Golf Club

For shopping of golf stuff, it's definitely Plaza Thaniya (near Patpong) or Super Sports at Central World.
Back to top Go down
starchball
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 am

going there next week to phuket, any place to reco?
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:05 am

The famous 5 storeys of golf: Thaniya Plaza

http://www.thebangkokshoppingguide.com/golf_shops_bangkok
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:06 am

U can go buy rubber belt come back to sell!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Golf places in Bangkok?   Best Golf places in Bangkok? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Golf places in Bangkok?
Page 1 of 1