Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How often do you change your golf shoes spikes?

Go down 
+6
alvin7379
Genesis
r510tp
iron eagle
mizzy
renode
10 posters
AuthorMessage
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

How often do you change your golf shoes spikes? Empty
PostSubject: How often do you change your golf shoes spikes?   How often do you change your golf shoes spikes? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 11:23 pm

Just wondering how often do you all replace your golf shoe spikes? Do you replace them at a constant interval or do you replace them when they are worn throughout only ?

I was replacing my golf shoe spikes (adidas tour 360 3.0) when i realised it wasn't easy even if using the wrench from the replacement spikes pack. I ended up breaking some of the holes where the wrench is fitted in, and the spike still wouldn't budge. I reckon it's probably due to the debris stuck inside.

Anyone experienced the same thing ?
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: How often do you change your golf shoes spikes?   How often do you change your golf shoes spikes? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 11:26 pm

if u don't replace them, at least take them out to clean regularly. mine a few stuck permanently already.. sigh..
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How often do you change your golf shoes spikes?   How often do you change your golf shoes spikes? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 11:56 pm

mizzy wrote:
if u don't replace them, at least take them out to clean regularly. mine a few stuck permanently already.. sigh..

When u purchased a pair of new golf shoes best is remove all the spike and apply grease on it, so that the next time you want to change new spike u'll hv no problem!

My 2 cents worth and experience with golf without applying grease on it!
Back to top Go down
r510tp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How often do you change your golf shoes spikes?   How often do you change your golf shoes spikes? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:13 am

WD-40 work wonders!

Or you can soak the soles in hot water before trying to remove them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Genesis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How often do you change your golf shoes spikes?   How often do you change your golf shoes spikes? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:45 am

average 3 times a year.

after each game , it is best you wash and brush to remove soil . Bro r510tp method should work well also.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: How often do you change your golf shoes spikes?   How often do you change your golf shoes spikes? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:08 pm

heavy duty pliers helps... What a Face

Just use a bit more of the left-over milk strength... sure come out... I meant the spikes...
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: How often do you change your golf shoes spikes?   How often do you change your golf shoes spikes? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:35 pm

Usually after every round, I make sure I go wash off dirt around the cleats so that mud dun get stuck into them. Makes removing the cleats easier later.

One thing interest me - anyone can share if spikeless shoes (like the ecco one) is more than ok on the course as compared to spike shoes? (sorry bro Renode - digress a bit).
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: How often do you change your golf shoes spikes?   How often do you change your golf shoes spikes? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:15 pm

i started some thread before on this.....

gggrrr..... no one uses the search function anymore...
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: How often do you change your golf shoes spikes?   How often do you change your golf shoes spikes? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:36 pm

samT wrote:
One thing interest me - anyone can share if spikeless shoes (like the ecco one) is more than ok on the course as compared to spike shoes? (sorry bro Renode - digress a bit).
What do you mean more than okay for the course?

I have used the Ecco shoes and it holds up well on the green stuff but once you get into the sand, it doesn't grip as well i find. You can try looking at True Linkswear which is also another spikeless shoe but the sole configuration is what makes the difference, it has a mixture of blade like and square grippers on the bottom which makes playing outta of bunkers better which i feel is a better golf shoe versus the Ecco ones

Ashworth is planning on launching a spikeless shoe this season. Looks similar to the Ecco's.
You can also consider Kikkor Golf, their new range still has spikes but its actually fused to the sole to provide a lower CG look on the shoe... The new range of Kikkor has said goodbye to the Skate Shoe styling.

Kikkor Golf is also looking at launching a spikeless shoe in 2012. Look out for it if your still in the market for a golf shoe then
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: How often do you change your golf shoes spikes?   How often do you change your golf shoes spikes? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:40 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
i started some thread before on this.....

gggrrr..... no one uses the search function anymore...

Thats why.. you started mah.... thats why no continuation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How often do you change your golf shoes spikes?   How often do you change your golf shoes spikes? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How often do you change your golf shoes spikes?
Page 1 of 1