Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??

Go down 
+5
fabulous
hardballs
supra
Technospaz
Duval_S
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? Empty
PostSubject: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:16 pm

So, before my favorite event which is the President Cup, we have the Solheim cup.......( why fav....becos my 2 fav players...VJ and Goosen....some people say that the way I put the ball on the tee, fm certain angle, I mirror their style...)

I do not know why...but everytime USA play against somebody else...be it Ryder or what.....I always root for the others?

I tried to explain to myself....could it be that I watch too much PGA, could it be that I just like the underdog???? donno le...

So....how....any like me?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:55 pm

I'm with you on this one, DS. I think there's something about the arrogance of the PGA tour which makes me want to root for the others. I'm not saying I dislike PGA players from the USA but I feel that the "underdogs" need the support.
Back to top Go down
supra
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:17 am

Technospaz wrote:
I'm with you on this one, DS. I think there's something about the arrogance of the PGA tour which makes me want to root for the others. I'm not saying I dislike PGA players from the USA but I feel that the "underdogs" need the support.

In general if I root for the underdogs, the winnings or returns on the bets are rewarding. Which do you prefer? Winning on odds 1-5 betting on Tiger or 16-1 on Yang. I guess its in my blood to root for the underdogs then.

Seriously, if one belongs to the minority, one would root for the underdogs especially in golfing where arrogance surfeits especially among the privileged US PGA players and predominantly white media. Sadly to say this.

Tiger blazed the way for minority, we should be thankful. Its only when we have more Asian male golfers like Yang and Vijay winning titles then hopefully we don't have this racial divide.

You expressed it cogently about 'arrogance' which all of us find contemptible.
Back to top Go down
hardballs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
hardballs

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:47 am

Given there are more Americans in the top ranks of both the PGA and LPGA and they receive greater exposure in the media, because most americans prefer to hear about their own kind, leads many US commentators to presume and suggest to their viewers that they should win every team event. Add their style of supporting their team which is generally louder and more aggressive than most cultures leads non-Americans to support for whoever opposes them. I, for one, hope the Europeans win the Solheim and the Internationals win the President's cup. Come on Greg's boys!
Back to top Go down
fabulous
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fabulous

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 3:30 pm

ha..ha.hardballs you staying in Singapore to long.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:23 am

I only support AK
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:29 am

chocoman wrote:
I only support AK

And Christina Kim!
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:42 am

i watched her on solheim cup.

she lost weight liao!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:48 am

the tv coverage of the solheim cup sucks! if they need to blanko so much of the footage, why bother with live telecast...
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:49 am

2nd class mah
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:49 pm

chocoman wrote:

I think she looks better before. There was a personality about her which came with her looks. That said, she's a great golfer and full of character.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:50 pm

Technospaz wrote:
chocoman wrote:

I think she looks better before. There was a personality about her which came with her looks. That said, she's a great golfer and full of character.

if u ask me choose gulbis or her...

i'd choose HER Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:51 pm

chocoman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
chocoman wrote:

if u ask me choose gulbis or her...

i'd choose HER Laughing

C. Kim or L. Davies?
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:53 pm

i think if judo with L. davies..

she can bungkus u home in 15 seconds...

i dun dare
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:02 pm

chocoman wrote:
i think if judo with L. davies..

she can bungkus u home in 15 seconds...

i dun dare

I say 10 seconds... She scares me.

Anyway, I'm rooting for Europe on the Solheim Cup.
Back to top Go down
fabulous
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fabulous

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:25 pm

i didnt know both of u like ba ba type affraid
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:00 pm

fabulous wrote:

What's the "ba ba type?"
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:28 pm

Technospaz wrote:
fabulous wrote:

What's the "ba ba type?"
I think hor 'ba ba' means 'bak bak' means 'wide-body' type
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:32 am

I always support the underdogs cos the americans are way too arrogance.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:35 am

People,

Its great to know who you all are supporting. Although this is a local Singaporean forum, there are Americans and other nationalities reading this forum so I suggest you guys be mindful of your comments.

Rgds
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:40 am

i love them all...

regardless of their nationalities...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??   USA vs. others.....is it me or just me?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

USA vs. others.....is it me or just me??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.