Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews)

Go down 
+2
TheFocalPoint
scholes25
6 posters
AuthorMessage
scholes25
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews) Empty
PostSubject: Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews)   Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:56 am

Hi Everyone,

My first post in Golf republic.
Will be heading down to Bangkok in Dec, planning to play at the above mentioned course.
But I read some negative reviews abt the course regarding human traffic and maintenence.
I was wondering if anyone in this forum has any expereince in playing this course.
Would appreciate any advice.
And also, is it very far from the city?
Easy to go to MBK or Paragon after the game.

Thanks for reading my thread
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews)   Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:00 pm

I played there during my Bachelor Weekend.. ahahhaa.. don't need to go into details about that...

It's a pretty forgiving course, with very friendly caddies. Condition was good for walking and greens were fairly receptive. Took about 35 min from city with traffic not an issue.
I think you will find a lot of more senior players on this course, cuz it's sort of like a 'feel good' course.

They say on Thursday nights, the local university girls are caddies, and the possibilities are endless. Wink Wink

I played Tuesday morning and my caddy was a 55 year old lady who looked 80. Go figure. Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews)   Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:05 pm

"They say on Thursday nights, the local university girls are caddies, and the possibilities are endless"

So after night golf.......still got 'night' golf. Razz
Back to top Go down
scholes25
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews)   Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Hhahahha!!!
Thanks for the very prompt replies!!!
I am supoosed to bring my wife along...
Are you guys suggesting that I should not bring her along???
HAHAHHA!!!!!

Thank you once again for the feedback... really appreciate it....
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews)   Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Bring wife to bangkok? ahhahahaaaa... er.. ookkaaaaayyyyyyyy
Back to top Go down
scholes25
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews)   Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:05 pm

hahhaha....
That is a great response!!!!!
Your advice is greatly apprciated!!!!
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews)   Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:29 pm

scholes25 wrote:
Hhahahha!!!
Thanks for the very prompt replies!!!
I am supoosed to bring my wife along...
Are you guys suggesting that I should not bring her along???
HAHAHHA!!!!!

Thank you once again for the feedback... really appreciate it....

eeeerrrr...dont mean to be rude but......why bring sand to the beach?????
Back to top Go down
Moonfruit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Moonfruit

PostSubject: Re: Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews)   Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:39 am

Pinehurst is a forgettable course, and forget about playing at the weekends.

They are one of the few courses who don't turn people away, so you can end up taking 6 hours to get around.

That is also the good thing about it... it you dont have a tee time booked and are looking for a game with your buddies near to town, then Pinehurst is your place. Just make sure you know what to expect and enjoy a few cans of beer on your way around.

Night golf is interesting, but forget about 18 holes if you play any other night than Sunday. I walked off the course after 9 holes took 5 hours. Dont forget that this is evening entertainment, not golf and you will be ok.

Caddies are mostly from the universities around, not just on Thursdays, but every evenning and weekend. This is one of the courses where i would not bing my wife.

For golfing with the wife this is the last place you should come. For a fun afternoon out with the caddies and your buddies, then its worth a look.
Back to top Go down
scholes25
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews)   Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 1:35 am

hi everyone, just back from my bangkok trip, played at 2 places. Pinehurst on sat, tee off 1130am,... 5 balls, and at riverdale, tee off 1230pm, 3balls.
My thoughts on Pinehurst.
Very homely and very friendly course. not strict, 5balls one flight no prob..... Greens were very very fast! Some pretty difficult holes. Caddies were amazingly pretty, charming and friendly! Though there were a lot of golfers but we still finish 18holes within 5 hours, including a 20min lunch break. I think having one buggy per ball speeds up play really fast. Caddies were quite knowledgeable. There were free cold drinks all the ttime. My caddy even prepared ice for my drinks. Overall, great service, great company, great fun at Pinehurst!
Back to top Go down
scholes25
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews)   Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 1:43 am

oth, riverdale was totally a different experience. At first glance, a very well maintained and modern course. for those who have played at horizon hills, it looks almost the same. Very strict, didn't allow 5 balls, Caddies were not very friendly, not very good, not very knowledgeable. greens were very slow. Very windy course too... End of the day, a cold-feeling, modern course that lacks charm. Even though I had a lower score at riverdale, but I would still prefer Pinehurst any time.....
Back to top Go down
bigsplash
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews)   Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:35 pm

last post in 2010... looks like i got alot of catching up to do

playing this course over the weekend, sunday night to be exact

hopefully the legacy lives on....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews)   Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pine Hurst Golf and Country Club, Bangkok (Any reviews)
Page 1 of 1