Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Body suit or sleeves

Go down 
+9
TObe
kiwigolfa
jimmychoo
iron eagle
ocp23
ringrain_78
poresia
Batman
smallhorse
13 posters
AuthorMessage
smallhorse
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Body suit or sleeves Empty
PostSubject: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:02 pm

I am beginning to see alot of golfers wearing white body suit and a golf shirt to play on the greens.
I am tempted, but the price of these are really expensive.

So, any golfers out there can share their thots and personal experiences.
Example. 4 days 3 nights golf trip. Can these tahan so many days, its not like in army with 1 set of change.

1. Can these "undergarments" help protect sun, no smell. no sweat and hugs your body so that the muscle are relax and that you can do better (so says the description on the box).

2. Golf sleeves "stockings". Any different in these as well?

The main reason for this post, is that I do not want to wear something that is sticky and sweaty after the game, so pointers will be great. wonders why I love this sport?
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:17 pm

I guess its down to personal preference. Weather in this part of the world is hot n humid enuf. So for me I go for arm socks. Way easier to 'handle'.

I have seen pple taking off e suit after 9-holes. Reason? Too hot.

So, save the $ for balls! Haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:49 pm

after i tried the compression suits, now i cant play without it.

personally, i feel good wearing it to play. no more sticky sun block on my hands!

dun think sleeves help much except no need to apply sun block on hands n prevent burnt hands.

if u hv friends going to USA, ask them to buy suits from this brand, "Under Armour". Only USD30.00 if buy fm Factory Outlets.

Works as well as those expensive suits.

Back to top Go down
smallhorse
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Batman wrote:
I guess its down to personal preference. Weather in this part of the world is hot n humid enuf. So for me I go for arm socks. Way easier to 'handle'.

I have seen pple taking off e suit after 9-holes. Reason? Too hot.

So, save the $ for balls! Haha Very Happy

Yea. I was pondering about this as well.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
smallhorse
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:54 pm

poresia wrote:
after i tried the compression suits, now i cant play without it.

personally, i feel good wearing it to play. no more sticky sun block on my hands!

dun think sleeves help much except no need to apply sun block on hands n prevent burnt hands.

if u hv friends going to USA, ask them to buy suits from this brand, "Under Armour". Only USD30.00 if buy fm Factory Outlets.

Works as well as those expensive suits.

Great info. Thanks!
Just need to be sure that I will enjoy wearing this. Its not like selling a used golf clubs. which I can resell. It's just weird thinking about selling it later.
Back to top Go down
ringrain_78
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:27 pm

I'm wearing a compression suit as well which I bought at below US$30 from eBay. No brand name but works for me.

What I like about the suit is that it really wicks the sweat away and I feel dry and not sweaty, sticky at all, even after 18 holes...

But I must admit, I'm not the type that will sweat buckets even under the afternoon sun.
Back to top Go down
ocp23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Personally, both are good. I started using sleeve and I love it - save the hassle from applying sun block on the hands/arms.

Then when I see people wearing skin, I also tried (a cheaper version from Gmarket). Thereafter I never look back. I will always wear one. The benefits include:
- UV protection
- keeps the body cool (similar to the dri-fit and climate cool effect).
- I feel more in control of my swing with the compression effect

The material of the sleeve and shirt is important. Not all have UV protection.
Back to top Go down
smallhorse
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 3:16 pm

ocp23 wrote:
Personally, both are good. I started using sleeve and I love it - save the hassle from applying sun block on the hands/arms.

Then when I see people wearing skin, I also tried (a cheaper version from Gmarket). Thereafter I never look back. I will always wear one. The benefits include:
- UV protection
- keeps the body cool (similar to the dri-fit and climate cool effect).
- I feel more in control of my swing with the compression effect

The material of the sleeve and shirt is important. Not all have UV protection.

The UV protection will go away after a few washes ya?
Mind if I ask, what is the lifespan of these skins/compression suits? especially if we take for granted UV protection. I use sunblock more when it comes to preventing skin cancer. then again, its all about moderation in application.

Apologise on these questions. Am very keen to try out one, but this is not like buying underwear. No like can throw or sell type. lol

Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:28 pm

I bought 2 Skins white and black, you have to believe in their sizing of your body,
Lets say my chest measure 40 inch around your nipple equal M size, you take M size,
no mistake! I use it for Golfing and cycling damn good! really works, no body ache or tireness.

I bought another black 2XU body compression from Australia thru Website sale,
total cost me S$80.00 and someone like my sister hand carry for me to SG.

Nowadays I can't go without it especially cycling & golfing in the extremely hot sun!

Skins White Compresssion turns Yellow after using it for a short while, so black is a better choice.
Not sure if this will be under warranty issue, material defects. In the sun turn yellowish!

cheers

Last edited by iron eagle on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:19 pm

I have tried 2 brand, Skin and 2XU compression suit. I like both of them.
If you're looking for a more lasting one, go for 2XU.
If you're looking for a much comfortable one, go for Skin.

If you're looking for a cheap one, try this at only US$12.99 + shipping cost.

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/reebok-play-dry-compression-top.html

After you tried, tell us whether it's good or not. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kiwigolfa
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 2:58 pm

I use Under Armour compression heatgear in warm & humid climates. Can't say enough about it... I love it.

Definately give something like this a try
Back to top Go down
ocp23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:22 pm

The UV protection will go away after a few washes ya?
Mind if I ask, what is the lifespan of these skins/compression suits? especially if we take for granted UV protection. I use sunblock more when it comes to preventing skin cancer. then again, its all about moderation in application.

Apologise on these questions. Am very keen to try out one, but this is not like buying underwear. No like can throw or sell type. lol

[/quote]

I am not sure whether UV protection will wear away or not from washing. Cant really verify. As the materials are opaque and I dont see any tan vs if I were to go without....I suppose it still works. But do note that the "dri-fit" technology does require some care such as using mild washing detergent and no softerner.
Back to top Go down
TObe
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TObe

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:33 am

HI there, i think you try a low risk trial by buying a cheaper one from G-Market first (this is a product sales website, just google it). They have a brand called superfeaturing.

I bought the long sleeves for golf and think its not bad (and very cheap, ard S$26). My younger bro now buys the short sleeves and sleeveless for basketball and other sports too.

so i guess u can try one at a low cost first and decide if u like it or not.

hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Yup....I am on the one from Superfeaturing.......cheap and good.

Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:41 pm

the compression on the suerfeaturing really works?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:54 pm

hmm......well, I have not tried 2XU or Skins yet so can't really compare.

But the Superfeaturing one keeps me from getting sunburnt on my arm, keeps me warm in early morning tee-offs, does not give me the clingy feeling. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brendanzhuo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:31 pm

wat about those ones from mizuno, adidas and nike? are those really good? i tink i need something to keep my body feeling dry cos i can sweat quite a lot..
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 6:24 pm

nike sleeve is quite thick, good for wiping sweat, a bit warm though (maybe cause mine is black) but feel better with it than without......its also not tight (not so much for compression) but i am quite large and Skins XXL is a bit too small for me ( i need US/Euro standard XXL)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Body suit or sleeves   Body suit or sleeves I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Body suit or sleeves
Page 1 of 1