Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!

Go down 
+6
X-Man
mloy
Birdman
asahi
pushslice
eiji
10 posters
AuthorMessage
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! Empty
PostSubject: Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!   Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:32 pm

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term exam. The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well...

Here is the "Bonus Question" on the exam: "Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?"

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.

With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and

pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added. This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa (a girlfriend of mine during my Freshman year) that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you", and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.

The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct...leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A."
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!   Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:26 pm

Amen to that brudder...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!   Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:09 am

May he 'scores' more often.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!   Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:28 am

So Mloy's middle name is Teresa and she is sleeping with a student who majors in chemistry from the University of Washington? ROFL
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!   Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:34 am

she was from St Theresa~
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!   Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 1:21 am

Birdman wrote:
So Mloy's middle name is Teresa and she is sleeping with a student who majors in chemistry from the University of Washington? ROFL

Sorry hor, my middle name IS Monica.
eiji, can't sleep ah still talking about my OMG OMG!!!!! Anyway its an awesome statement. cheers
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

PostSubject: Re: Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!   Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 2:41 am

Hey eiji

that was very enlightening... hmmm what happens to those who are free thinkers?
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!   Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:59 am

X-Man wrote:
Hey eiji

No man's land? *grin*
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!   Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 10:27 am

X-Man wrote:
Hey eiji

they go to hell for not believing.
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!   Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:53 pm

No leh. As stated hell already frozen and not accepting souls. Regardless of beliefs we all got to heaven!!
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!   Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Hiye all !

Whoa ... I can still hear it till now ! ever lingering from Kranji ....

omg OMG omg !
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!   Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:20 am

JawereZ wrote:
Hiye all !

Whoa ... I can still hear it till now ! ever lingering from Kranji ....

omg OMG omg !

Wah bro, can see you still very traumatized since the kranji game. lol!

Especially when the game was so long ago.
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!   Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:56 pm

Only GOD knows what had happen to me .... ! lolz
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!   Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:38 pm

this is the night when the OMG OMG started...

Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! 73502_448520348525_101922288525_5464079_2652991_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!   Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Mloy exclaims Oh My God Oh My God!
Page 1 of 1