Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For the Zero-Friction Fans

Go down 
+11
Birdman
slinger
Elysium
weaponx
Duval_S
bomby
weesern
JL_chong
Tituman
Agumon
mUAr_cHEe
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

For the Zero-Friction Fans Empty
PostSubject: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:15 am

Are these out in Singapore yet?

For the Zero-Friction Fans 5030391739_2d7c83aa68
DSCN2751 by mUAr_cHEe, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:09 am

i know someone who might hv them.. u want?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:30 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Are these out in Singapore yet?

For the Zero-Friction Fans 5030391739_2d7c83aa68
DSCN2751 by mUAr_cHEe, on Flickr

MC, you can just drop in at Isetan at Scott and go to their Golf Section. Think belong to Transview if I am not wrong. You can buy all you want. Just bought it. One are made of wood which breaks quite easily but the colored ones are made of synthetic plastic which is biodegradable. This one last longer. The Birchwood are in packs of 75s and the colored in packs of 50s. Both selling at $12 per pack. Have bought both and tried. Just for your info.

titu
Back to top Go down
JL_chong
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
JL_chong

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:45 am

The wooden type got shorter ones? tks in advance.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:08 am

does it really make a difference?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:19 am

JL_chong wrote:

I seen only the 2 3/4 and the 3 1/4 ". The 2 3/4 " is perfect for the driver , in my opinion.

JL, you can used those broken ones from your games and used it for irons or woods tee off. If not, just broken your good ones to the height you prefer. Solves the problem Idea

titu
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:12 am

I am also using these.. in white.. also bought during the last Istan Scott Golf sales.

Difference.. cannot really feel it.. but it looks nice.. and I was out of tees anyways... cyclops
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 11:14 am

I think, that if one wants to get distance, then the zero friction tees will play a key role

But if one wants to lay-up on a certain hole, then maybe the tradisional one will suffice....
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:04 pm

oh... these are out in singapore already? i just bought them in Guam for under US$8 each pack..

the greens plastic ones are out in singapore already? really?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:13 pm

its not difference. it is just personal preference.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Ya MC out quite sometime already. At least 6 months ago. I bought them then. Not much difference compare to Guam. Yours work out to be around S$10.80 with no shipping. Here cost $12. So its quite insignificant in prices comparison.
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:31 pm

golf punk sg gave these as freebies in their mag many many months back... used it a few times, but for some reason, ball keeps falling off.. rather annoying...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Quote :
weaponx wrote:
golf punk sg gave these as freebies in their mag many many months back... used it a few times, but for some reason, ball keeps falling off.. rather annoying...

guess tats why they call it zero fiction
Back to top Go down
JL_chong
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
JL_chong

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:41 pm

Tituman wrote:
JL_chong wrote:

I seen only the 2 3/4 and the 3 1/4 ". The 2 3/4 " is perfect for the driver , in my opinion.

JL, you can used those broken ones from your games and used it for irons or woods tee off. If not, just broken your good ones to the height you prefer. Solves the problem Idea

titu
Yah, tat's wat i usually do to my current long wooden ones... but tot if have short ones, save effort and maybe save money also... :p
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:48 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
weaponx wrote:

LOL.. can u imagine u waggle a bit.. the wind effect, and the ball drops?! i had to put the ball back a couple of times! kena suan by flight mates leh...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:22 pm

golf punk did not give out the real zero frictions.... some other brand...
Back to top Go down
Elysium
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:31 pm

weaponx wrote:
Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
weaponx wrote:

LOL.. can u imagine u waggle a bit.. the wind effect, and the ball drops?! i had to put the ball back a couple of times! kena suan by flight mates leh...

Same thing happened to me. I'm using the same tees from Golf Greedy as well as the ones with the disc that let you set the height of the tee.
Gotta be as vertical as possible when you plant the tee, if not its an extremely frustrating time just getting the ball to sit on the tee.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:42 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:

gero frictions???
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:58 pm

When I see these huge pack of tees, 50 for $12, I remember when they had K-Mart in Lucky Plaza and it was closing down, they had 100 in a pack selling for just 80 cents. What a Face

I grabbed quite a few bags cos I always broke my tees with every drive, lasted me years. They must have been K-ro frictions. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:00 pm

I quite chiak lak....my C& G approach is to apply some grease on the tip,..and then call it my version of zero friction....

hahahah
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:06 pm

Bro, grease very messy, use KY, then truly biodegradable like the tees ma... ROFL

Some more got dual purpose in case your caddy is a XMM.

She ask you what you applying to your tees, then you just show her demonstration alpha lor. Face Hug
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:07 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:33 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:

im quite sure they were... cos i went to google them after getting it...
in any case, they looked identical!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:40 pm

weaponx wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

im quite sure they were... cos i went to google them after getting it...
in any case, they looked identical!

I talked to one of them at one of their club demo days. They admitted theirs not original Zero Friction.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:43 pm

Darn.....now even golf tees also got imitation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Zero-Friction Fans   For the Zero-Friction Fans I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the Zero-Friction Fans
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next