Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts

Go down 
+2
Yarra
JonL_TK
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts Empty
PostSubject: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Yeah... UST looking to release a high spinning wedge shaft!!!
Problem is that the shaft is graphite but with a silver plating to make it look like steel...

Nonetheless a pretty looking shaft...
Wonder how these will stack up against the KBS Hi Rev or DG Spinner

UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts Post-310

UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts Post-311

UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts Post-312

UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts Post-313
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:36 pm

It's a 125 grams shaft so I imagine it will feel like a steel shaft weight-wise. The question is: will it behave and feel like a steel shaft in play? I doubt...
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Yarra wrote:
It's a 125 grams shaft so I imagine it will feel like a steel shaft weight-wise. The question is: will it behave and feel like a steel shaft in play? I doubt...
Do i read as "Experiment Time"???? hahaha
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:45 pm

u tell us .. Mr. Lord
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:47 pm

maybe if Lord tip the shaft to 25 inch, it will feel like a steel shaft.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:47 pm

Trying to get my hands on one of these, also on the ACCRA wedge shaft.

I have got a BG Spinner shaft. Testing on the range shows it is much better than the Rifle Spinner I've been playing for so long, knocked it out of my bag! Condition of testing: same head, same length, same swing weight but different total weight as the DG Spinner is (and feels) much heavier than the Rifle Spinner.

On a side note: I am going to get my hands on the Aldila NV RIP, it is an early prototype version (reportedly only 16 of them exists) in 65X untipped. Expecting it sometimes next week or first week of October at the latest. Wink
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:50 pm

Yarra wrote:

I have got a BG Spinner shaft. Testing on the range shows it is much better than the Rifle Spinner I've been playing for so long, knocked it out of my bag! Condition of testing: same head, same length, same swing weight but different total weight as the DG Spinner is (and feels) much heavier than the Rifle Spinner.

On a side note: I am going to get my hands on the Aldila NV RIP, it is an early prototype version (reportedly only 16 of them exists) in 65X untipped. Expecting it sometimes next week or first week of October at the latest. Wink

Good Luck trying to play the 65X Rip... They are stout and i feel they play stronger than their specs!
Got a RIP 60s which thinking of swapping out the K in the 9064 to replacing it with the RIP...

Btw, have you tried the Apollo Hump shafts? Rumors has it that True Temper copied the design
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:55 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
Yarra wrote:

Good Luck trying to play the 65X Rip... They are stout and i feel they play stronger than their specs!
Got a RIP 60s which thinking of swapping out the K in the 9064 to replacing it with the RIP...

Btw, have you tried the Apollo Hump shafts? Rumors has it that True Temper copied the design

Nope, I have not tried the Apollo Hump.

As for Aldila RIP 60S... It is not as stout as you think it'll be. Trust me! I went to 70X and did better with the 70X compared to the 60S. It feels somewhat loose and not stiff enough for me...
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Yarra wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
Yarra wrote:

Nope, I have not tried the Apollo Hump.

As for Aldila RIP 60S... It is not as stout as you think it'll be. Trust me! I went to 70X and did better with the 70X compared to the 60S. It feels somewhat loose and not stiff enough for me...

Poweerrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:58 pm

Yarra wrote:
Hahaha... You so strong!!!

I want Jamu for super strength + super cheating clubs = Happy Gilmore
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:03 pm

LOL! Try the 60S out and let me know what you think. The guys over here (even the older players who plays 50-ish grams shaft) thinks that the 60S is not as stiff as it should be. Maybe a defect shaft? I don't know. But I do feel the 70X is a much better fit than the 60S.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Yarra wrote:
LOL! Try the 60S out and let me know what you think. The guys over here (even the older players who plays 50-ish grams shaft) thinks that the 60S is not as stiff as it should be. Maybe a defect shaft? I don't know. But I do feel the 70X is a much better fit than the 60S.

I tell you... its gotta be the Jamu!!!
So BFG (Indo) going to sell Jamu??? Free Jamu with every fitting...
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:15 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
Yarra wrote:

I tell you... its gotta be the Jamu!!!
So BFG (Indo) going to sell Jamu??? Free Jamu with every fitting...

Wow... BFG(Indo) really knows how to fit the correct SHAFT to the correct person.... Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:16 pm

Ghoonk, where are you?
Razz
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:37 pm

Where you guys serve Kopi with milk and teas, we're serving jamu over here! No need to purchase anything! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:55 pm

Hahaha... You so strong!!!

I want Jamu for super strength + super cheating clubs = Happy Gilmore

wats Jamu??? forgive me for my ignorance..

machiam Tongkat Ali??
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:12 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamu

Jamu (formerly Djamu) is traditional medicine in Indonesia. It is predominantly herbal medicine made from natural materials, such as parts of plants such as roots, leaves and bark, and fruit. There is also material from the bodies of animals, such as bile of goat or alligator used.

In many large cities jamu herbal medicine is sold on the street by hawkers carry a refreshing drink, usually bitter but sweetened with honey. Herbal medicine is also produced in factories by large companies such as Fountain, Nyonya Meneer or Djamu Djago, and sold at various drug stores in sachet packaging. Packaged dried jamu should be dissolved in hot water first before drinking. Nowadays herbal medicine is also sold in the form of tablets, caplets and capsules.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:01 pm

Thanks for the explanation, eiji!
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:28 pm

next time u come to BFG singapore, bring some Jamu for Agumon to drink, maybe he will feel more refresh, secret drink for him to bring to RWS and MBS
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:36 pm

What kind of jamu do you want Augumon to drink? Wink
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:43 pm

Yarra wrote:
What kind of jamu do you want Augumon to drink? Wink
X Ray vision Jamu!!!!
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:03 pm

How does XRay vision jamu helps you hit longer?

Edited: Jon, might get the ACCRA wedge shaft before I get the UST. I'll keep you posted! How do I upload pictures to this site?

Last edited by Yarra on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Xray Jamu helps you become richer...
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Yarra wrote:
How do I upload pictures to this site?

Yarra,

Just follow my 3 Step Process!!!

Step 01 :
UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts Step_019

Step 02 :
UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts Step_020

Step 03 :
UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts Step_022

Last edited by JonL_TK on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Cheers Jump

Solid instruction....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts   UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UST Mamiya Wedge Shafts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next