Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Callaway FT Tour driver

Go down 
+10
JonL_TK
BORN2GOLF
slinger
mUAr_cHEe
tronos
ghoonk
Yarra
S70B
watermyforrest
shamusan
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

Callaway FT Tour driver Empty
PostSubject: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:05 pm

Has anyone tried the above? i'm thinking of getting one to try but i wanted some opinions first...
cheers
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:21 pm

I thought you will "never" change your driver again after being "K"-ed (both driver and shaft)?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:23 pm

Best driver ever in my bag. Period.

And I am a club 'ho like u.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:25 pm

It is a GREAT driver if you hit it around the sweet spot with a good, steady swing. But it can turn against you if your swing goes wild, too! The longest driver I've ever hit, dude!
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:36 pm

well, you know, just because you've got 1 perfect driver already doesn't mean that you cannot strive for perfection from another... any how, does any one here know that the launch is like compared to say the R9.

i heard that it launches lower than the R9 and thus, i should get a slightly higher launch angle?

Bro WMF, i'm not changing my driver, i'm try to find a spare driver... you know in case i play courses that doesn't allow for the krank driver to flex its muscles...

bro S70B, i'm not a ho... ho's get paid.... sadly i'm just a slut...
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Yarra / S70B - you guys like the FT Tour? hmm.

Yarra - FT Tour TA or retail? I'm just put off by the absence of a hosel. Either way, I've suspended myself from buying more kit from now till end of the year unless I can find a way to sell some of my existing pieces - last purchases so far include a Srixon Bite staff bag that's with eiji at the moment, a Suunto G6 Pro golf watch, and a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 TeI3 in raw finish. Sad
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:37 pm

905R retired permanently?
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:43 pm

It's with DGman - he's either sold it or it's still with him. It's up for sale anyway
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:43 pm

on a more serious note, for those of you that use this particular driver, what loft do you use? and perhaps if you have another driver, i could do a comparison?

for example, bro Yarra, perhaps you use the FT Tour in 9.5 and R9 in 8.5?
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:46 pm

shamusan wrote:
well, you know, just because you've got 1 perfect driver already doesn't mean that you cannot strive for perfection from another... any how, does any one here know that the launch is like compared to say the R9.

i heard that it launches lower than the R9 and thus, i should get a slightly higher launch angle?

Bro WMF, i'm not changing my driver, i'm try to find a spare driver... you know in case i play courses that doesn't allow for the krank driver to flex its muscles...

bro S70B, i'm not a ho... ho's get paid.... sadly i'm just a slut...

It does launch lower than an R9, considering you put the same shaft.

ghoonk wrote:
Yarra / S70B - you guys like the FT Tour? hmm.

Yarra - FT Tour TA or retail? I'm just put off by the absence of a hosel. Either way, I've suspended myself from buying more kit from now till end of the year unless I can find a way to sell some of my existing pieces - last purchases so far include a Srixon Bite staff bag that's with eiji at the moment, a Suunto G6 Pro golf watch, and a Scotty Cameron Newport 2 TeI3 in raw finish. Sad

The Ft-Tour and FT-9TA is essentially the same head. They both have hosel. Some think that the FT-Tour launches slightly higher than the FT-9TA but I do not think it makes any noticeable difference. I hit both FT9-TA (which is tour only) and FT-Tour (tour issue) and I do not think they are different in anyway apart from cosmetic. Retail FT-Tour, it does launch slightly higher than the tour issue version, but it is expected... right? Wink
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:48 pm

hmmmmm. HMMMMMM.

*itch*
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:50 pm

shamusan wrote:
on a more serious note, for those of you that use this particular driver, what loft do you use? and perhaps if you have another driver, i could do a comparison?

for example, bro Yarra, perhaps you use the FT Tour in 9.5 and R9 in 8.5?

I have an 8.5* FT-9TA with TP6HD and an 8.5* Superquad 282 with a prototype TPHD blue version (a protoype of TP7HD) and they launch about the same. I hit a Supertri 8.5* (retail head with weights up front to help lower trajectory) with Kajiki 70S and it launches higher.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:51 pm

ghoonk wrote:
hmmmmm. HMMMMMM.

*itch*

There is one for sale...

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/411205-ft-tour-95-head-miyazaki-black-63x-px-6a4-9015d-105-head/

Wroth a try, if you ask me... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:57 pm

NOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:00 pm

You're asking me? This is my reply: YES!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:05 pm

Ft Tour Driver? Totally kick ass....

but alas no money... already bought iPad... Sad
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:18 pm

Please try not to tempt ghoonk into buying one of these. He'll be all over the net buying all the heads he could find before you know it and we are left with the second-fiddle!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:22 pm

He can buy, then he fit, then we try for free? i think our swing speed all sama sama? Razz
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:40 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
He can buy, then he fit, then we try for free? i think our swing speed all sama sama? Razz

swing speed sama sama?? sure or not, dun bluff old man hor.....

yr swing speed also more than me....

wat sama sama.....kong ciao wei
Back to top Go down
BORN2GOLF
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:44 pm

best driver ive ever had thats all i can say...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:47 pm

slinger wrote:
wat sama sama.....kong ciao wei

eh. the-one-that-no-matter-swing-how-hard-and-plastic-tee-cannot-scratch-driver-face-fella dun talk so much...

i no interest to argue with u here. the war at the other thread more exciting.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:53 pm

@ ghoonk - The FT Tour has a hosel. Mine's retail and it still sits 1.5* open (according to Callaway club fitter).

Launch wise, I'm getting good results. I hit the occasional pull hook off the toe for my bad shots but it will still get out there decently. Sweetspot's even bigger than my 905R n 909D3.

Best thing about the driver? Even for a composite head, there's no more plasticky impact sound like the FT5 or those older Cobra drivers. Very solid thump at impact.

I can't comment on launch trajectory as my R9 w 9.5*, D3 w 10.5* and now FT Tour w 9.5* were all fitted to me with different shafts. I know I get tons of roll with it but that's probably due to the course conditions in California.

Not hard to see why the Tour issued FT-9TA are all ard the USD$600-700 region here.

Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 4:17 pm

Xmas coming, o' Santa Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 4:34 pm

Are those Tour Issued Callaways at this place worth it?
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 5:02 pm

hmm. prices look okay, but I think you might find better combos on WRX
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Callaway FT Tour driver   Callaway FT Tour driver I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Callaway FT Tour driver
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next