Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swapping Balls

Go down 
+7
Roystonnn
redbull
kopiO
watermyforrest
Technospaz
BT
suj
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
suj
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:16 pm

i noticed something during a game once. PLayer plays with ProV and then when he knows a hole has lots of water switches to a cheaper ball... I thought it was quite funny.

Do you guys do that as well?
Back to top Go down
BT
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BT

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:26 pm

I've seen people do it.

A husband and wife were playing.

He swapped her ball with a crap ball when she was going to tee off over water.

I personally think its not good for confidence in a shot.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:07 pm

I do that. When I reach a hole which I face issues with (typically water or lots of OB), I tend to swap to a cheaper ball. I know it's not a good thing to do but I've lost countless balls to know that the change isn't going to make much of a difference play-wise but may save me a ball or two.
Back to top Go down
BT
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BT

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:13 pm

I've lost $21 on a single hole before.

But I have confidence! Razz
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:31 pm

Bro, is it based on the new Titty balls that cost $7 or based on the $2.50 balls that you sold me?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:40 pm

BT wrote:

... and money, from the looks of it Razz
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:31 pm

confidence is a strange thing... by switching to a "cheapo" ball that you are prepared to loose, you may feel more confident or more focus to swing, and maybe better result... instead of worrying of losing your precious ball...

i used to have one used golf ball that i was prepared to throw away, but it just keep surviving all the hazards...ha, i oso met a couple of golfers who also have this "never-die" old ball... ;-)
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:48 pm

On the contrary, because I use a ball which I have no fear of losing, I therefore have no fear of giving it a good whack.

But, if I have a ball which I fear losing, this adds additional pressure on me to ensure that I maintain a good swing, steady backswing, steady posture, good contact, good followthrough etc and when that happens... you know the rest.
Back to top Go down
redbull
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
redbull

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:54 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I do that. When I reach a hole which I face issues with (typically water or lots of OB), I tend to swap to a cheaper ball. I know it's not a good thing to do but I've lost countless balls to know that the change isn't going to make much of a difference play-wise but may save me a ball or two.

chicken What a Face
Back to top Go down
redbull
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
redbull

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:54 pm

BT wrote:

Hero What a Face
Back to top Go down
redbull
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
redbull

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:55 pm

kopiO wrote:
confidence is a strange thing... by switching to a "cheapo" ball that you are prepared to loose, you may feel more confident or more focus to swing, and maybe better result... instead of worrying of losing your precious ball...

i used to have one used golf ball that i was prepared to throw away, but it just keep surviving all the hazards...ha, i oso met a couple of golfers who also have this "never-die" old ball... ;-)

fate What a Face
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:56 pm

redbull wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

chicken What a Face

You would know best. silent
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 12:46 am

I do that as well..
Swap to cheaper balls on small island green.

Indeed it something bug me when I knew it is an expensive ball, teeing off for a risky shot. Very Happy

But at times, I forgot I am using expensive ball.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:05 am

I never swap balls....cost all my ball are 40cents only. ROFL And at times i itchy backside would used a new ball over water or a difficult hole cos mentally, ball is cheap and my main concern is my game. As long i am hitting okay and advancing well, i am happy. king

Only in tournamants i will used all new balls over the counter. Beer

UL
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 5:39 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
I never swap balls....cost all my ball are 40cents only. ROFL And at times i itchy backside would used a new ball over water or a difficult hole cos mentally, ball is cheap and my main concern is my game. As long i am hitting okay and advancing well, i am happy. king

Only in tournamants i will used all new balls over the counter. Beer

UL

Haha. 40c a ball? Sure or not? You borrow the range balls to play, isit, UL? Wink j/k
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 am

I too swap ball. Partly I think its just common sense for beginners. Why waste a good ball in the water. If I am playing with new ball and its a new ball with lots of water and it is my first time playing there, I would just use a old ball.
Back to top Go down
m0i
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
m0i

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:58 am

Last time i swap ball. As for now i didn't...bcos all my ball cost 40cents. I even give balls to my mate as and when he or she met water shot.
Back to top Go down
BT
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BT

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:16 am

watermyforrest wrote:
Bro, is it based on the new Titty balls that cost $7 or based on the $2.50 balls that you sold me?

It was before i discovered used balls.

It was 3 brand new Pro V1x s at Sembawang into the pond on the right side of the green at Par 5 hole 15.

Good drive but 2nd shot faded a bit too much and went in, so 1 ball gone. I was 70m to the flag and between was the pond.

Water drop, SW mishit, went into the pond. 2nd ball.

Water drop, SW mishit again, went into the pond. 3rd ball.

Last ball hit on, and 2 putt. 10, double par.

Last edited by BT on Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BT
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BT

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:18 am

redbull wrote:
BT wrote:

Hero What a Face

U work for Titleist? Razz Or own their stock?
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:25 am

m0i wrote:
Last time i swap ball. As for now i didn't...bcos all my ball cost 40cents. I even give balls to my mate as and when he or she met water shot.

Hey Peter, lets swap our 40cents ball boleh ???

Beer
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:29 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
m0i wrote:

Beer

What the difference ? UL Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:31 am

My ball (found or soop out of NSRCC par 3 pond) for Peter Titleist, Srixion or Bridgestone balls......

Good idea right ???

lol!
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:34 am

Think.... you played 46/50 46/49.. what if you played better balls... at least 10 strokes diff ba..
Back to top Go down
m0i
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
m0i

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:36 am

Uncle Lau wrote:
m0i wrote:

Beer

Anytime bro. For you i will do anything. Razz
Back to top Go down
BT
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BT

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:38 am

Technospaz wrote:
BT wrote:

... and money, from the looks of it Razz

Not after that hole. Haha Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Swapping Balls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swapping Balls   Swapping Balls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swapping Balls