Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst Game...

Go down 
+8
DGman
Lamts18
mUAr_cHEe
freedrop
Uncle Lau
nemo
Technospaz
Dstruc
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Dstruc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dstruc

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:43 pm

I played my worst game today, the worst in the last one year!!!
I was so demoralised I hit my flight mates ball by accident.... Embarassed

man... beside the swings, mental is the other to master... Sad

Don't you agree, frastration affects your game esp. the short strokes? sigh...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Dstruc wrote:
I played my worst game today, the worst in the last one year!!!
I was so demoralised I hit my flight mates ball by accident.... Embarassed

man... beside the swings, mental is the other to master... Sad

Don't you agree, frastration affects your game esp. the short strokes? sigh...

Don't despair, bro. It happens to us all, and it will happen every now and then. We can't always have good games. Ironically, we learn the most from our bad ones. We learn that golf is a game which we play with ourselves, and it's that psychological battle which is perhaps the most difficult.

Take heart and appreciate that today was just a bad golf day. You'll have many more good days ahead. This wasn't one of them. Don't let this one game cause you too much grief. Prevail, and tell yourself that you'll do better - and you will Smile
Back to top Go down
nemo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
nemo

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:15 pm

Bro,

If its any consolation, a bad on the golf course is better that a good day in the office.

That what I tell myself everytime I have a bad golf day.

Cheer up.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:16 pm

nemo wrote:
Bro,

If its any consolation, a bad on the golf course is better that a good day in the office.

That what I tell myself everytime I have a bad golf day.

Cheer up.

LOL! That's the spirit. Hear Hear!!
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:12 am

Golf is a game where you can played your worst game in a single day and yet you will also played your best shot of the day too. Very Happy

Example :- my last game in NSRCC, play the worst drive shots ever.....went left or right but never straight and at that moment, golf was my worst nightmare, Freddy Couger was my best friend ! Best i could save it from rough, drop a ball beside pond, and my 5 iron and PW, 58 wedge was almost prefect ! One chip, two putts and i on the road again.....

Every game you will see the worst in a game, but God always gives us hope in our life, other like iron, sand saves, 20 foots putt for par will always follow.

Golf is a game, we play a fictionous life of 18 holes, a person will blowed many but you will save many holes too ! Just like a person life....he could screw up a big part of his life, but God is Merciful, that person was save, given another chance, he worked hard and have a good family and life too.

Nobody is born a golfer....even TW....he train hard, very very hard to get where he is, if a world top class golfers can blow a hole, what about us ???

Never give up in what we do, if you want to give up....why you took up Golf in the first place ? Like me ...planned Shrimp Fishing better, you pay a few dollar, sit and fish, SURE got shrinp for supper !

Here a song for you bro dstruc.......Enjoy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6-PTMpRkYo

Face Hug
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:36 am

How true, Uncle Lau...You shd hv played with me in Kukup earlier this week...disasterous 36 holes . I was the sole loser playing 9-points with my other flight mates. Had to buy dinner, drive them back , and bear with their insults all the way home.

If you want to try shrimp farming, I am planning to go to Rompin area (may be next month) with a friend (high handicaper) who is helping his friend manage a shrimp farm/fish farm. I hv been planning that trip for a while, mainly to play the Lanjut GC nearby Rompin.

I hv half seriously discussed thsi trip with old boys club....3D2N....Rompin, Pekan, Kuantan, play 3 courses (Lanjut, Lagenda and Astana).
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:17 am

My last 2 games were my worst games. 103 and 105.

But somehow it does not seem to bother me. The power of the stress at work.

ai ya. life got up and down ma. just look forward to the next game and know that you cannot do any worst than your last game loh.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:35 am

Don't have too high expectations of golf.... know yourself and where your weak points and practice... As Mardan Mamat said to me... our office is not in the golf course whereas the Pros are... even they don't play well all the time.. Just enjoy the company, greenery, some good shots you hit and look forward to your next game.. Cheers..
Back to top Go down
Dstruc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dstruc

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:58 am

Thanks for all the advise bros... totally agree.

Since we are on this topic,
What are the 'postive' things you think about to keep yourself calm?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:04 am

inhale deeply through the nose hold your breathe and exhale slowly.

do it 3 times and visualise a perfect shot when you do the breathing exercise.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:08 am

DGman wrote:
inhale deeply through the nose hold your breathe and exhale slowly.

do it 3 times and visualise a perfect shot when you do the breathing exercise.

DGman

Wow !!!
will and have to try that when i drop by later at the den.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:08 am

chip up pal... we've all had bad games, usually just sigh and forget it... it can only get better, right?
and u can be surprised how everything comes back together after an off day... over a 3 week period in july, i had games with a 20 strokes difference...
i try to smile and laugh a bit at myself amidst all the self kicking during a bad game... usually helps.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:18 am

think about xmm at spp.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:21 am

if golf is so easy....

u think there will be so many goon doo's crazy over it? Laughing
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:34 am

If you dun play bad golf, there won't be good golf...
Back to top Go down
benhogan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:41 am

Golf is easy. If your goals are realistic. If you are new to the game, do not expect to play in the 80s.
If you do not practise correctly and diligently, do not expect to play in the 70s.
So if you are a weekend warrior do not kpkb when you come back with high scores.
Golf is so easy to me, I play in the 90s. Unlikely to shoot a 70s game nowadays. I am a realist. Wink
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:58 pm

benhogan wrote:
Golf is easy. If your goals are realistic. If you are new to the game, do not expect to play in the 80s.
If you do not practise correctly and diligently, do not expect to play in the 70s.
So if you are a weekend warrior do not kpkb when you come back with high scores.
Golf is so easy to me, I play in the 90s. Unlikely to shoot a 70s game nowadays. I am a realist. Wink

I don't think it's the scoring which is the matter. Sometimes, even consistently good golfers who play int he 70s have days in the 90s. It's just one of those days. You can't avoid it. It happens. We all suffer from it. What we can do is to learn from it. Don't let it consume you - move on Smile
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:06 pm

always take the +ve from every game... even your worse game....
i believe even in your worse game, there are some shots, putts that are good n worth rember....
then bring all these good thgts to your next game...

think positively, yr game might not be good...
but think negatively, i guarantee yr game will sux...

Smile
Back to top Go down
benhogan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 2:10 pm

Technospaz wrote:
benhogan wrote:

I don't think it's the scoring which is the matter. Sometimes, even consistently good golfers who play int he 70s have days in the 90s. It's just one of those days. You can't avoid it. It happens. We all suffer from it. What we can do is to learn from it. Don't let it consume you - move on Smile

Don't misunderstand me, I am happy playing in the 90s now.
My point is, if one doesnt have realistic goals, the game of golf will be difficult.
In fact I am happy if I get to play golf, even range or 9 holes. Smile
And that's my goal. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worst Game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Game...   Worst Game... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Game...
Page 1 of 1