Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most memorable shot!!!

Go down 
+9
golf_snowman
TigaWood
S70B
Lion Iron
Fai74
Duval_S
slinger
eiji
golfool2009
13 posters
AuthorMessage
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

Most memorable shot!!! Empty
PostSubject: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:30 pm

the most memorable shot i've ever seen happened at pulai springs - melana course hole #15.... it's a par 5 with a small creek running in front of the ladies tee box and the recreational clubhouse right behind the blue tee box with a swimming pool behind on the left

my buddy takes a mighty swing with his driver from the blue tee box, scares the bejesus out of a worm, sends a screaming topper into the large stones in the small creek, which then ricochets onto the plastic awning of the clubhouse and runs noisily all the way into the swimming pool where there are about a dozen kids enjoying a nice sunday morning.....

fortunately, it doesn't hit anyone, but the mothers of the kids all start screaming as if we'd shot their firstborn...the marshall gets sent out to take a statement from us on why we threw a golf ball into the pool..it didn't help that we were laughing our butts off...after making sure no one was hurt....

end result, one wet golf ball, three pee stained underpants, 10 irate mothers and of course, a free jug of beer.....

any other interesting shots?
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:37 pm

it was a shot by GolfBeginner...can Mloy please elaborate, i am not worthy of describing such a powerful trick shot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 7:01 pm

wow, i know this hole all too well......

your flightmate needs to buy more than a jug of beer since it din CROSS all the tees... RED WHITE and BLUE
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:05 pm

That will be my first birdie at OCC @ par 5 Vanda

First shot. tee off, phew..!!!! Lucky !!! managed to cross water

2nd shot.....PHEW..heng ah!!!! managed to land 80m+ fm green....

3rd shot...SUPER LUCKY!!!! managed to chip to near hole.....

4th shot....super duper LUCKY!!!! managed to birdie

Lesson learnt....to achieve good memorable shot, I need to be LUCKY
Back to top Go down
Fai74
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Fai74

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:37 pm

yessa to my bros it was my 1 time playing with the GR bros x-man/mark/neo and yours truly..
it was also my 1st time playing in Kranji we started on the 10th tee..so after all the wary start we got on the hole #2 on the 2nd half itz a par 3 itz red flag if i can recalled i took my 8 iron coz the wind and the sun was glaring i setup my self and took the shot on high loft hoping it falls near the pin...but i almost got a hole in one hit the flag pin and jump out.. the funny part is i had a bride chance it turns into par and out of sudden it turns into boogie in the hole i was dumfounded and i started to laugh about it...just about 3 foot away and i cant putt it in was too excited ...so better be cool in your head if u got this type of shot..
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:53 pm

i wanted to add 2 memorable buggy stories...

1. my buggy had broken down on the left side of the fairway and we were waiting for the marshall to come and replace the buggy...in the meantime, i walked to my buddy in the flight behind me, who is a beginner and was probably hitting the greens for only the 2nd or 3rd time...basiscally, someone who was having trouble getting the ball off the ground...i told him to just play ahead and avoid hitting the buggy....of course that's when decides to hit a pretty incredible shot, drilling his ball through the back of the buggy between the seat and ceiling and breaking the windshield...an amazing shot!!!...best of all he did it with the course marshall watching as he brought my replacement buggy

2. a yound chap joined my flight at marina bay, about 17 years old....and he shared the buggy with one of my friends who was driving until we got to about the 5th hole....since the buggy was in the way of his swing, my friend asked the kid to move the buggy........hearing a noise from the other side of the fairway, i turned around only to see four wheels sticking out of one of the deep pot bunkers...turns out the kid chose to reverse the buggy right into the bunker and the buggy was lying on its roof!!!....thinking the kid was pinned under, we start running to the bunker only to see his head pop up...incredibly, this chubby kid had managed to dive out as the buggy was falling into the bunker....the rest of the round, the kid kept muttering....my father's going to kill me, my father's going to kill me....it didn't stop me from shooting 80 though...haha...a memorable day indeed.....
Back to top Go down
Lion Iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lion Iron

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:29 pm

MBGC hole 15 white tee 150m par 3. An un-confidental tee off using hybrid club fell short of the green. 2nd shot ended just outsided the green left to the flag. Decided to putt. Set up, align, pendulum swing, head turned to watch ball roll down the slope and drop into the hole. Can't help but to jump up with cheers from 2 flight mates who were on the green.

was memorable as it happened during HC test.
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:47 pm

i've had 3 eagles, all on par 4's, and one hole in one and while i treasure them, ...the ones that really gnaw at me are the ones that got away:

1. the 3 times i came to marina's 18 hole needing a par to shoot below 80 and managed to dump the ball into the water
2. the time i 2 putt pinehurst's (in bangkok) 18th hole from 6 feet which denied me shooting my best score ever
3. the time i missed a 3 footer which allowed my friend to win the hole and the 8 skins that came with it, incurring the wrath of the rest of my flight mates
4. the time i hit a miraculous recovery shot from the adjoining fairway drawing it around a tree to set up a short birdie putt and ended up with a bogey...
5. the time my shameless friend hit his drive ob on a stroke hole and all i had to do was bogey the hole to win the match, aimed well left of the ob stakes and promptly hit the prettiest banana slice ob as well
6. the time i needed a chip in to win the hole and my friend (a neutral party in the bet)ignored my request to remove the flag stick and the ball just bounced off the pole and hung on the lip

ok that last one was iffy...but hey, i needed to blame someone
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:22 am

eons ago when i was in the service, my bunk mate went for "special" and ask the masseuse for a mulligan..... must be memorable for him

not me hor, that time i got no guts.....to ask for mulligan ROFL
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:12 am

Missed a 2" putt after missing a 3fter.

Got pissed off, grounded my putter with 1 hand then promptly whiffed it.

Learnt my lesson to take it 1 shot at a time and not get ahead of myself.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:56 am

Long time ago in an interclub tournament, I was in contention for the Individual medal for my division.
I dumped 5 new balls into the water, at the 17 holes in Laguna.....I was so disgusted that I don't want to attend the diner and prize presentation.
But the next day, I was told our team won the championship!
Apparently, they took the best 3 scores of the team of four.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:10 am

Happen this year @ RIA Bintan

hole #2 Par 3, 107m, right water, bunker guarding front and left side of green

strong wind across from left to right, flight mate tee off aiming left and ends up in bunker

wind subsided when it's my turn to tee off and i aim slight to pin left, ball went left green, due to green slope, ball roll towards pin, stop at about 1 to 2 ft away from pin...had a birdie for that hole
Back to top Go down
whisky
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:45 pm

12 years ago at Executive hole 5, dogleg par 4.

Topped my drive, ball hit the red tee marker in front, marker flew up about 5 feet from ground and split into two. Like fireworks.

Flightmates laugh until pengsan.
Back to top Go down
syard-txv
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Kranji hole #5, par 3, 89m, hit my ball , thot it will end in the bunker, but it hit the yellow stick and the ball flew all the way back to the tee box...most incredible back spin.... Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:56 pm

1) Years ago when the old 9 Holes Seletar Base Golf Club was still active. I think the 2nd or 3rd hole, I can't remember, theres a small pond on your left. I hit my Tee shot and as the ball just pass the lake edge, a Kingfisher decided to test whether his head is harder than the golf ball. Well, the result is unanimous of course. I took a photo of the dead bird.

2) This one maybe about 3 years ago at Daiman 18. One of the par 5s. A Kingfisher was perched on a coconut branch over hanging the right side of the fairway probably thinking what the heck these stupid homo sapiens are hitting a ball with a stick for? In an instance, the Kingfisher woke up in heaven wondering what had happened to him? I would have answered him had he asked me. My ball was in the fairway and I swing my fairway wood and the ball just flew through the overhanging coconut leave and I saw something dropped. I thought it was a part of the leave but only to realise that I had killed another bird when I passed through the area. I guessed I am a *birdie* king lor

Laughing
Back to top Go down
klt8144
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
klt8144

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:49 pm

4 months ago, I was with friends playing at ponderosa. As usual there were betting. On hole #10,, happen that I ask how much for eagle... ponder .. and confirm that eagle will be rm100. Phew... my t-off landed about 80m away from the green. 2nd shot with my SW the ball landed and started to roll toward the pin...thennn ... go into the hole..for the 1st eagle after 4 yrs of golfing. Never take advise as to keep the particular ball for the 'special'... the very next hole the ball went into the pond......morale of the story keep the ball as souvenir after any special achievement!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable shot!!!   Most memorable shot!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most memorable shot!!!
Page 1 of 1