Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Club Balance"...what is that ???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

"Club Balance"...what is that ??? Empty
PostSubject: "Club Balance"...what is that ???   "Club Balance"...what is that ??? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:49 am

Hi..

Gonna ask a very noobie question...

What does it mean when people say " the club is well balance ".. or .."when you cut the shaft, the balance is out"...what does club balance mean ? what is the relationship between club balance and swing weight ?

Please feel free to share your view

thank you
snowman
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: "Club Balance"...what is that ???   "Club Balance"...what is that ??? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:00 am

My noobie comments:

Just like human, we have work life balance. To the club, it is also along the same line. The clubs are not only to deliver performance on the golf course, it also needs TLC while at home. Also importantly is the need to continue upgrading the club itself eg. instill discipline, exposure to other shot making etc etc. I expose mine to golf channel..espeically when Golf Academy is on.

so this is what I think is club balance.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: "Club Balance"...what is that ???   "Club Balance"...what is that ??? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:04 am

Duval_S wrote:
My noobie comments:

Just like human, we have work life balance. To the club, it is also along the same line. The clubs are not only to deliver performance on the golf course, it also needs TLC while at home. Also importantly is the need to continue upgrading the club itself eg. instill discipline, exposure to other shot making etc etc. I expose mine to golf channel..espeically when Golf Academy is on.

so this is what I think is club balance.

$%^&*$%^$%^$&......haha !!!....u super funny

no wonder my club not balance..i dnt have golf channel...haha !!
Back to top Go down
kg7068
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: "Club Balance"...what is that ???   "Club Balance"...what is that ??? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:23 am

Swing Weight - U have to discover which swing weight suit u. Every iron set, woods and putter has swing weight stated in spec. On the weighing scale to measure swing weight, it's range from A1-10 to F1-10. Social golfers play D0-D6 for irons and woods. Putter (for me E1-E4) depending on how heavy the club head and what length I choose. Swing weight can be easily adjusted by lengthening, shortening, put weights, heavier grips, etc on the shaft. It will not affect the balancing (eg A face-balancing putter 35" 360gram is E9, u shorten it to 33", the swing weight will drop to probably E2 or E3. The putter is still face-balanced)
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: "Club Balance"...what is that ???   "Club Balance"...what is that ??? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:38 am

I have a strong feeling that an essay from DGMan is coming up...
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: "Club Balance"...what is that ???   "Club Balance"...what is that ??? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:40 am

watermyforrest wrote:
I have a strong feeling that an essay from DGMan is coming up...

i strongly doubt so...at most he will just say to himself " this snowman had nothing better to do"...haha !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Club Balance"...what is that ???   "Club Balance"...what is that ??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Club Balance"...what is that ???
Page 1 of 1