Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Start of a Journey,

Go down 
+15
Derek
Begbie
mUAr_cHEe
eiji
joleelyn
Birdman
Tian
Slicer51
Batman
nientsu
PinkPanther
s-killer
Duval_S
daveaha
traix
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Start of a Journey, - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:34 am

Deleted

Last edited by Slicer51 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi Traix,

Golf is not easy. And even those who have fantastic physical talent may suffer from mental block, e.g. Charles Barkley.

Relax, and stop telling yourself that because you were great at other sports, you have to do well at golf in a short time as well.

Give yourself the time to learn, and enjoy the journey. Before you know it, your natural athletic ability should kick in and you will start progressing very quickly (e.g. Tian)

Take heart in the fact that you will find lots of support from your fellow addicts here.

Derek
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Derek wrote:
Hi Traix,

Golf is not easy. And even those who have fantastic physical talent may suffer from mental block, e.g. Charles Barkley.

Relax, and stop telling yourself that because you were great at other sports, you have to do well at golf in a short time as well.

Give yourself the time to learn, and enjoy the journey. Before you know it, your natural athletic ability should kick in and you will start progressing very quickly (e.g. Tian)

Take heart in the fact that you will find lots of support from your fellow addicts here.

Derek

Barkley was a single handicapper. Slowly but surely, his swing changed for the worse, and became laughing stock....

Yes, golf is not easy. 3 years plus for me, and no sign of improvement Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:29 pm

Golf is a Journey with no end-point.

Back to top Go down
traix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
traix

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:51 pm

After i start playing golf i think i lost 2kg man. I think it is through all the pratice and stress in trying to get better. Hope the journey will not kill me in the end. hahahaa.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:59 pm

daveaha wrote:
Derek wrote:
Hi Traix,

Derek

Barkley was a single handicapper. Slowly but surely, his swing changed for the worse, and became laughing stock....

see a coach my dear friend, you will improve for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:02 pm

eiji wrote:
daveaha wrote:
Derek wrote:
Hi Traix,

Derek

Okay lah... not really that I don't have improvement... but it's more to my mental block...
6 months of no golf when my kid was born also didn't help to maintain the handicap...

Started with 21.3 hcp, now increased to 24.6... and getting up up upppppppppppp

Nowadays also very hard to go range.... you'll see for yourself once your kid starts to run around and seeking your attention more.. heheeee
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:11 pm

daveaha wrote:
eiji wrote:
daveaha wrote:
Derek wrote:
Hi Traix,

Derek

Okay lah... not really that I don't have improvement... but it's more to my mental block...
6 months of no golf when my kid was born also didn't help to maintain the handicap...

Nowadays also very hard to go range.... you'll see for yourself once your kid starts to run around and seeking your attention more.. heheeee

always read this that once a kid is born, the dad have to give up golf for a few months? why is that so? cannot be so busy that cannot sneak a 1/2 day to play golf?
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:16 pm

tronos wrote:
daveaha wrote:
eiji wrote:
daveaha wrote:
Derek wrote:
Hi Traix,

Derek

always read this that once a kid is born, the dad have to give up golf for a few months? why is that so? cannot be so busy that cannot sneak a 1/2 day to play golf?

Depends.

If you have so many helpers, all your parents, in laws, cousins, sisters, brothers, maids, nanny, chauffer, grandparents, etc etc etc that you can rely on - of course you can sneak out once in a while.

For me. Me and my wife are on our own. And to be honest, even if I have some times to sneak out, I want to spend time with my family back then as probably that's the toughest time for the wifey.

Difficult ? Understatement Very Happy

BTW, you're still single ?
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 5:48 pm

[qu

Last edited by Slicer51 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:01 pm

U know, the luckiest daddy I came across is....... Eiji....

The rest ah.....quite pitiful
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:44 pm

nientsu wrote:

I should say, that 'pitiful' is a strong word here Wink

I enjoyed every single minute of my fatherhood that I've experienced. I wouldn't sacrifice it or my time for/with my kid, even for golf....

Well, even sometimes I missed golf, but it's all worthed it.

Anyway, I'm playing quite often again now, eventhough only got visa for overseas trip (once a month), and local game, once a week... and some bargaining needed to have range session too... haha.. .(subjected to work also)... lol
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:03 pm

Yea..... after looking at my post.....I agree with you.

Was in 2 minds working on UAT projs while posting this.

I think parenthood is a labour of love which requires sacrifices and asking nothing in return. And u will know its worth it when ur kid first call u daddy or mommy....

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:54 pm

nientsu wrote:

i dont think the rest are pitiful, i just thank god that i am lucky that my wife enables me without spoiling me and I in turn try not to take things for granted.

life's always about compromise, giving and taking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:07 pm

[q)

Last edited by Slicer51 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:17 pm

When our baby was born my wife would order me out of the house to go practice, else we have no money for milk and nappies.... we had no helpers either..... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:20 pm

i got 3 sons... and i still golf...

luckily my second one likes golf (the one in the middle of the photo), i go range when he go for his golf lesson.

Last edited by kopiO on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:20 pm

shorthitter wrote:
When our baby was born my wife would order me out of the house to go practice, else we have no money for milk and nappies.... we had no helpers either..... Smile

Paul,
That's totally the different side of the coin from us... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:22 pm

daveaha wrote:
shorthitter wrote:

Paul,

Paul?????????????
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:02 pm

shorthitter wrote:
daveaha wrote:
shorthitter wrote:

Paul,

Paul?????????????

hahahaha...... seems like he has a black label one too many
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:46 pm

slinger wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
daveaha wrote:
shorthitter wrote:

Paul,

Paul?????????????

Oopss...
I was reading "Singapore Amateur Championship" on one window, and this on another...
Confused.

So sorry... Wink
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 11:50 pm

daveaha wrote:
slinger wrote:
shorthitter wrote:
daveaha wrote:
shorthitter wrote:

Paul,

Paul?????????????

Oopss...
I was reading "Singapore Amateur Championship" on one window, and this on another...
Confused.

So sorry... Wink

And I did this mistake quite a number of times liao..... have to stop reading this forum in multiple windows...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start of a Journey,   Start of a Journey, - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Start of a Journey,
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2