Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball?

Go down 
+6
eiji
Balata
botak
golfjoy
daveaha
zhenxua
10 posters
AuthorMessage
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball? Empty
PostSubject: What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball?   What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:17 am

apart from groaning in pain, do you contemplate how to fatten that insurance claim?
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball?   What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:26 am

zhenxua wrote:
apart from groaning in pain, do you contemplate how to fatten that insurance claim?

I somehow know that this thread will come from you! haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball?   What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:30 am

Does a normal 'accidental' insurance .... cover this sort of 'accident'??
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball?   What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:36 am

golfjoy wrote:
Does a normal 'accidental' insurance .... cover this sort of 'accident'??

Golf insurance does !
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball?   What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:31 pm

zhenxua wrote:

If you watched the FIFA World Cup, you can learn from those world class players how they cry father cry mother... those are really Grammy-worthy performances Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balata
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Balata

PostSubject: Re: What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball?   What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:00 pm

zhenxua wrote:

keep the golf ball and continue playing...
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball?   What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Ivan, you thinking about Karma issit? Worried that one day someone else might hit you! ROFL
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball?   What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:10 pm

choy! so far i never hit anyone leh
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball?   What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 11:21 pm

Got hit once, lucky for me it wasn't a driver.
Back to top Go down
wind
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball?   What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 12:00 am

how abt, call an ambulance? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball?   What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:41 am

eiji wrote:
Ivan, you thinking about Karma issit? Worried that one day someone else might hit you! ROFL

Now you know why he is on the last flight today.. ROFL

On a more serious note, depending on how you got hit by the ball, you may not be able to claim if it is proven that the golfer has taken care and diligent when hitting the ball (ie. making sure that there is nobody is front when he hits the ball or shouting fore) or the golfer that got hit was behaving in a dangerous manner (ie, coming into the 'borrowed; fairway without checking, etc).
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball?   What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Guys, how about let's talk bout how we all try not to get hit by golf ball or accidentally hitting others ? Golf need not be a dangerous game if people have common sense. Prevention is better than cure (or compensation).

This morning while lining up my putt at airforce hole nine, I hear the sound of a ball from hole one tee box crashing in the area behind me (bout 25m) behind. The offending golfer never shout 'fore'. 'nevermind' I thought to myself as I focused on reading the green. Moments later, another ball came crashing behind and whizzed behind me, took a bounce on my green and rolled out

those jerks from first tee peered from their tee box and waved. Waved for what? 'you gotta shout - fore!' I exclaimed. Why is it that some golfers find it so hard to shout 'fore'? Is it an ego issue that some ppl refused to shout so as not to admit they have poor technique? Hey, it is ok to hit poor shots, even pros hit bad shots at time. Etiquette demands that we warn others on course.

If I kena hit by the 2nd ball, I'll surely... Pardon my ranting folks. Be safe everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball?   What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do - when you got hit by a golf ball?
Page 1 of 1