Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How many golf bags do u need?

Go down 
+11
Batman
Dimples
Gray
Duval_S
Begbie
shamusan
S70B
mizzy
nientsu
eiji
aural
15 posters
AuthorMessage
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

How many golf bags do u need? Empty
PostSubject: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:00 am

Was thinking 3 including a light one(range or short par 3 games to double as Sunday/Sunday bag, one for full game and one to place clubs u dun use.

The last one was not necessary but the first lighter bag is a good idea? Instead of carrying the full set including putter to range for short practice.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:30 am

You only need 1, but you can want many more
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:50 am

actually, a stnadbag is good enuff.

Of cos, many of us are very hiao (me included), thats y we have many bags
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:27 am

nientsu wrote:
actually, a stnadbag is good enuff.

Of cos, many of us are very hiao (me included), thats y we have many bags

hiao? machiam handbag? Laughing
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:37 am

I am not Lamts18 nor Ghoonk's standard but I think you can never have too many golf bags. Twisted Evil

I have 8 in total with 1 more Cally FT stand bag and 2 of DGMan's Zen and BFG bags on order. Swing
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:11 am

yes, you only need 1
but somehow, you will find that you will want so many more...
i started with 1 that i thought would be a long lasting and multi functional bag...
and now... well, i need more space...
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:39 am

The same applies with having wife Wink one enuff ?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:56 am

Begbie wrote:

Really?

Then that all depends whether you sleep in the same bed, share meals / have nice dinners and go out shopping with your golf bag.

Daily rituals for the said (bag) requires it to do housework like cleaning furniture, mopping and washing laundry besides having to cook meals for the household.

If the above sounds silly, so does comparing having a bag to having a wife. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:32 am

I cant comment on others but I only have 2....one is more like half bag (ogio stick) which I bot thinking that I day when I turn to a real golfer competing in amateur games which I need to carry my own bag, I will use it.

And the other is my nostalgic fav....better known as Kannaway. This is special because it was my first overseas games many years back, and I bot it in Beijing....and i swear, that fm 5000miles, it looks like a real Callaway bag.

Sunday bag is a waste to me, coz I have range phobia.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:32 am

I belive married men will tell you, one wife in your life to fuss you about is more a man can take. Too many women is a man's life can be chaotic
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:49 am

The number of bags you need is all about your needs.

I play 9 holes mostly during the weekdays and carry only half set - SW, AW, 9i, 7i, 5i, 3W, Driver & putter. So for this, I have a 5inch Mizuno weekender standbag. This also doubles as a sunday bag to the range. I gave away my real sunday bag.

However, I also play full 18holes sometimes and for this I use a cart bag. This cart bag also doubles as a bag to hold my spare set, spare driver, spare woods, spare putters, spare shafts......

So for my needs 2 bags.

However, if I live in a HUGE house and have a room specially for golf, then I would surely have more than 2 bags Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 am

S70B wrote:
Begbie wrote:

Really?

Then that all depends whether you sleep in the same bed, share meals / have nice dinners and go out shopping with your golf bag.

Daily rituals for the said (bag) requires it to do housework like cleaning furniture, mopping and washing laundry besides having to cook meals for the household.

If the above sounds silly, so does comparing having a bag to having a wife. ROFL

hehe u got a point it is silly... My bad.... Should compare it more to my maid since she is doing all the chores Wink
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:28 am

Well, its meant to be light-hearted.

I am 1 who never compares anything material to a living person, let alone someone like a wife.

Its just not fair to my golf stuff.

Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:50 am

Likewise bro Wink it's cool
Back to top Go down
Dimples
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Dimples

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:10 am

Bro... i kinda think you should have not more than 2.

Some bros can survive with 1.

But personally, I use 2.

Like Brudder Gray, I have a stand bag and a Tour Bag.

Sometimes its a "feel like using this bag". Because Stand bags are lighter and not sure if others feel the same, the pockets on my stand bag are better than the tour bag. But the new tour bags are different. And for weight wise, stand bags are much lighter and if you travel to Malaysia with 3 buddies, stand bags will help fitting into your car boot easier.

But when I travel, I will DEFINITELY use my tour bag. As stand bags do not give much protection for clubs. If you have been to BATAM, and seen how they stack your golf bag, imagine your golf bag was the one below.

Just some thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:33 am

I'd like to equate to ladies' handbags. Just as they need more handbags for diff "occasions"
we should also have for diff "occasions" Laughing For me, it is 1 cart bag for full set, 1 stand bag
for "light" days like going to Par 3 Exec course, and 1 Sunday bag when u feel like only
bringing a few clubs to the range.
Back to top Go down
Lion Iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lion Iron

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Batman wrote:
I'd like to equate to ladies' handbags. Just as they need more handbags for diff "occasions"

Good analogy! I see if I can get approval to buy extra golf bags.

Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:25 pm

Batman wrote:
we should also have for diff "occasions" Laughing For me, it is 1 cart bag for full set, 1 stand bag
for "light" days like going to Par 3 Exec course, and 1 Sunday bag when u feel like only
bringing a few clubs to the range.

Yeah. I'll prob skip the Sunday bag though. But for the light bag what size are you having? Saw a couple of sizes. One with 7 holes and one with 5 holes.

Prob getting one with 7 to carry for myself and my wife.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:36 pm

1 for each set (preferably staff, minimum 9.5"), plus 1 lightweight sunday bag (i have a Ping Hoofer for this) and 2 stand bags Smile
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:42 pm

For me:

1 X 9.5" cart for normal play
1 X 9.5" at home to house unused/out of favour clubs
1 X standbag for light weight flying
1 X 18" tall mini cart for storing practise balls.
1 X callaway sunday bag for transfering loose pieces of clubs between homes
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:55 pm

eh, we should swop 'out of favor' clubs and see if they favour us... heheheh
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:06 pm

I also want to swap my mizuno black-blue light weight cart bag with a titleist mid size cart bag or a ping hoofer vantage or v2 latitude carry. Id pay extra if required. Anyone interested?

Ghoonk, got out of favor titty or ping bag?
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:11 pm

no leh. I got one used Mizzy staff bag for my MP32s, but that's about it. Not a huge fan of Mizzy, even less so for Ping. Am a TM fan, so i'm open to trading for TM staff bags Very Happy

Oh, and I also have the original Nike Tour Accuracy staff bag, the black and white ones used by David Duval and TW back when TW started using Nike. It's never been on course or range, never used to store clubs, just sitting pretty in the room. Will trade for an R9 staff bag, or a TM TP one, 10.5" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many golf bags do u need?   How many golf bags do u need? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many golf bags do u need?
Page 1 of 1