Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy

Go down 
+6
duffader
ghoonk
Duval_S
X-Man
DGman
Right_sided_coach
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy Empty
PostSubject: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Just got news today that Singapore Sports School Student Marc Ong had a day he will never forget. Marc was selected to represent Singapore at the British Junior Open Championship in Scotland. I dont know the full details however today he got to play a practice round at St Andrews with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy. On top of that he had breakfast with Ian Poulter and Justin Rose.
Definitely mixing it with the big boys. Lets hope he plays well in the Junior Open

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:33 pm

Yes and best of luck to Phoebe too...she is one of your student too Paul.

the Tour Slut will be very happy to know that.

DGman

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:36 pm

DGman wrote:

DGman

Hopefully the new shafts you fitted her with will help in the links conditions in Scotland
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Wow... that's wonderful news! Good luck to both of them... Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:39 pm

Quote :
DGman wrote:

DGman

Phoebe is going to Scotland too ???

Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:43 pm

Yes Phoebe was selected to go Scotland as well
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:58 pm

Seen her swing. She is good, lots of potential, and will go far. Very shy, but has a big drive that puts many guys to shame. Incredibly accurate and consistent.

Do wish her and Marc all the best in Scotland!
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:20 pm

ghoonk wrote:
Seen her swing. She is good, lots of potential, and will go far. Very shy, but has a big drive that puts many guys to shame. Incredibly accurate and consistent.

Do wish her and Marc all the best in Scotland!

You got the shy part right. One of only a few girls in SG I have seen that can really compress the ball well. It will be interesting to see how they go on a links course. Phoebe never even new what a links course was about 2 weeks ago. I will pass on your well wishes.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Hey RSS, were you the one playing with Phoebe last monday @ 5th July in the afternoon?
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Hey RSS, were you the one playing with Phoebe last monday @ 5th July in the afternoon?

No mate. My colleague took them both to Marina Bay for some semi-links golf preparation. Minus the wind and hard, fast fairways
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:36 pm

@ duval - eh, she's too young for you la. On the other hand, you can go for RSS... to tweak your already-RSS swing Wink
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:05 am

Congrats to Marc for this one of the lifetime opportunity. I have yet to see a 14 year old who is always so focus in the game he plays. Play a 18 with him and you will know. Even if its a social game, he is always dead serious. My first game with Marc was of gold at WGCC and it came as a shocker on how good and how much potential this boy have...... 1 over was his total score and i was told that he wasn't striking the ball as well. I am still looking for my opportunity to win back my ice milo with the "blessing of strokes".
Back to top Go down
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ethee

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:18 am

Congrats to Marc & his coaches.

All the best for the tourny.

Cheers,
ethee
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:03 am

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Just got news today that Singapore Sports School Student Marc Ong had a day he will never forget. Marc was selected to represent Singapore at the British Junior Open Championship in Scotland. I dont know the full details however today he got to play a practice round at St Andrews with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy. On top of that he had breakfast with Ian Poulter and Justin Rose.
Definitely mixing it with the big boys. Lets hope he plays well in the Junior Open

Wah. I hope my son will someday see such glory. Then i will retire and be his manager Cool
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:12 am

Quote :
Gray wrote:
Right_sided_coach wrote:

Wah. I hope my son will someday see such glory. Then i will retire and be his manager Cool

wah !!! my only hope is for my P3 Son to go back to golf as his CCA....then I can justify why I need to buy keppel
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:46 am

Marc has got off to a great start shooting a 73 in the first round. That places him in 13th and 4 strokes behind the leader. Phoebe also had a respectable round shooting an 82.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Well done!
Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
PinkPanther
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
PinkPanther

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:07 pm

When I grow up I want to be like him!
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:46 pm

After a second round of 77, Marc is in 19th position while Phoebe had a 78. One of the only girls to break 80.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:08 pm

PinkPanther wrote:
When I grow up I want to be like him!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy   Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Singapore Junior plays with Adam Scott and Geoff Ogilvy
Page 1 of 1