Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can't cope w/o a Tee

Go down 
+9
ifatfat
golf_snowman
aural
Batman
mysticsea
hardrock
eden
eiji
golfjoy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Can't cope w/o a Tee - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't cope w/o a Tee   Can't cope w/o a Tee - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:07 am

okie!!!
Will discuss with the coach On Green
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can't cope w/o a Tee   Can't cope w/o a Tee - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:09 am

Batman wrote:

not maybe but MUST Razz

WAH!!!! cyclops
Errr .... but horr .... if he says NO then I also bo bian right?
It's HIS way of teaching mah Question
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Can't cope w/o a Tee   Can't cope w/o a Tee - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:15 am

In My Opinion:

I reckon if one is really interested in taking up golf or the coach has a real passion to impart his knowledge to help either a noob or seasoned player to either learn or improve a swing, they should either start from putting or pitching first.

To me immediately learning how to try to swing a 7iron or 9iron creates bad habits because i feel that we will find ways and means to "lift" the ball off the ground. By learning from the bottom clubs to finally the big clubs, help to facilitate a better swing!

In the workplace, we don't start off as a CEO or Director of a company and work our way down to a executive...

Disclaimer:
This of course is my opinion and hereby state that i am no coach or wannabe Pro. I have been analyzing my game and practice methods and feel that to learn a swing, starting from the basics of the basics helps alot in the long run!

There is no easy fix in golf or in life!!!
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: Can't cope w/o a Tee   Can't cope w/o a Tee - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:28 am

Dun think he will say cannot bah. Like that during courtesy round how? Every ball u hit also must go and tee up except putting. Btw for beginners, if you transit from tee to without you might have slight swing changes unless you are really good at your swing already. So better start soon before it becomes a habit and hard to change. Just rembr to swing thru and not hit down you dun need to worry about injuring you hands.
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Can't cope w/o a Tee   Can't cope w/o a Tee - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:47 am

This is only your 5th or 6th lesson right?
Be patient and just do whatever your coach is asking you to do.
At this stage, it is best to listen to ONLY his advice and practice what he taught you.
Whether it is to hit the ball off a tee, 3/4 swing, 1/2 swing, 1 foot behind the other, foot on a ball etc.

It is tempting to try to emulate your friends, fav pro or someone u saw a few bays away.

You can always ask him for his reasons for doing certain things.
If you do not find it convincing then you can always change your coach.

Golf takes time, patience and lots of "right" practice.

my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Can't cope w/o a Tee   Can't cope w/o a Tee - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:58 am

Hi golfjoy, I also practiced with a tee when taking lessons with my pro. The reasons given are to avoid injuries due to inconsistent swing and greater motivation to carry on with the game. imho, it can be quite useful to use tee at the initial stage. Once u are able to hit the ball consistently u can try to remove the tee even during lesson times. I think your pro will be more than happy to see u hitting w/o the tee (meaning u had improved).

So take it easy!!! Very Happy

Last edited by Seiko on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Can't cope w/o a Tee   Can't cope w/o a Tee - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:00 am

I agree with being patient, not everyone has the athletic talent to start out strong and pick up the game fast. Golf is as much a mental, strategic game as it is a physical game.

Pratice makes perfect, it can be perfect good or perfect bad, depending on what you are practicing. Only perfect practice makes good. I use to jump the gun and rush ahead, reading too much into tips and trying to do too many things at once. I have learn that the fastest way to improve is to take it slow, improve one part of the golf swing at a time, then checking that the old habits don't creep back as i try the new drills. the foundation of your swing is important, no point just focussing on hitting the ball in the air when all you are doing is breaking your left wrist in an attempt to scoop.

i think golfjoy's problem is her impatience and anxiety to want to get good fast, set realistic goals and work towards those, the keyword being realistic. and build on your foundation, remember training for better golf doesn't only mean swinging on the driving range. At home, you can do physical workouts and flexibility workouts to improve. Get fit to play golf and not the other way round.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: Can't cope w/o a Tee   Can't cope w/o a Tee - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:18 am

End of the day, take the advice here and ask your pro if you are ready for it. No point getting the advices here and ignore your coach. Afterall he is the one who sees your swing and not us. We can only give what we think looks and sounds correct but even coaches need to see your strokes and progress to give you a proper advice. Smile
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Can't cope w/o a Tee   Can't cope w/o a Tee - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:25 am

Actually what do you mean by cannot hit the ball without a tee?? u top the ball??
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Can't cope w/o a Tee   Can't cope w/o a Tee - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:43 am

what i heard from my coach and everyone .... u better practice from the mat because it the way u do on the fairway. then u learn how to compress the ball and hit down .... if u want change coach i can give u my coach number.... just pm me ....
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Can't cope w/o a Tee   Can't cope w/o a Tee - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:44 am

totally agree with aural..stick to your coach advise, i believe he know your swing best.

take it easy, do more practise and just dnt over strain yourself too much..golf is a long term game...enjoy !!

snowman
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can't cope w/o a Tee   Can't cope w/o a Tee - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:53 am

WoOhhooo .... that's a lot of comments!

Thanks peeps!

Will take it slow and enjoy the swingggg Swing

WoooHooooo
Callaway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't cope w/o a Tee   Can't cope w/o a Tee - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can't cope w/o a Tee
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Golf Academy :: Tips & Tricks-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.