Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Too Hot for Citibank

Go down 
+10
darenlim
mloy
daveaha
weich
golf_snowman
JohnBGLee
nientsu
jurongtiger
Elysium
JonL_TK
14 posters
AuthorMessage
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

Too Hot for Citibank Empty
PostSubject: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:50 pm

Too Hot for Citibank Debrahlee-lorenzana-youtube

Meet Debrahlee Lorenzana, the woman claiming to be “too hot” for Citibank.

The stunning 33-year-old New York banker is suing the U.S banking giant, claiming she was harrassed and then fired for being “too sexy”.

The tall, buxom brunette claims in the lawsuit that her manager told her to “refrain from wearing certain items of clothing, in particular, turtleneck tops, pencil skirts, fitted business suits, or other properly tailored clothing”.

It appears the stunner’s killer bod was deemed a huge distraction by her hot-blooded male colleagues as soon as she sashayed into Citibank’s Chrysler Building branch in September 2008.

Bank supervisors reportedly told Lorenzana, who stands 1.70 metre-tall and weighs 56 kilos, that she should also refrain from wearing classic high-heeled business pumps as they drew attention to her curves.

But the Latina businesswoman claims it was not her wardrobe that was inappropriate; she says she shops at the same stores as her colleagues, citing Zara as an example. It was just the way her body looked in them.

When she protested that her female colleagues were dressed far more provocatively than she was, the bank allegedly told her those women were different because they were ”not as attractive”.

The single mother’s complaints of harrassment to Citibank’s Human Resources department resulted in a transfer to another branch where her circumstances worsened. She was eventually fired by the bank last year on grounds that she failed to recruit new customers.

The lawsuit is making headlines around the world and has catapulted Lorenzana to instant superstardom. Her claims have now also triggered the fierce age-old debate on gender discrimination at the workplace.

After all, according to reports, Lorenzana had won praise and a few customer service awards from her previous employers including Bank of America and Metropolitan Hospital in Queens.

“She was punished because her male colleagues couldn’t handle their libidos,” her New York City lawyer, Jack Tuckner, told The New York Post.

Citibank responded by telling the New York press, ”We believe the lawsuit is without merit and will defend against it vigorously.”

The bank insists that the her dismissal was purely “performance-based”.

If the banker beauty is telling the truth and those outfits really were what she wore to work, her office style is impeccable.

But the lawsuit raises an interesting question – should a woman be fired for being too attractive?

Timothy, 27, an accountant, told Yahoo! Singapore, “If she’s wearing clothes that are too revealing, of course it can be very distracting. But as long as she’s dressed appropriately for work, I don’t see what the big deal is.”

Another 22-year-old female Citibank employee who declined to be named, added, “If she’s not violating the dress code, any distraction caused to the men in the office is really not her problem.”

Valid concerns or outright discrimination? You decide.
Back to top Go down
Elysium
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:55 pm

Citibank has always been famous for their "cash girls". So why the exception for her?
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:01 pm

Hot!
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:05 pm

I am quite sure that her boss must be a woman!!!! I dont think a man would mind :-p
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:13 pm

No more motivation liao .... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:22 am

Wow... She is hot !!

Luckily I saw this only this morning, would have problem sleeping if I watch this last nite...haha !!
Back to top Go down
weich
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:08 am

She is hot... but I'm sure Citibank have a lot of females employees who are just as hot, if not hotter... wonder what's the hooha about...
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:22 am

weich wrote:
She is hot... but I'm sure Citibank have a lot of females employees who are just as hot, if not hotter... wonder what's the hooha about...

Yes. We have many2 more hotter girls here... especially in the private bank area... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:32 am

weich wrote:

I find the reason a bit lame. So I think there is more to it than that?
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:57 am

Im going to open a bank!
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:12 am

joining her facebook support page... jocolor
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:24 pm

I think she dressed very well mah ... errr .... sexy meh? Shocked

Hmmm ... F & M different definition of sexy/hot/pretty I guess
Wink
Back to top Go down
golfbeginner
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfbeginner

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:33 pm

darenlim wrote:
Im going to open a bank!

What bank??? Sperm bank ah..... albino
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:29 pm

oh thats opened already @ Lorong 8. You wont miss it.
Back to top Go down
golfbeginner
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfbeginner

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:47 pm

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
vingay32
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
vingay32

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:03 pm

she okay only lah...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too Hot for Citibank   Too Hot for Citibank I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Too Hot for Citibank
Page 1 of 1