Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OCC range card

Go down 
+12
iron eagle
Hogan
sniffydog
idrahus
daveaha
EricSKH
nientsu
jtek
hsq7575
X-Man
waterlily
andslm
16 posters
AuthorMessage
andslm
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:13 pm

Anyone regular at occ range? Do we need to top up range card on every visit? I notice that my card should have 10 dollar but cannot dispense the ball and its my second time at occ and each time need to top up before can be use at card dispenser.
Back to top Go down
waterlily
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:22 pm

U need to validate the card each time u visit occ, the validity last for 1day only
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:54 pm

In other words, you need to go to the counter on every new day visit to check your balance, than validate the card if you do not need to top up the card.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
hsq7575
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
hsq7575

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:19 pm

I make the same mistake too.... Smile
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:50 pm

Tats y i dun top up a lot since every visit i must go to the counter...
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Why so troublesome ah?? Looks like paying $$$ is no longer enuff. I really don get validation process. Y go thru all this trouble for a card with stored value??
Back to top Go down
EricSKH
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Try to look at another perspective. If u lost your card and u made a lost report to the counter with the card number. I think such a validation process protects the interest of the card owner. They are able to stop the unrightful owner of the card from using it when he/she tries to validate your card.

Well, i might be wrong Wink
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:58 pm

I'm thinking out of the box on how to secure the card...

Can the card be punched (create a hole) to put lanyard to it ? I have 3000 balls in it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
idrahus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:14 pm

is it true that everytime we validate the card, they will cut a certain number of balls value in the card?
Back to top Go down
sniffydog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
sniffydog

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:59 pm

nope, they don't deduct fees each time u validate.
if you top up the card, gst will be deducted from the top-up.
Back to top Go down
Hogan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Hogan

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:59 pm

not for my occ range card leh. just validate only.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:44 pm

nientsu wrote:
Why so troublesome ah?? Looks like paying $$$ is no longer enuff. I really don get validation process. Y go thru all this trouble for a card with stored value??

Why go thru this process b'cos they are NTUC mah, they are BIG corporation they do what they like!
The last time you top $10.00 u get $7.00 worth $3.00 must go to their Cafe to patronize, so for $7.00
u get 113 balls.

Than most golfers like me migrated to other range. Now they have change again no more entrance fee
so I visit OCC again...but everytime must see those ladies at the counter to validate card b4 u play..think the previous manager got fired being too naive. he's Not a golfers..just manage only...so he mis-manage & got fired!
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:33 am

Like what EricSKH mentioned, if u lose ur card, then u still have a remote chance of getting it back when the finder validates the card when he/ she comes by the next time.

Every home has its rule; and every country have its law. If u like, u go; dun like, no one can force either....

Just my 2cents...
Back to top Go down
whisky
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:46 am

Before their renovation was completed in Apr last year, there was a $5 entrance fee ( $3 for NTUC members I think ) which is deducted from the equivalent number of balls when you validate your card at the counter each time you visit. Now they dont charge entrance fee, and I find it more crowded compared to last time.

Best part of OCC is the auto ball dispenser and the balls are very new. Just replaced again last month during the Handa classic.

Worst range balls IMO is Bishan range. Some totally no more compression left.

I also like Executive range where they use old actual balls instead of range balls. You get actual distance. But the range is very small and many reserved by golf pros so getting a bay is very difficult.
Back to top Go down
Moonfruit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Moonfruit

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:30 am

I like OCC range, but as i go during the week late afternoon its always pretty quiet.

Validating the card is no problem, as you must walk past the office on the way to getting your bay anyway.

Back to top Go down
icorpion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:29 am

that time i went to prastice at OCC, forgot to take back my card, when i return to the machine, the card still there but value all gone...worst still the card was tore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OCC range card Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC range card   OCC range card I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OCC range card
Page 1 of 1