Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !

Go down 
+7
setzer
alucard
icejazz
chocoman
mloy
JohnBGLee
daveaha
11 posters
AuthorMessage
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! Empty
PostSubject: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:28 pm

Starhub :

World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! 4195d7ae00afad69

Singtel :

World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! 31877000

Unbelievable price... anyone has signed up for this ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:51 pm

Finally cheers .

BTW, What is the time delta ?
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 12:11 am

I just called Starhub and they told me that the first game will be about 10ish. Will probably subscribed and watch the first game and weekend watch the late games.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 12:14 am

u mean u have to pay?

i have mine in HD and free...

he he he.

memang boleh.
Back to top Go down
icejazz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
icejazz

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:03 pm

Not going to pay to watch even though can afford it. Plain BS to charge soccer fan so much...
Back to top Go down
alucard
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:30 pm

boycott them totally! total crap service! after i sign up for the service in Jan, they came and install for 6hours. Then the next day when i on it, it doesnt work and they have to come again and troubleshoot for another 6hours. The modem was spoilt (after 1 day of non-usage, how come? the engineer also dont know...)

Then 1mth later during Feb, i on it again, the service is totally down! Seems like there was a outage in the backend...

Then in Mar I on it again, its down again...

All these is before BPL traffic even started!!! I can foresee when the traffice really starts in Aug, CONFIRM the lousy system will go down again...

Conclusion, MIO = Cannot Make it, then still charge so much for nothing to watch...
Back to top Go down
setzer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
setzer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:27 am

either way, its really BS that consumers have to pay for ST and SH's stupidity... now i only wished that more ppl will boycott them.

Quote :
Fifaf rejects Singtel & Starhub's World Cup TV bid, again
Published by GK
28-03-2010

LOCAL telcos SingTel and StarHub fails to meet the asking price for rights to broadcast the 2010 World Cup.

Both Singtel and Starhub said negotiations with Football Media Services (FMS), Fifa's regional sales agent, are still continuing.

The statements, issued separately, contradicted recent media reports that a deal had been wrapped up.

The telcos’ initial effort, was rejected as being too low. A revised bid made last December was also thrown out.

It is understood that Fifa had initially priced the World Cup broadcast rights at $40 million - more than double the $15 million StarHub paid for the 2006 World Cup. It was not known how Fifa arrived at this figure. Most agree that it has to do with the intensive bidding between Singtel & Starhub for the BPL telecast rights. Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) is believed to have outbid StarHub in Singapore to pay a whopping estimated S$400 million for the rights for the same three seasons of BPL.

As the World Cup is a global event played every 4 years. Fifa believes the amount paid for each match should be higher.

It recently cut the price, but the exact amount is still unknown.

It appears that FMS had the luxury of holding out because it has already met its sales quota for the region.

Each day that passes without a deal results in shrinking opportunities for advertising deals.

For instance, it typically takes advertising agencies at least three months to plan, shoot and edit TV commercials.

However, more than 12 companies have decided to start World Cup related promotions from May, despite inconclusive talks on the telecast of matches. Among some of the firms that intend to go ahead are Coca-Cola, Hyundai and Visa. As the World Cup is a global event, it is understood that multi-national corporations will launch similar advertising campaigns in different countries.

Attempts to reach Fifa's media office at its headquarters in Switzerland yesterday were unsuccessful.

Singapore is one of the few countries (including North Korea and Somalia) yet to secure the rights to the world's largest sporting event, which kicks off in South Africa on June 11 and lasts for a month.

As of December 2009, at least 202 countries had clinched broadcast rights.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:53 pm

wah...so expensive...bo pian...will sacrifice one golf game to be able to watch 64 games in June.....

Alternatively.....maybe will bet a bit...to offset cost
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:56 pm

Duval_S wrote:
wah...so expensive...bo pian...will sacrifice one golf game to be able to watch 64 games in June.....

Duval_S, who you gonna cheer for and who do you think will win the world cup?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:00 pm

Quote :
mloy wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

My 1st preference is to hope that England don win.....cannot tahan them...so much hype...WAG stufff etc......

My 2nd preference: The one and the only......Brrrr.....AAAA.......ZZZZZZZIIIIII....LLLLLLL!!!!!!! to win

you leh?
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 2:09 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
mloy wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

My 1st preference is to hope that England don win.....cannot tahan them...so much hype...WAG stufff etc......

My 2nd preference: The one and the only......Brrrr.....AAAA.......ZZZZZZZIIIIII....LLLLLLL!!!!!!! to win

you leh?

Ha ha ha.. Sadly I do like England but I know it will be very very difficult for England to win. I like Brazil and Spain too.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:38 pm

Definite boycott for me. Will source thru Internet tv or wait for news.
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:28 pm

Got a bit of money lah .... but not supporting - ToPid ST and SH.
Better to watch at my home club.
BIG Screen.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:26 pm

Maybe we can gather a few GRian to catch a game....I think Guild house showing....... Anybody keen to go Guild house (Kent Ridge)?
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:18 pm

god save the queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:55 am

dayligh t robbery!! *dumbsdumbs*
Back to top Go down
kenji
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:33 am

Fair competition backfired. FIFA knew how much to ask and we have to give up 64 cups of kopi to watch the matches. Rather go for my kopi...
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:06 am

not worth the money... dun think u'll catch each and every game also.

i also think drink kopi more worthwhile.LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !   World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out ! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2010 TV viewing price is out !
Page 1 of 1