Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Confession of a Virgin !

Go down 
+7
Technospaz
Gray
Uncle Lau
tronos
m0i
rocky
JawereZ
11 posters
AuthorMessage
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

Confession of a Virgin ! Empty
PostSubject: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:35 pm

I am yearning to play a game on a golf course. But, I will tell myself to be patience. Tomorrow is my 2nd day of class. Been to the range, 2x minimum weekly without fail for the past 4 months now and honestly speaking, my iron & wedge is pretty decent. My driver and woods still need a bit of tweaking. Source of inspiration, instructional videos on golf swing by Leadbetter, Purepoint etc and lots of ebook reading.

"The day will come and I will lose my virginity...."

---------------------------------------------
'Try not! Do, or do not, there is no try'

cheers
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:41 pm

My friend,

Hitting off the turf and hitting off grass are two totally different things. If you have never hit off grass, I'd suggest you try it at Race Course Driving Range off Bukit Timah. Alternatively, just take an afternoon to go to one of the 9 hole executive courses.

Succumb to the yearning. Don't fight it.
Back to top Go down
m0i
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
m0i

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:52 pm

When in range, automatically your legs, body, hands and head will be in the correct position. Swing and hit will be nice. Once on course first tee-box, u will ask yourselves these few questions...

am i standing too close to the ball?
put more weight on left or right leg or 50/50?
i hope don't air-shot
ok..ok...i must make sure i look down
anyone behind me looking?
is marshal around?
aiyo...how come now driver getting heavier?
now upswing slow or upswing fast?

keke...have fun in golf.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:05 am

nothing feel greater than hitting that straight boring drive down the middle at the first tee with lots of ppl watching (if you duff it, the feeling is quite the opposite)

there will be many 'first times' ..
first par, birdie, eagle?
first time you reach the green in regulation on a par 4 or 5
first time you land the ball within one putter length at the signature hole
first time you reach the green within 2 shots on a par 5 (short par 5 ofcourse Very Happy )
first time u hole off the bunker
first time you miss a 1 foot birdie putt (worse if u are putting for your first birdie)
first time a marshal ask u to tuck in your shirt Mad
first time you aim for the wrong green Razz

too many firsts in golf, good and bad but u will remember them all. In golf, the hole never gets bigger Laughing

Mandai maybe a bit brutal for a virgin, especially on weekends, Tanglin may be a more gentle initiation.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:04 pm

Bro JawereZ ! If you could play Friday early morning 7:15am game Par 3, 9 holes coures at NSRCC Resort changi, i could bring you in and guide you around the par 3 course. It one of the best in Singapore, JB and some say Batam ! Carpet grass and full club facilities at only $20 game + $5 day fee ( Next game a free day fee voucher).

PM me if you are keen as i play every Friday morning with my Mrs.....

Cheers !

Beer
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:48 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Bro JawereZ ! If you could play Friday early morning 7:15am game Par 3, 9 holes coures at NSRCC Resort changi, i could bring you in and guide you around the par 3 course. It one of the best in Singapore, JB and some say Batam ! Carpet grass and full club facilities at only $20 game + $5 day fee ( Next game a free day fee voucher).

PM me if you are keen as i play every Friday morning with my Mrs.....

Cheers !

Beer

Just to add, if you are a safra member, pay $29 and you get to play 18 holes!!!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:41 am

Funny how this thread is introduced. You'll soon realize that the sensation you feel will be repeated before each game and after each game, you'll feel like you've been scr***d Sad Well, I know I feel that way.
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:22 am

rocky : I will try out this week for sure ! Tq for the tips
m0i & tronos : Tq for sharing the experience. Very enriching, I might say.
Uncle Lau : You wanna break my virginity is it? I don't think I'm ready yet furthermore your Mrs is around. Don't think she will be agreeable for a threesome, hehe! Just joking! Anyways, I'm truelly appreciate for your kind gesture. My driver swing still not consistence unless you wanna coach me on that, ;-)
Technospaz : Why scr**d ???
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:38 am

hi JawereZ,
if you dun move one step forward if wouldn't be ready anytime.
go and try on the green the feel is much more difference on range.
I'm only 2 mths old in golf and i start my 1st virgin on green just after 1 mth yet still no confident on green.
Back to top Go down
golfdiva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfdiva

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:04 am

[quote="hardrock"]

Beer agree agree.. looking back i wish i hadnt waited so long before i played my first game .. otherwise scores may hv been much better with more green experience and exposure. sigh..
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:12 am

[quote="golfdiva"]
hardrock wrote:

Beer agree agree.. looking back i wish i hadnt waited so long before i played my first game .. otherwise scores may hv been much better with more green experience and exposure. sigh..

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

so hv you started??
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:16 am

JUST STEP on the Teebox and whack that ball ! ...... Laughing Golf is a game to be hands
on and experiences, the more you play, the better you becames. Neutral

Cheers !

Beer
Back to top Go down
golfdiva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfdiva

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:38 am

[/quote]

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

so hv you started??[/quote]

Yeah yeah eventually after almost 1 year of swinging at the range before i played my first 18 (i'm serious!!!) All becos' 'somebody' made me believe that "I'm not ready" even though my iron shots were IMHO decent enough. When i hit the course, then that somebody (and myself) were both pleasantly surprised that I can actually play decent enough. But I must say short game still sucks and that's something u can't really practise at the range lor.

Now I play Par3 every weekend and at least 18-hole once a month. Putting and short game oso improve liao although still far from breaking 100.

Go for it man and dun wait 18 yrs like 'xiao long nu' and 'yang guo' .. Swing
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:37 pm

dont worry about playing a good game. My first 18 hole is at MBGC pale ,
-lost at least 15 balls (played all my 2nd hand NTX Tours some more)
-played around 130 (i remember less than 130)
-played the wrong hole
-'warned' by the marshal for slow play (actually the flight in front of us slowed us down, we waited for 5 mins!!!!) but the next hole they are farther ahead, so we kena arrowed, when in fact we played 5 mins faster than the flight behind us).
-cramps all after the game (pain for next 3 days)

but it was all fun.

one thing for sure, your driving range routine will be different. You will practice more of what will get you a good score, not the furthest distance. if you are learning yourself, the technique also will change, some shots you cannot practice at the artificial mat)
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:26 pm

rocky wrote:
My friend,

Hitting off the turf and hitting off grass are two totally different things. If you have never hit off grass, I'd suggest you try it at Race Course Driving Range off Bukit Timah. Alternatively, just take an afternoon to go to one of the 9 hole executive courses.

Succumb to the yearning. Don't fight it.

I suggest the Executive course at mandai. Perfect for beginners to gain confidence, work with grass, and learn the rules!
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:21 pm

What should I bring for my 1st golf game on the greens? Uncle Lau, I would really really love to go serious.... maybe next week ?
Back to top Go down
G_Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
G_Man

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:43 pm

JawereZ wrote:
What should I bring for my 1st golf game on the greens? Uncle Lau, I would really really love to go serious.... maybe next week ?

MONEY!!!!

If you are really really serious... bring MORE MONEY!!!

more balls, a bottle or two of water, a note book to note where you may be lacking...
If its your first time on your home course, get a spare score card then make reference to the holes in you note book..... ie: irons used, where to aim for...

eg Keppel needs a lot of local knowledge....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Virgin !   Confession of a Virgin ! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confession of a Virgin !
Page 1 of 1