Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A nail in the fence

Go down 
+3
Duval_S
Technospaz
yuki
7 posters
AuthorMessage
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
yuki

A nail in the fence Empty
PostSubject: A nail in the fence   A nail in the fence I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:07 am

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His Father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence.

The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next
few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence. Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all.

He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper.

The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence.. He said, 'You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will
never be the same.. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. But It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound will still be there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: A nail in the fence   A nail in the fence I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:52 am

Good one.

At first, I thought it was about creating some sort of spiked club. But this is much better Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A nail in the fence   A nail in the fence I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:00 am

thanks .....I will try to fwd this to my boss.....
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: A nail in the fence   A nail in the fence I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:11 am

" I will try to fwd this to my boss...." with a bag of nails BUT What happen if he gives you a letter instead ??? kekeke lol!

titu
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: A nail in the fence   A nail in the fence I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:12 am

Tituman wrote:
" I will try to fwd this to my boss...." with a bag of nails BUT What happen if he gives you a letter instead ??? kekeke lol!

titu

Just make sure you won't end up in hospital...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: A nail in the fence   A nail in the fence I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:42 am

wah lau... now Master giving me bag of nails... one each time i throw club...
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: A nail in the fence   A nail in the fence I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:13 pm

i read this already and then thgt to myself. "good life philosophy, must learn" next thing I know, I went to )&)*& a colleague upside down. But he deserve it lah.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: A nail in the fence   A nail in the fence I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:10 pm

Gray wrote:
i read this already and then thgt to myself. "good life philosophy, must learn" next thing I know, I went to )&)*& a colleague upside down. But he deserve it lah.

says u. he will beg to differ. i think. :p
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: A nail in the fence   A nail in the fence I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:09 pm

Gray wrote:

Think if you passed this to him, he will surely pass you a bag of nails kekekkek lol!
titu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A nail in the fence   A nail in the fence I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A nail in the fence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.