Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL

Go down 
+22
Technospaz
jurongtiger
nrafee
eiji
duffader
golf_snowman
mUAr_cHEe
S70B
Winston
Yarra
and68low
golf_nut
weesern
pushslice
4dtoto
alvin7379
DGman
asahi
scotty2010
watermyforrest
nientsu
frosTEE
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
frosTEE
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
frosTEE

Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL Empty
PostSubject: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:45 pm

The den will be closed from the 29th March to 31st March for renovations (finally raised enough funds from our pre-renovation sales!!!)

We will be officially open on the 1st of April.

So for those who are coming to down collect stuffs or view clubs, please hold on till 1st of April.

I will post up some pics once the renovation is completed ^^

Last edited by frosTEE on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Heard u going to have a chipping green in bfg
Back to top Go down
frosTEE
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
frosTEE

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:29 pm

kekeke... that is a big project... will come in a bit later~~~
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:29 pm

We will come and celebrate the opening... Usual opening hours right?
Back to top Go down
scotty2010
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:49 pm

frosTEE wrote:
The den will be closed from the 29th March to 31st March for renovations (finally raised enough funds from our pre-renovation sales!!!)

We will be officially open on the 1st of April.

So for those who are coming to down collect stuffs or view clubs, please hold on till 1st of April.

I will post up some pics once the renovation is completed ^^

Hope no April Fool's joke...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:15 pm

YL, how bout considering opening on 2 Apr, Friday? :p
That day PH, more can come down to 'celebrate'. cheers
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:26 pm

i got a few calls...and being very service-oriented (or greedy in Alvin7379 words), we will open for grip change and some installation.

u can go to BFG OCC and look for Ivan OR head down to BFG BM between 12 noon to 7 pm cos i will be there doing inspection and doing labour work. No choice as i do not dig the cave design proposed by Alvin.

also brick and cement cheap sale....PM me please.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:59 pm

Hopefully the new reno will have a bathroom attached (with semi translucent type doors to add abit of spice)... Queen size bed will suffice... high preference for water bed but thought it would be too much to ask for... nice warm red lighting to top it off... humm... what was I think of...

hehe... but seriously... let me know if u need help with the cement and stuffs... would be glad to help... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:19 pm

Any water Hazard included in the reno... can see the ball into the water and if nobody testing hitting ball out of the water, can jump in for a dip.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:22 pm

boss eric..will you do a POST-Renovation Sale on shafts? Very Happy

Backside itchy, want to change the TT DG Lites 115 in my Maltbys. I can feel it is a bit soft, even buttery on good shots, almost as if I can feel it bends at impact. Ball launches higher, with a pronounced fade. I just cant hit a draw with this combo.

On the other hand, the stiff NSpro 90 you put on my TP forged gives a meaty and solid feel (despite the lighter weight). Produces boring/medium launch and longer (5-10m) distance than my Maltby/DG, with less pronounced fade. Sometimes even a hint of draw. TP clubhead felt heavier too (is it the swingweight?)

However, the shanks would sneak up on me few times with the TP/NSpro combo. Especially on short irons. That doesnt happen with Maltby/DG combo at all.

Happy to experiment with any shaft (new or pullouts) you think is suitable for me.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:41 pm

for a moment I tot you goingt o change out ur abt one month old shafts....
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:44 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
Hopefully the new reno will have a bathroom attached (with semi translucent type doors to add abit of spice)... Queen size bed will suffice... high preference for water bed but thought it would be too much to ask for... nice warm red lighting to top it off... humm... what was I think of...

hehe... but seriously... let me know if u need help with the cement and stuffs... would be glad to help... Smile

This is BFG leh, not HC leh........
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:48 pm

nientsu wrote:

This is BFG leh, not HC leh........

Haha... I know... but I just couldn't help myself with the suggestion... considering poor bros having to endure the special treatment in the storeroom... I thought it would make the process more bearable with better ambience... keke...

lol!
Back to top Go down
golf_nut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golf_nut

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:56 pm

wonder if there will be the ceiling-type mirrors also..

ROFL
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:15 pm

golf_nut wrote:
wonder if there will be the ceiling-type mirrors also..

ROFL

Thought those places are called BIGCHICKs!!!! where BigFISHes goes???
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:39 pm

hello people...

there are ladies and children in the house...please refrain from SBF type talk hor...and contain your excitement please

this is a preview for things to come...we are a little more than one third there after the first day.

Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL 4473291270_11f722e582_o

as you can see, there are no fancy lights, mirror ceiling, 2 way mirror, waterbed, etc....

in this process we have several ikea type bookshelf to give away. they are in great condition and you can pick up what you need. there are the tall ones and also the chest height type.

please contact frostee to indicate what you want. its on a first come first serve basis and you can dismantle it and transport this easily.

and i would like to thank Hybrid and Agnes Chung who came and gave me very special Filipino desserts and sweets. Also thanks to ethee who volunteer to help us clean up after the reno.

Cheers...DGman

watch this page for more updates.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:41 pm

Nice! It'll be much more bright and comfy the next time I'm in? Looking forward to my next visit!
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:40 pm

Waahhhh.... nice and simple... looks bright and cosy..

hiaks... the place turn so much brighter, then how I sneak stuffs out in future... scratch
Back to top Go down
frosTEE
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
frosTEE

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:14 am

you better not alvin... I'll be watching~~~ keke
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:19 am

SBF = Singapore Badminton Federation??? Twisted Evil tongue
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:52 am

Nice work Eric!

Can't wait to be back to have a look around.

Tied up with tons of work here at the moment but your scotties are 'cleared in' when ready. Wink
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 am

DGman wrote:
Also thanks to ethee who volunteer to help us clean up after the reno.

Master! I will report with my ol' broom and dustpan later today~~
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:31 am

very nice !!..

next time must take 1 day leave before dropping by your place..sure stuck there and not willing to leave...looks very comfy..sure looking forward to drop by again..

btw, Alvin, if u happen to sneak something out from there successfully, please kindly let me know how to do it...haha !!

snowman
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:36 am

golf_snowman wrote:
btw, Alvin, if u happen to sneak something out from there successfully, please kindly let me know how to do it...haha !!

I have done it countless times. not a pleasant experience. i am no longer virgin down there where the sun does not shine. *sob sob*
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:48 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:

I have done it countless times. not a pleasant experience. i am no longer virgin down there where the sun does not shine. *sob sob*

Yes.... I have seen those fingernail marks along the walls of the storeroom left by you... which is why I have been extremely careful...

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL   Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Renovation from 29th Mar - 31st Mar @ BFG Bukit Merah EXTENDED to 1st APRIL
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next