Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 Empty
PostSubject: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi,

Anyone had tried these and able to comment? Currently am using AP2 irons with Nike SUMO 5000 Drivers and Woods.

Due to vanity, am looking either to change irons to Nike or woods to Titleist. Smile
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:08 pm

Hi Meng Teck,

I think you can strike off the CCI Forged. They don't setup nice and the feedback isn't fantastic. The feel is more of the stainless steel, cast iron feel. You might be better off with the VR Cavity Forged.

But seriously, AP2? Why bother to change? I think AP2 is a fantastic set already.

909 drivers are not too bad. You could give them a try. But a pro once told me his Sumo 5000 outdrives his 907. Don't know about the 909 though. I don't know about you but I'm a SUPER high handicapper and I will just stay away from Titleist hybrids - very difficult to hit!
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:20 pm

Rocky,

U high handicapper and already tried so many sets? Are u buaya? haha.. joking ok?

AP2 is nice.. but just vanity lor.. actually am hitting quite ok with the AP2 irons and the SUMO Driver and Woods.. maybe should just say money .. Smile
Back to top Go down
icejazz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
icejazz

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:23 pm

AP2 anytime. CCI is the worst as what rocky said. No feel at all. Is it forged at the first place? But the current VR blade is really nice and forgiving though.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 pm

IceJazz.

U saying VR Blade or Cavity nice feel? WOw. blades.. tempting...
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:37 pm

anyone know where to VR Split Cavity with PX 50/5.5 shafts? anyone knows which driving range's pro-shop carry this? reason is wanna try first before deciding if i want to buy
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:49 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
anyone know where to VR Split Cavity with PX 50/5.5 shafts? anyone knows which driving range's pro-shop carry this? reason is wanna try first before deciding if i want to buy

Havent seen VR's with PX shafts yet. I have only seen NSPRO's and DG so far.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:50 pm

i notice that too.. dun like NSpro Shaft.. too high and unstable.. but have not tried DG shafts yet
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:32 am

Mengteck71,

No. I am not a buaya. I have tried many sets because I like to try out new stuff. I often go to different driving range and ask to try clubs. Sometimes I would go to Golf House stores to try the clubs too. More exposure won't harm me.

Bishan Driving Range carries Nike equipment. They have both VR split cavity and Blades. Nike clubs come with stock NS Pro or Dy Gold. There are no options for Project X, as far as I know it. If you really like Project X, I'd suggest you get them in from overseas and sell off the stock shafts. IMHO, Dy Gold pwns NS Pro anytime. As you have mentioned, NS Pros are unstable and I agree totally.

Just a little bit more info. The price for a set of Nike VR Blades is $1100, as quoted to me by the lady boss. So if it follows, the split cavity should be cheaper. Never the less, a set of PX steel shafts would cost in the range of $400 - $500. Plus the reshafting service and selling off the stock shaft, the entire set would set you back about $1500. NOW... with that kind of money, you can buy many other sets. Have you considered Mizuno MP62 with Project X? Question
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:17 pm

I bought AP2 with PX 5.5 last time as I have learnt that PX is at better shaft (was using Callaway X20 with NSPro Stiff).

If iget VR Split Cavity with DGS200 shaft, I dont think I will reshaft as the total price adds up too high and will not be worth it.

Have heard alot of good reviews for Mizuno irons and definitely worth buying. I intend to try DG shafts and maybe KBS shaft too.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:11 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
i notice that too.. dun like NSpro Shaft.. too high and unstable.. but have not tried DG shafts yet

I agree with high launches for the NSPRO950.... lost a bit of distance with that.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 5:10 pm

wonder how DG S200 performs compared to PX 5.5
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:35 pm

What do you think of AP2 on KBS 90? Will it be a matching pair?
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:39 pm

Had been wanting to pull out the PX 5.5 and put in KBS. But not sure to fit up the KBS Tour 90 (stiff) or KBS 110 (regular). Anyway, am bring all my irons to PCF and let Eric decide. Smile

You interested to take over my PX 5.5 shafts? hehehe
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:43 pm

Wish I could, PX5.5 too stiff for me... my hands will break..... HELP

Been trying to find out if any hardcore AP2 fellers have tried it with KBS. A mate of mine had the KBS90 with old set of Titty 695, he said nothing but praises on the shafts..
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:46 pm

i have read alot on KBS Tour on internet.. all are singing praises.. only those who claimed to be super hard hitters prefer DG and PX. I guess we typical asian weekend golfers may be better off with NSPro and KBS...the later being much more stable and superior.. and ofcos.. price to.. hehe

I will let u know after i got the AP2 fitted with KBS and will be playing a round on Friday. Hopefully Eirc able to get it done by Wed for me to go range before a round on Friday.. hehe
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:40 am

Had two rounds with KBS reshafted (orignal was PX 5.5). The feel was nice on good hits. It definitely felt softer then PX.

But i was unable to explain why i tend to duff 7 iron with KBS shaft, whereas when on PX, & iron was my best, hahaha.. I guess its just my swing problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2   NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NIke CCI Forged Vs VR Cavity Forged Vs AP2
Page 1 of 1