Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taylormade R9 FCT: Does your grip position change???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
beef
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Taylormade R9 FCT: Does your grip position change??? Empty
PostSubject: Taylormade R9 FCT: Does your grip position change???   Taylormade R9 FCT: Does your grip position change??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Hi all,

Im new to this forum, so apologies if this topic has been discussed in the past.

This will probably be a stupid question but i need to ask as i am confused by the FCT.

When gripping and facing the ball with it, do i set my hands on the grip at the exaxt same spot with every setting? For example,

A) If its set to N my grip would be down the centre of the shaft.
B) If its set to L and grip in the exact same spot, the club face is shut obviously, promoting a draw. That i understand... but:

C) If its set on UN and I grip in the same position as N its facing backwards completly.

Due to this i figure that you must have to change where you grip the shaft, with every setting. There are lines on the shaft and grips that are perfectly inline with the settings on the driver. So i guess when on UN the line on the top of the shaft becomes the bottom of the shaft when set to N, and same with when set to L, or NL and so on.

If I have to change the position of my grip on the shaft, how is the UN setting and different to the N setting. All that it is doing is spinning the clubhead on the shaft, it cant possibly change loft, or angles. I can change loft and angles by changing my position on the grip. But I know this must be wrong.

The only answer I can come up with is that the actual shaft it self must have different flex/kick points at the different setting points?

I know that all probably doesnt make to anyone, or if it does its a stupid question, but if anyone could explain it to me i would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance... sorry if i've not made any sense at all.

Beef HELP
Back to top Go down
cyruz_s
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
cyruz_s

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 FCT: Does your grip position change???   Taylormade R9 FCT: Does your grip position change??? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:47 am

hi buddy.. i am using the r9 as well...

initially, i was a wee bit confused too like u said, when change to L, its way too shut out..

i spoke to my review coach (i went back to a coach after playing for abt 6 months - to review my swing etc) and he said, just adjust the head, lay the club on the ground, like at address, and grip normally..

Let the adjusted club head do it for you...

the head's adjustments are very minor but they do work... dont worry abt yr grip... stick to a normal one...
Back to top Go down
beef
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 FCT: Does your grip position change???   Taylormade R9 FCT: Does your grip position change??? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:57 am

Hey Cyruz,

Thats exaclty what I wanted to know.. So i still adress the ball as normal.. With my head in the same position as i would with any drive.. I address it as square as i possibly can like most i assume...

So that being the case, hanging the FCT settings, is actually changing the action of the shaft due to it spinning a quarter turn left or right of the head. Would that be a fair statement?

By that i mean, so if you were think about it as if the shaft has 8 flat sides to it, that it must have different kick/flex/rebound when changing the side of the shaft. Is that how FCT works?

Thanks Cyruz, appreciate your help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade R9 FCT: Does your grip position change???   Taylormade R9 FCT: Does your grip position change??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylormade R9 FCT: Does your grip position change???
Page 1 of 1