Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hole-In-One : Is this a record?

Go down 
+13
puteh83
eiji
Birdman
Tituman
JohnBGLee
nientsu
jhan18
pocketace
agnes chung
mUAr_cHEe
sunny
Duval_S
Ant
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

Hole-In-One : Is this a record? Empty
PostSubject: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:13 pm

A golf kaki of mine aced a par 3 last week & I witnessed it... of cos he was elated & the whole flight was happy for him. But what he told us was even more astonishing..!!!

He just aced a par 3 last month last month. This was in a foursome and he registered the hole-in-one with the club.

Now hear this.....!! he further said that he aced another par 3 last year but that was in game with his daughter and no other witness. So he did not register that first holl-in-one.

He is a medical doctor by profession & I don't think he will lie about it...

Just wondering if this is a record???? Surprised

I been playing golf for almost 8 years - still waiiting for the HIO..... Sad
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:15 pm

FANTASTIC....

Record = world record??? No lah....coz I am pretty certain those PGA or tour pros will have more.

your fren still amateur?
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:15 pm

An old lady of 30 plus aced two holes in the same game. Beat that!
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:19 pm

Duval_S wrote:
FANTASTIC....

Record = world record??? No lah....coz I am pretty certain those PGA or tour pros will have more.

your fren still amateur?

Yes.. very amateur...... cos he still blow quite a number of holes in the same round that he got an ace... Smile Smile Laughing
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:21 pm

During my first game with shorthitter, while waiting for the front flight to clear at Hole 15, MBGC.

mC: "Hey! Saw your posting on the other day at the forum, you do have alot of HIOs."

shorthitter: "its luck, mate."

mC: "Oh! so have you ever aced any hole in MBGC before"

shorthitter: "yea..."

mC: "where?"

shorthitter: "here, mate!" *pointing down at the tee box where we are standing*

mC: "when?"

shorthitter: "last week."

mC: "...."
Back to top Go down
agnes chung
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
agnes chung

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:32 pm

sunny wrote:
An old lady of 30 plus aced two holes in the same game. Beat that!
is 30plus consider old lady?? ....faint Hole-In-One : Is this a record? 140772
Back to top Go down
http://agneschung.blogspot.com/
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:34 pm

seem like the more your practice (properly), the better your game, and the 'luckier' you get...
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:34 pm

ha nor. sunny not sensitive.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:36 pm

i've had my fair share and i hope it's not the end of it!
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Just googled. 51 aces by a single golfer with well documented record. Oldest is by an old lady who is 102...(Anges - 102 can be old lady, rite? ) just wondering what she use to ace it ..??? Walking stick??
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:52 pm

More aces by famous golfers:

•Jack Nicklaus - 20
•Arnold Palmer - 19
•Gary Player - 19
•Tiger Woods - 18
•Michelle Wie - 6
•Fred Couples - 3

Damm... they make it seem so easy...!! Shocked Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:53 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
ha nor. sunny not sensitive.

Cant be lah...

Sunny very well trained by moonie one.

Maybe Sunny thinks Agnes is about 20 something only leh??
Back to top Go down
agnes chung
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
agnes chung

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:53 pm

Ant wrote:
Just googled. 51 aces by a single golfer with well documented record. Oldest is by an old lady who is 102...(Anges - 102 can be old lady, rite? ) just wondering what she use to ace it ..??? Walking stick??
read the story of the 102 lady...she use a driver.
i will agree with you 102 is old. Hole-In-One : Is this a record? Lol
Back to top Go down
http://agneschung.blogspot.com/
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 pm

How come this HIO post is in the Market place ? Hole-In-One : Is this a record? 293543

Anyway congratulates to all the achievers... including Hole-In-One : Is this a record? 988273
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:05 pm

Sorry to create a stir, I mean an old lady of 30+ handicap but forgot to type the word handicap. Haha

30+ is not old. Sorry girls
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:10 pm

sunny wrote:
Sorry to create a stir, I mean an old lady of 30+ handicap but forgot to type the word handicap. Haha

30+ is not old. Sorry girls

Wah.... somebody sure getting ready with a 7 iron and ready to chase you out. You don't drive a ........ ? lol!

titu
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:39 am

Lots of strange stories about hole in one. I personally know of one who aced enough times in and out of competition to get in the local papers. Even kept the clipping and I saw it.

Remember vaguely reading many years ago a compilation of hole in one stories, and one of theme was a father and sone hole in one. Father aced the par three hole, then son in the flight behind also aced it.

What are the odds of that?

How about when Tay Peng Wee aced it at Laguna's Classic course during a Mercedes Benz tourney and drove away with a Merc coupe? He was just a celebrity golfer then, meaning only play when asked to show face at event. No swing to speak of, 5 wood for about 150 metres distance, mishit into a tree, ricochet off and roll into the hole!

I was in the same tournament, finished my round and wondering why suddenly got tv crew mobilised at 18th hole. They got there even before Peng Wee finished his round.

Me? smell also don have.... oh well, no one ever said the golfing god distributes evenly...

Swing good putt
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:51 am

play exec courses and par3 courses enough times, and you might get lucky
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:56 am

Wah lao eh.... thrill not so much as when score one on regulation course leh. A bit like saying you caught a damn big fish..... but from the kelong's fishing net, instead of from the open sea.

ROFL
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:26 am

wah, i'm happy to get a par.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:47 pm

I also heard there was a tournament here in SG in which the HIO prize is 2 cars and one lucky fellow walked away with it.
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:51 pm

ehhhh....HOW COME THIS POST IN MARKETPLACE? MODS.....plssss Smile
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Birdman wrote:
Lots of strange stories about hole in one. I personally know of one who aced enough times in and out of competition to get in the local papers. Even kept the clipping and I saw it.

Remember vaguely reading many years ago a compilation of hole in one stories, and one of theme was a father and sone hole in one. Father aced the par three hole, then son in the flight behind also aced it.

What are the odds of that?

How about when Tay Peng Wee aced it at Laguna's Classic course during a Mercedes Benz tourney and drove away with a Merc coupe? He was just a celebrity golfer then, meaning only play when asked to show face at event. No swing to speak of, 5 wood for about 150 metres distance, mishit into a tree, ricochet off and roll into the hole!

I was in the same tournament, finished my round and wondering why suddenly got tv crew mobilised at 18th hole. They got there even before Peng Wee finished his round.

Me? smell also don have.... oh well, no one ever said the golfing god distributes evenly...

Swing good putt

u know peng wee, in school he was known as the yogurt man......

when ask to do ad, make sure u pick the right one, right now, his fren call him yogurt man
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:07 pm

nutty88 wrote:
I also heard there was a tournament here in SG in which the HIO prize is 2 cars and one lucky fellow walked away with it.

u also walk away with one leh....... kum sia deep deep
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:54 am

peace2903 wrote:
ehhhh....HOW COME THIS POST IN MARKETPLACE? MODS.....plssss Smile

Moved. Carry on Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hole-In-One : Is this a record?   Hole-In-One : Is this a record? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hole-In-One : Is this a record?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next