Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pebble Beach

Go down 
+5
eiji
mUAr_cHEe
galileo
JonL_TK
Edgarkj
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Edgarkj
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:59 pm

Hello,

Will be going to California in May....

Am considering playing at Pebble Beach. But is bloody USD$500 per round!

Any of you gusy have played there before? Any feedback.

I was physically there many years ago.... took many pictures, but didn't play.

Now i'm going again... and realistically my next chance to play after this will be many years later.

Any thoughts? I know what my wife is thinking about the green fees! Wink
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Edgarkj wrote:
Bring her to the outlet malls there first... Let her shop till you drop on your expense!!!
After that i think can go and play golf... haha!!!
Back to top Go down
Edgarkj
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:12 pm

haha.... its funny... thats what she said too!

But then golf is going to cost so much more! hahah
Back to top Go down
galileo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:15 pm

The scenic is very nice. I drove pass there last winter when I was driving at the 17 miles coastal drive at Monterey Bay.

Why not try other courses near the bay area, I believe there are other courses which are equally good in the bay area but less expensive. Or is there a particular craving to play at pebble beach??haha

But for me, US$500 for the green fee is a bit on the high side..
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:17 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
Edgarkj wrote:
Bring her to the outlet malls there first... Let her shop till you drop on your expense!!!
After that i think can go and play golf... haha!!!

Probably double or nothinging all the bets to try to make up for the sudden hole in the pocket, or he will just sink deeper into bankruptcy.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:20 pm

US$500 although is expensive... but i would put it down to opportunity cost!
Like he said before, it might be another couple of years before he might
be able to play at Pebble Beach...

Sometimes, opportunities don't come knocking twice. Money can be earned
back in time, but the experience to play at Pebble Beach will be Priceless (sound like MasterCard ad)
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:23 pm

ha nor. i also say go for it.

otherwise next time want to play again, got to take $500 plus air ticket.
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:30 pm

Edgarkj wrote:

Here you go... list of factory outlets your wife can visit while your at golf!!!
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/centers/index.asp
Back to top Go down
Edgarkj
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:37 pm

wah... you gusy are nice guys... Razz

one ask me to bring wife to factory outlet.....

the other ask me to go for it....

hahahah
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:44 pm

Edgarkj wrote:
Hello,

Will be going to California in May....

Am considering playing at Pebble Beach. But is bloody USD$500 per round!

Any of you gusy have played there before? Any feedback.

I was physically there many years ago.... took many pictures, but didn't play.

Now i'm going again... and realistically my next chance to play after this will be many years later.

i went to the place as part of the tour, 17 mile drive. beautiful place with 3x 18holes. besides the high green fees, there's a long waiting line, so even if you want to play, you have to check if there's any availability for visitor. Last i heard the queue is about 6mths.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Edgarkj wrote:
wah... you gusy are nice guys... Razz

one ask me to bring wife to factory outlet.....

the other ask me to go for it....

hahahah

becuz we lup u.
Back to top Go down
Edgarkj
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:09 pm

actually, its quite easy to get a slot. on their website, you can just hook up with people....

I just calculated... it SGD38 bucks per hole!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Edgarkj wrote:

US$500 for shopping you said golf cost more?? You have not met my wife yet ! Just this Dec we were in Europe, her shopping bill alone was disgusting !!
Our costs for that travel package was around 15k for a party of 5. She spends more than two times of that amount on shopping alone ! affraid
Some more some of her shopping list was not fulfilled due to out of stock. I guess, in Paris, you gals know what the letter 'L' stands for. She bought hangbags, shoes, dresses...all from that shop alone. Then in Milan, the other letter starts with 'P'.... In Switzerland, she bought a watch worth 5 figures. Sad We came back with 6 large luggage bags and 3 BIG soft bags. I was more worried about having to take 2 cabs when we reach home. Luckily just managed to squeezed everything in a Maxi Cab.
Titu
Back to top Go down
agnes chung
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
agnes chung

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:37 pm

Tituman wrote:
Edgarkj wrote:

Our costs for that travel package was around 15k for a party of 5. She spends more than two times of that amount on shopping alone ! affraid
Some more some of her shopping list was not fulfilled due to out of stock. I guess, in Paris, you gals know what the letter 'L' stands for. She bought hangbags, shoes, dresses...all from that shop alone. Then in Milan, the other letter starts with 'P'.... In Switzerland, she bought a watch worth 5 figures. Sad We came back with 6 large luggage bags and 3 BIG soft bags. I was more worried about having to take 2 cabs when we reach home. Luckily just managed to squeezed everything in a Maxi Cab.
Titu

I guess that is her 1st time to Europe...... dont worry she will shop more the 2nd time around.
...there's still hermes bag........"P" watch.... or "IWC" Cheers Jump

500 is still no big deal as long as you enjoy the game... heard St. andrews more expensive.

Last edited by agnes chung on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://agneschung.blogspot.com/
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:39 pm

Tituman wrote:
Edgarkj wrote:

US$500 for shopping you said golf cost more?? You have not met my wife yet ! Just this Dec we were in Europe, her shopping bill alone was disgusting !!
Titu

Titu, i need a god father, can acknowledge you or not, i don't require the L, P and swiss watch, just R9 SuperDeep and SuperTri Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Its actually not my money but her own ha ha but still heart very pain lor. I am honestly very frugal with my own money kekek Laughing

titu
Back to top Go down
agnes chung
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
agnes chung

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:51 pm

we need to stick to the topic of going to play at Pebble beach.... or else this will be diverted to how women shop badly.....
my suggestion is play with out thinking what other might say as long as you have the money and the energy to play.
enjoy while you can life is ..... just...... flower lol!
Back to top Go down
http://agneschung.blogspot.com/
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:51 pm

agnes chung wrote:
Tituman wrote:
Edgarkj wrote:

Titu

I guess that is her 1st time to Europe...... dont worry she will shop more the 2nd time around.
...there's still hermes bag........"P" watch.... or "IWC" Cheers Jump

500 is still no big deal as long as you enjoy the game... heard St. andrews more expensive.

Oooh.. she been there quite regularly. Even my maid 'thang teo' when she starts her spring cleaning of her personal stuffs from dresses to shoes which is a couple of times a year..

titu
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Sorri Edgarkj
for OT on your thread . Will stop here.

titu
Back to top Go down
Edgarkj
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:57 pm

actually no worries. Hearing from you guys makes me love my wife more.

I thought her spending in europe was bad... 5 x leather handbags... so i guess after hearing from you guys, it aint that bad after all!

I'm going to kiss my wife right now! hahah
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:09 pm

Edgarkj wrote:
actually no worries. Hearing from you guys makes me love my wife more.

I thought her spending in europe was bad... 5 x leather handbags... so i guess after hearing from you guys, it aint that bad after all!

I'm going to kiss my wife right now! hahah

Do that. Thats why I very nice to my wifey kekekkeke

titu
Back to top Go down
xlr871
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
xlr871

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi,
It's definitely worth every cent. I played PB a couple of years back and had a great round - +10 after 17 holes and then dump it in the bunker and ding dong around for triple bogey.. shooting 85 which I was happy with. The course is pretty challenging if the wind picks up, and can get quite long. Remember to get a caddy as they really know their way around and have many stories to share from their days caddying for stars during the AT&T pro-am.

I hear you need to stay at the lodge these days to get onto the course, but i believe you can call a few days ahead and they can slot you in for a 1 ball. I paid $350 back then and i believe the rates will continue inflating - so go for it. BTW, caddy tip is US$50 Smile

And if you can spare another day, go play Spyglass Hill, it's has some amazing holes along the MOnterrey peninsula.

One way of pleasing the wife is to find a nice and cosy place in Camel, which is next to PB. It's really quaint and slow with many retirees chilling out. My gf really enjoyed it when we were there.

If you have more time, drive down to Torrey Pines which is a public course and they charge about US$100 for a round ( they gave us local rates of $75 cos we turned up at 5 am Smile

Between pebble beach, st andrew's and maybe ballybuion is Ireland, there are some places one must play before you get too old to swing the club haha... Enjoy.

I have some brochures of the places I stayed, so let me know and I can pass them along..
Back to top Go down
davidtkh77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:25 pm

I have a Korean friend played at a golf course near the Pebble Beach and he paid much lesser than US$500. I think around USD$200. That is couple years back.

But having said that, I think you should go for it. It is once a life time thing and you are talking bout Pebble beach where US Open -Major held there before. Do remember to take as much pictures as you can as memory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pebble Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pebble Beach   Pebble Beach I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pebble Beach
Page 1 of 1