Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reshaft Ping Irons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alangolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Reshaft Ping Irons Empty
PostSubject: Reshaft Ping Irons   Reshaft Ping Irons I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 7:46 pm

Is it recommended to reshaft ping g10 irons with ping fitters (meaning sending back to ping) or other club fitters will do? Asking because i read that ping shafts are not easy to remove. Advantage of sending back to ping is keeping the warranty and resale value. However the old shaft not be returned.

Anyone has any advise or opinions? thks

*btw, thinking of changing my graphite to steel shaft.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Reshaft Ping Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reshaft Ping Irons   Reshaft Ping Irons I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:06 pm

For me, I would just go for a local fitter. Chances are they are much cheaper and you can keep the originals. I wouldn't care about the warranty. Resale for golf clubs are bad anyway, so it doesnt really matter.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

Reshaft Ping Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reshaft Ping Irons   Reshaft Ping Irons I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:26 pm

Try BFG, Mr. DGMan will pull out a good shaft for you from his hat... But please take note that you will need to "pre-order" if you want the "perfect" shaft as they are usually "out-of-stock".
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Reshaft Ping Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reshaft Ping Irons   Reshaft Ping Irons I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:54 pm

wow.. what perfect shaft is that? sounds perfect... i want one...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Reshaft Ping Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reshaft Ping Irons   Reshaft Ping Irons I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:04 pm

Mr Lam, its the one that you and myself didnt get a chance to book and hold tight to it....
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Reshaft Ping Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reshaft Ping Irons   Reshaft Ping Irons I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:07 pm

bu yao mai guan zi leh.... what shaft is that ? Smile
Back to top Go down
alangolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Reshaft Ping Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reshaft Ping Irons   Reshaft Ping Irons I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:43 am

seems like most recommend going to local club fitter. agree the warranty and resale is not important considerations.

Read in ping's knowlwdge base website that the head weight are different for steel and graphite shafts (same model). So cannot suka suka change.... scary. got so pro meh Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Reshaft Ping Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reshaft Ping Irons   Reshaft Ping Irons I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:50 am

Well, these all tech talk. A good local fitter would be able to break these terms and find a suitable shafts specs based on swing speed monitor.
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

Reshaft Ping Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reshaft Ping Irons   Reshaft Ping Irons I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:09 am

Why do you want to re-shaft is my question.

Too heavy, too lights, too stiff, too flexy, too long, too short, broken from using as a tire iron?

Whatever the reason, there's really no need at all to send them to PING WRX. A waste of money.

X.355 Taper Tip.

Watch your swingweight though as the original Ping shafts tend to be just a a tad lighter than DG etc. They are great shafts but a little light for many who play steel.

Let your clubfitter know you want same swingweight or you can experiment a bit and see if the adjusted balance and overall weight of different steel shafts suit your swing profile.
Back to top Go down
alangolf
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Reshaft Ping Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reshaft Ping Irons   Reshaft Ping Irons I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:33 am

looking for something less 'flexy' and a tad heavier. Somehow lack good feel with current setup. thks, will visit a fitter after my lessons. Swing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reshaft Ping Irons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reshaft Ping Irons   Reshaft Ping Irons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reshaft Ping Irons
Page 1 of 1