Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I had a free grip to try...

Go down 
+3
SIMBA
asahi
S70B
7 posters
AuthorMessage
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

I had a free grip to try... Empty
PostSubject: I had a free grip to try...   I had a free grip to try... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:29 am

...so I bought a shaft to go along with it.

The new Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G that is.

Its really very very sticky although I'm not sure how long it will last in terms of durability. Was worried about the playability of it in the wet weather and with my bad experiences with Winn grips, I wasn't hopeful. I ran it under the tap for a few times and tried it out. Surprisingly, when you towel it off, it got even stickier, very unlike the Winns which got all slimy and soapy.

Since its nice and white, I found a shaft to match it up in my driver - The Fubuki 63X X flex. This baby plays like a dream. Stiffer mid-section than the blueboard and dispersion is definitely less. I know there is a new Fubuki Alpha to be launched in a couple of months time but that is supposedly to be playing low spin, lower launch and thats not what I am looking for.

The tour wraps will be available in shops here in the US from March. I think the white ones are pretty sick and am very tempted to go full set with them.

I had a free grip to try... Fubuki

I had a free grip to try... Fubuki2

I had a free grip to try... Fubuki3

I had a free grip to try... Fubuki4
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: I had a free grip to try...   I had a free grip to try... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:43 am

Good looking! Nice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SIMBA
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I had a free grip to try...   I had a free grip to try... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:24 am

YOU ARE SO SICK!!!!!!! Stretcher
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: I had a free grip to try...   I had a free grip to try... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:28 am

Look who's talking! lol!
Back to top Go down
icejazz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
icejazz

PostSubject: Re: I had a free grip to try...   I had a free grip to try... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:34 am

Nice looking grip. Wonder for those with sweaty palm is it recommended?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: I had a free grip to try...   I had a free grip to try... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:12 am

I do not have sweaty palms but I tested it too by wetting my hands and gripping it. Feels like any other grip and not any more slippery than my tour velvets.
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: I had a free grip to try...   I had a free grip to try... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:24 am

2 words: SIBEI CHUIO!!
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: I had a free grip to try...   I had a free grip to try... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:52 am

Yup, Golf Pride grips are sticky, I did mine, Multicompound-Yellow. Stick like a glue... very sick !

cheers
Back to top Go down
icejazz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
icejazz

PostSubject: Re: I had a free grip to try...   I had a free grip to try... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:42 pm

S70B wrote:
I do not have sweaty palms but I tested it too by wetting my hands and gripping it. Feels like any other grip and not any more slippery than my tour velvets.
ohh thanks... Because I need to use full corded grip n I dun like it.hope to change it soon
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: I had a free grip to try...   I had a free grip to try... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:02 am

Buying a new shaft to try the grip is quite gross..

Now you're done testing the grip i don't suppose you need the shaft anymore? I'll gladly make good use of it for you.. just ship it over to me lah Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I had a free grip to try...   I had a free grip to try... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I had a free grip to try...
Page 1 of 1